[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there perhaps someone who can help me with this... My dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Is there perhaps someone who can help me with this... My dog is very sick and I don't know where else to turn but 4chan.

My dog (Bruce) is fifteen years old, very happy, always playful.
This morning he was chasing a ball and he barked, played, ran...

Since this evening at 19:00 when my mother got home from the doctor, she noticed alot of puke on the floor, pee on the doormat and more.. (I don't know the details as I was at work) He is currently laying on his cushion, squeeking everytime he breathes in.
I just checked on him 10 minutes ago and he was laying INFRONT of his cushion, awake and staring at the wall, not responding (He's a bit deaf)

He won't eat, he won't drink.. He won't even sleep.
I checked under his lip and his flesh is very white.

I'm worried /an/... Worried that I lose my best friend. Please help me!
>>
vet.
>>
take him to the vet you fool.

he may have got into something poisonous
>>
OP here

The problem is... The vet is closed.
(I live in Holland)
>>
>>2054869
nobody on /an/ is really qualified to diagnose your dog. the best you can do is google symptoms and look for official-looking people. good luck OP
>>
History of cancer? My dog died a little over a year ago due to a tumor on his spleen that burst, causing blood loss. He acted completely normal until then though.. eventually going into shock, labored breathing etc.
>>
>>2054874
No emergency vets? ('murrican so genuine question) Either way, that's very quick for these symptoms to have appeared and progressed. Maybe it's something neurological? I would go to the vet fist thing in the morning. For now, do what you can to keep him comfortable. Make sure he has plenty of water and is warm enough.
>>
OP here again:

I have watched him for a little while and he seems to get better REALLY slow... His breathing has gone more stable and he seems to stopped twitching with breathing...

He might have eaten something bad in one of his walks that made him puke five times...

Anyways, I'll try and keep this thread open until tomorrow morning after I've went to the vetenarian to keep you /an/imals updated.
>>
>>2054927
Boo boo, the only thing I can tell you is that you REALLY need to make sure he is not severely dehydrated. Old guys like that can go downhill so fast & puking that amount of times and being lethargic can take a toll on his bod. If you can find Pedialyte with no flavor or unsalted-no onion-no garlic beef/chicken broth that'd be great. Only give it to him mixed half with water, a couple of hours after he's quit his puking, and only do it in smallllll amounts at a time. Hydration takes time, which is why it's so important to start as early as possible and go gradually so as to not to disturb his tum tum. Good luck, OP. I hope he's doing ok.

Side note: a lot of people try to do Gatorade,I don't recommend it, but it will work if you can't find no onion/garlic broth.
>>
>>2054927
>an/imals
Please don't say that ever again. You might attract the furfags
>>
>>2055050

right? I thought it was /an/ons. We are trueblooded 4chiners of the highest pedigree (akc registered/1400$ rehoming fee)
>>
I hope he'll be all right, OP. Be sure to give us an update after you've taken him to the vet in the morning.
>>
File: 1442774826284.png (9KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1442774826284.png
9KB, 300x100px
>>2054869
>Don't know where else to turn but 4chan

>what are emergency vets
>What are vets on call
>What is google
>>
>>2054869
>My dog (Bruce) is fifteen years old
there you go, hes just really really old
my parents had many dogs (mostly old ones noone else wanted) and what you describe sounds like a dog knowing that he doesnt have that much time left
>>
OP here yet again:

He's doing alot better, but he's still not okay.. He did drink some but he won't eat yet. (Atleast drinking is important)...

The vet only has place this evening, sadly...
Again, I'll keep you /an/imals posted.
>>
>>2054874
I live in a tiny town and even our local vet has a person on call in case of emergencies
>>
I am sorry to inform that Bruce has been put to sleep at 19:25 last night.

>pic related, it's Bruce.

† Bruce Sopjes † 19-dec-1999 till 05-feb-2016 † You will be missed, buddy.
>>
>>2055926
What was wrong with him?
>>
>>2055926
:(

RIP Bruce
>>
>>2055926
wtf OP what happened
At least he went relatively quickly and stayed playful 'til the end rather than spending his last few months/years being old and lethargic. You'll learn to love again.
>>
>>2055933
Not a vet, but probably an infection if it was so sudden. Happened to my dog just 2 months ago. She was 14 and within 2 days went from active to unable to move or eat, vet came back with preliminary test results showing a ridiculously high lymphocyte count and she had to be put to sleep she was in so much pain.
>>
>>2055933
OP here:

Ill shortly explain what was wrong with him.

He had a tumor on his chest for a couple of years. The problem was that he was too old to let it get removed.
This tumor drained all the nutrients from his body and became bigger.
His body became more and more bonier.

Not to fret, Bruce had it well.. He was a happy dog and had a very happy life.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.