[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kennel cough aka bordetella

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
I work at an animal hospital and recently we have been hit with an awful kennel cough that isn't prevented by the vaccine. Any other hospitals/clinics dealing with this? We are extremely clean obviously so any other advice on getting rid of this shit would be amazing.
>>
>>2059431
The vaccine is like a flu shot; it doesn't necessarily stop the illness, but it helps prevent it. Even with the vaccines, some dogs will still get kennel cough. This is extremely common in places that kennel many dogs at a time. Kennel cough can also be caused just by stress alone, in which case the vaccine won't do dick for the stressed KC dogs. Are they responding to medications?
>>
>>2059462
..I appreciate your feedback but I am asking for other tips for our vet office to use as far as further prevention. Just like the vaccine the medicine doesn't prevent it so that isn't really what I was after. Thanks anyway!
>>
>>2059779
You were asked a question shithead.
>>
>>2059431
>I work at an animal hospital
>wow kennel cough
>I've worked here 2 weeks guise
>>
I work at a dog daycare and kennel cough has been bad in my area, we turn away any dogs that show signs. Vets here have been just giving out anti-coughing drugs and not letting the infected dogs step into the clinics.
>>
>>2059805
What if they are sick/emergency cases? Or new appointments and don't show signs of coughing/you don't know they are coughing until they are in the exam room/day care place?
>>
>>2059790
You obviously lack the ability to read. Should work on that before coming to the internet. It might hurt your head. Sorry if I confused you. Your mom must be proud of you and the helmet you wear.
>>
>>2059779
Are they responding to antibiotics, like minocycline and doxycycline?
>>
>>2059827
Kennel cough is something you can't get rid of, but only help to prevent. There will always be slip ups. If someone knew how to completely clear a place of KC, I don't think they would keep it a secret.

My only advice is to clean after every dog vigorously, whether or not they show signs of KC, treat all KC as soon as it's diagnosed, and keep KC cases away from other cases
>>
>>2059836
Doxy yes. We do that and coughing tabs. I guess based on what's been posting we're doing everything available... Maybe even more idea wise. I appreciate the actual responses. Thanks guys!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.