[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you cope with putting your pet to sleep? Just had to put

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How do you cope with putting your pet to sleep? Just had to put my 2 year old dachsund down today due to sudden severe meningitis...
>>
Please don't get another dog unless you're willing to brush its teeth daily. I know it seems trivial but it isn't.
>>
>>2057912

Can you elaborate?
>>
>>2057921
Not that anon, but what elaboration do you need? Take care of your dogs fucking teeth. Your dog just died because of a lack of dental care, I'd think you would've caught on pretty quick.
>>
>>2057921
They are idiots.

Think of it this way, you are putting your pet out of its misery before it is going through the pain and sufering of a debilitating disease.
>>
>>2057932

>>2057932

Actually a lot of elaboration you fucking stupid prick.

A cursory glance of the op dog meningitis results lists these as the most common causes:

>The most common cause of meningitis is a bacterial infection in the brain and/or spinal cord originating from elsewhere in the body. Meningoencephalitis, meanwhile, is usually due to infections of the ears, eyes, or nasal cavity. And meningomyelitis generally proceeds following diskospondylitis and osteomyelitis. In puppies and dogs with compromised immune system, such infections commonly reach the brain and spinal cord via the blood.

>Most cases of canine meningitis are caused by secondary complications of diseases that start elsewhere in the body, including viral, protozoan, bacterial, parasitic or fungal infections. The causative agent can be anything that triggers inflammation in a particular dog. Some known causes are infected bite wounds on the head and neck and bacterial migration to the brain from infected sinuses, nasal passages, middle ears or elsewhere. Meningitis can also be aseptic, which means that it is caused by a non-bacterial disease of unknown origin. Aseptic meningitis tends to affect young, large-breed dogs between 4 and 24 months of age. Meningitis is an extremely serious condition that should not be taken lightly.

Not one of which mentions teeth or periodontal care specifically, or as a cause greater than any other. Moreover, his meningitis followed a bout of pneumonia which is likely what triggered it.

While I did not brush his teeth daily, he was in for regular checkups with teeth cleaning. Fucking /an/ sometimes

>>2057940

Thank you.
>>
>>2057900
I don't put my pets to sleep.
What's the point?
>>
>>2057948

So you just let them suffer all the way up to their death?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.