[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im so sick of the amount of bone fragments in all dog meats.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nu6l13Gvbg1qd5mq1o1_540.jpg (70KB, 540x562px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu6l13Gvbg1qd5mq1o1_540.jpg
70KB, 540x562px
Im so sick of the amount of bone fragments in all dog meats.
Its like feeding my dog little bits of glass everyday.
she already has bladder problems, I have to feed her wet food, but this cannot be good for dogs.

if it was babby food and bits of glass were in it, there would be uproar.
why is it acceptable to feed dogs this?
>>
What's wrong with bone fragments? Most frozen raw food comes with it. Are you taking about canned wet food? That's not OK... Buy better food? What brand do you buy?
>>
>>2059308
ive found its in most brands.
>>
Aren't there bits of bone on purpose because they would eat bones for calcium in the wild?
>>
>>2059330
>Aren't there bits of bone on purpose because they would eat bones for calcium in the wild?

With raw food, definitely. It was really obvious and deliberate. It sounds like op is finding cooked bone fragments in wet food which doesn't sound as safe, but probably isn't super dangerous. Idk tho.
>>
>>2059337
what im finding is the ground bone fragments when they chuck the shit in the grinding machine and it doesn't grind it fine enough.

try this if you want

-open a can
-get a chunk
-rub it between your fingers
you will find ground bone but often it will be quite large, im talking say 3mm squared.

that's in every chunk.

if you were to fish the bone out of a while tin you would have about a teaspoon of sharp bone fragments that has to go through the dogs digestive tract each day.

if it was ground finer into dust it wouldn't be an issue but I just think the bone fragments are pretty damn big and I feel like im feeding my dog glass essentially.
>>
>>2059344

Literally name a brand. I'll do this when U get home
>>
>>2059348
pedigree, pal, winalot. I can remember them all off the top of my head.

I only noticed cos I have to put tablets in her food everyday.
>>
>>2059363
* cant
>>
>>2059363

Well that does sound frustrating. Have you tried raw frozen food? It comes in nuggets and is really healthy, and cheaper than wet food usually. It will have bones but they're safe because they're uncooked. You can still put the tablets in.
>>
>>2059366
no I haven't but ill look into it thanks.
>>
>>2059272
Bone fragments in your dog's food is fine. If you've ever dissected coyote, wolf or bobcat scat, you'll find plenty of bone fragments in it. They chew up bones and eat them. It is nothing like glass.
>>
>>2059374
Well cooked bones are different from raw but i agree it's probably fine
>>
The caution against feeding cooked bones is only pertinent to feeding large pieces of bone or whole bones because they fracture differently than raw bones. They can break into long sharp pieces that can cause mechanical damage (to the inside of the mouth, the throat, or some part of the digestive tract). But the size of the pieces found ground up into dog food are not problematic, whether raw or cooked.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.