[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Found a cat in my shed and seeing as the closest house is 2km

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (30KB, 576x467px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 576x467px
Found a cat in my shed and seeing as the closest house is 2km away, I'm thinking it might be sticking around.

How do I befriend it since it's such a qt. I was thinking of just leaving out milk and food for it and maybe it'll get friendly, I also have a mouse problem it could help with too.

Anything else I can do to make it my petfu?
>>
Feed it and dont chase after it
>>
>>2056494
Ignore it or give it milk.
>>
>>2056510
It would help if the cat can see you drop the food off so it knows it's from you and not just magically appearing
And yeah, the cat comes to you, don't go after the cat.
>>
>>2056494
>Wanting a cat
>>
Isn't milk bad for cats
>>
Yeah I sort of thought not to chase it, I just took the picture with no flash and just walked off and it stayed in there. I've grown up around cats and had 14 living with me over my life but never one that didn't grow up knowing me.

Is there any specific kind of food I should put out or just regular cat food from the shop, I'll probably just leave it out there for a couple of days until it starts coming back regularly and then I'll be able to put it out while it's watching me.

It'll be cool if it hangs around seeing as I live alone in the middle of a huge block so it gets lonely, plus the mice that are always around will entertain it.
>>
>>2056515

>give it milk

no
>>
Don't give it milk unless u want delicious hot frothy kitty diarrhea everywhere

leave some water and a bucket of kitty foods
>>
When you feed it you need to stick around the vicinity like >>2056517 said.

The best way to train cats is by food association. Which means you should feed to two times a day instead of leaving a bowl out all day for it to free feed.
>>
Milk is fine if you want to lure it in closer to let it knwo you're not a threat when wet cat food doesn't work.

Not all cats are lactose intolerant and even the ones that are can have small amounts of milk every once in a while.
>>
We had many strays in the alley
i took a likling to one
i brought food and. let him see me bring it. as another person said
when i. put the boiwl down i went a distance away and sat down quietly.
he ate the food and after a time recognized me snd would come. over to me amd bunt me
i would then sit calmly with some dry food in my hamd and he ate it out of my hand.
not long before he alloiwed me to. pet him
yu have to be very calm in your demeanor, relaxed and nonthreatening do not make sudden movements walk slowly and dont try to touch him right away
>>
>>2056494
just leave food/water out for it regularly, that'll make it stick around your property if nothing else
>>
Update?
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.