[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dog Breed General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 91
Thread images: 20

File: 613217-funny-german-shepherd.jpg (340KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
613217-funny-german-shepherd.jpg
340KB, 2048x1365px
So I've been looking for a dog for the past three months, but I can't decide on a breed, and I need some input/advice from people with personal experience. I've decided on a couple of things though.

>Male Puppy that has been sufficiently nurtured by his mother and siblings as well as socialized with kids.
>Neutering will happen at 12-15 months. (Which many vets and dog trainers encourages to prevent testicular cancer and unwanted agressive and sexual behaviour.)
>Medium to Large
>Medium to short Coat length
>Don't mind shedding or grooming (I've always loved bathing and brushing previous family dogs)
>Intelligent (inb4 everyone saying that their dog is super smart)
>Capable of extensive obedience training.
>Calm at home or indoors in general after excercise.
>NOT interested in raising a champion in agility or whatever, just a loyal companion.

Me:

>Frequent Jogger, runner, camper etc. Anything involving outdoor activity and exploring.
>Wokring part time at the moment, 2-3 days a week.
>Calm and friendly
>Live in a house with a medium sized yard, but large outdoor areas to cover. (Norway, man)
>Have Had dogs my entire life, mostly small to medium size, but this is the first one I will own alone.

Breeds that I'm concidering are:

>German Shepherd (Smart, Loyal, djkhaled.gif, highly intelligent, Energetic, Beautiful)
>Labradour Retriever (Kind, loving, family dog, very smart)
>Alaskan Malamute (partial to this one because of their tendency to be stubborn)
>Siberian Husky (Also partial because of their headstrong will and stubborness)
>And... suggestions?

Also what the hell is up with these dog breed test questions?
>7. How do you tend to react when a good friend starts telling you a story you've already heard?
>- Interrupt and beat her to the punchline. Or: - Smile and nod, smile and nod
>wat.jpg
>>
File: your a boring machine.jpg (120KB, 800x489px) Image search: [Google]
your a boring machine.jpg
120KB, 800x489px
im not going to read that shit
>>
File: 1440892752519.jpg (63KB, 535x462px) Image search: [Google]
1440892752519.jpg
63KB, 535x462px
>>2050344
But it was enough to make you respond.
Well played anon
>>
Stubborn dogs are a pain in the ass, and huskies can be particularly destructive.

Malamutes are more long-distance slow-joggers than sprinters, so you should bear that in mind.

Both malamutes and huskies are notorious for having unreliable recall and high prey drives. So they'll either be excellent tethered campers/explorers/whatever, or nightmares that you're going to lose some place and end up having it shot for looking wolfy. Which happens more than you'd think, depending on your location.

With German Shepherds and Malamutes, you've got aggression to be aware of. With German Shepherds, you really need to choose your breeder carefully, and even then you might get a dog with terrible health. This is true for all dogs, but especially Shepherds.

Labradors are probably the "easiest" dog from your list, but if you go working field lines, you're going to have a much higher energy dog that can be difficult. And you've got to watch them for obesity -- they're inclined to fat.
>>
>>2050337
If I may OP, maybe watch this vid.

https://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=mDaMdkrDXKE

I am thinking about getting a shepherd from them myself in the next few years. I also scoped out their website and they seem honest and straight up.
>>
Shepherd bruh, just be careful with hip dysplasia and shit you gotta be prepared if he gets it. And don't forget to socialize
>>
I'd recommend a Husky with some low content wolf mix desu
>>
Shepherd or standard poodle m8.
>>
File: 5YZLw.jpg (454KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
5YZLw.jpg
454KB, 2203x2937px
>>2050337
>suggestions?
Weimaraner.
>>
>>2050768
No.
>>
>>2050768
Don't they have insane level of separation anxiety?
>>
>>2050337
I would go with golden retriever or German shepherd. However, Both are horrendously unhealthy and are likely to fuck you right up the ass with vet bills eventually. You'll have to search hard for a decent breeder, almost all of the puppies you're gonna find are BYB bullshit. Make sure the GSD you choose doesn't have a nasty slope back on it. I'd run any breeder you're considering through this board first to have others take a look at it. Huskies will also have a lot of BYBs just because they're a shit hype dog. Not sure about malamutes, don't know much about them. You could also rescue. they're both very common breeds and I'm sure you could find rescue puppies. It'll cost a lot less and it's much easier to avoid supporting shit breeders.
Though it's not what you're looking for, a quality breeder will be heavily involved with showing, and as much as I hate it, the AKC. They'll also explicitly list all necessary health tests for that breed (which you can usually find listed somewhere) and ensure that their dogs are healthy. I wouldn't really go with a just "okay" breeder for these breeds, they're popular and that should make you very wary of breeders.
>>
/thread
>>
>>2050787
Still horrendously unhealthy and overbred. Only difference is now you have to make sure you're not buying a dog with anger issues.
>>
Vizsla or Brittany senpai. Do your research on both of them.
>>
>>2050337
>vets encouraging cutting your dogs balls

Let me guess, you from the USA
Because that's the only place on the Earth where this mysterious practice happens.
>>
Probably get a lab. Or golden doodle?
>>
>>2050824
Personality wise they can be very overwhelming though....
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 500x375px
>>2051061
I forgot how well constant unmonitored breeding goes in other countries. Fucking first world scum, not letting their dogs live life to the fullest.
>>
>>2050774
boo
>>2050778
Not mine after I got through with training, although initially yeah sure, not the one I babysit, and not well trained ones. Any dog can have an insane level of separation anxiety. It really depends on how you raise your dogs.
>>2050787
Restricted in too many places still to ever get. I wouldn't get a rottie unless you owned your own house.
>>2050824
Seconding Vizla.

What about a Ridgeback, OP? They're good to jog with, they're loyal, smart, and beautiful.
>>
>>2051097
>all dogs
That doesn't change the fact that they're predisposed to it, along with a lot of other shit. They're stubborn and extremely destructive when left alone, as are Vizlas and ridgebacks. I think OP is looking for something easier to train like GSDs and Goldies, he said "capable of extensive obedience training" which also presumably means it's not extremely difficult to teach them anything advanced.
>>
>>2051061

Most developed coutries you weirdo.
>>
>>2050337
If you're willing to exercise your dog for a decent amount of time each day (eg an hour long jog) and do decent research/go to puppy school/properly socialize your dog to avoid resource guarding you can pretty much get whatever you want.
I'd say that you should avoid certain breeds (lab, GSD, huskies to a degree) that have been massively overbred, because you can have some major health/temperament issues with them though.
>>
>>2051301
This. Any dog breed that comes to mind as generic or popular is probably bred horrendously. It's a shame, because most of them are great dogs when bred correctly, but still very unhealthy regardless.
>>
File: 20150911_211342.jpg (2MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20150911_211342.jpg
2MB, 4160x2340px
>>2050337
I Have a husky/german pinsher mix we adopt it like 7 months ago awesome dog
>>
>>2051417
Your dog is awesome looking.
>>
>>2050337
I have an irish setter and it is a wonderful breed. Everyone told me the dog would be restless, but they're calm when inside but could get pretty crazy when outside. Terrific hunting dogs in general too. Kind to kids and pretty much everyone. And the norwegian type has a magnificent coat for kramsno. Where in Norway do you live? I would not recommend huskies or malamutes. They're headstrong and can become quite restless inside. Got a cousin with a few of both. Labs are as wonderful as it gets and the fur goes great with the environment. Shepherds can become quite expensive as mentioned in the thread. Generally good, but you risk having a limp dog eventually that may not be good for a several day trek in the mountains. Some may recommend tollers as well. I've had a few, but they can be mischievous and can be hostile or less friendly to other dogs. But they're loving and smart. I would recommend irish setters to anyone.
>>
Cattle dog or kelpie. Cattle dogs are probably easier to please and maintain than a kelpie. Mind you kelpies are usually docile. Australian working dogs are like shepherds but without all the bullshit problems
>>
>>2051269
That still doesn't mean they are ALL going to be stubborn destructive shit bags. If that were true, nobody would ever own them, the breeds wouldn't be as loved as they are, it might take a certain kind of person to own/raise them properly, but like I already said, it depends on how you raise them, REALLY. Depends on what kind of owner/leader you are.
>>
>>2052778
Gonna have to agree with this anon guys. Even if you get a poorly bred dog, it isn't like it's impossible to train them. Might require some more knowledge on dog psyche, yes, but 90% of the time isn't IMPOSSIBLE. Just difficult.

Example:Lots of shitty dogs come from shelters, but lots of good ones as well that just need some training that they never were able to get before.
>>
File: akita-inu-3.jpg (50KB, 784x467px) Image search: [Google]
akita-inu-3.jpg
50KB, 784x467px
What do you think about Akitas anons?
>>
>>2052838
I think that they can make finding a place to rent difficult
>>
Redpill me on Corgis bros.
>>
>>2052895
Go ask in the dog general, but you're better off looking for information on good breeders FIRST, then going from their.
>>
>>2052895
they're a herding breed compadre, that means that they need a lot of shit to do or else they will find their own shit to do, and you will not like the shit that they decide that they must do
>>
My husky is stubborn as all can be. Took much longer to train than any other dog I've owned. But he is fucking awesome and I love him
>>
Do you want intelligence, or ability to train? Intelligence I would consider a personal trait preference, because intelligence does not equate to easily trained or biddable. Husky and mals are awful to train, they are independent and aloof as far as breeds are considered. Of course, if you go for a mix or a poorly bred husky or mal, then the personality is a gamble and you could get a biddable, attention-starved dog

>>2051061
You probably rarely hear about it because it's often done in 1st world countries

>>2052778
I think there are people out there that love their dogs even if they are little shits. If not, no one would ever have puppies and there wouldn't be a pet overpopulation crisis.

>>2052838
I would say experienced handlers, because they need a lot of socialization and training for them to not become very aggressive, and they are very difficult to train and socialize because of how independent and aloof they are. So double whammy. They also get fucking huge and become harder to deal with as they get bigger, so an untrained 8 month old Akita is gonna be fucked.

>>2052895
People see they are small and think that means they need less work. That isn't true. They need a lot of physical and mental stimulation, or they will become neurotic. The breed has a tendency to be food aggressive and guard resources. Generally not good with kids, and not recommended with cats due to herding.
>>
Hey.
Not OP but instead of creating a new topic, I'll just hijack this one a bit if it's ok.

I live alone in a 50 m2 apartment, no yard, and I'm looking for a dog that's not too small.
Ideal would be a shiba, but they're hard to find in my aread.
What are my other options if I'm looking for a medium/tall sized dog? (I'd go for a mastiff if I could, but I'm afraid it'd be a bit too small for him even with regular exercise, obviously...)
Labrador?
>>
File: DSC03541.jpg (2MB, 2180x3274px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03541.jpg
2MB, 2180x3274px
>Thinking about Huskies
>Not considering Borders or Aussies
>>
>>2053284
>first choice is a meme dog
>shiba inus as a (presumably) beginner dog
>Labradors as an apartment dog
It sounds more like you want a cute Instagram picture than a dog. I'd tell you to do five fucking seconds of research, but it sounds more like you shouldn't get a dog. I strongly advise you don't get a dog.
>>
File: 20160107_140441.jpg (3MB, 2322x4128px) Image search: [Google]
20160107_140441.jpg
3MB, 2322x4128px
>>2050337
cattle dog/ corgi mix is the way to go
>>
>>2053769
I did research. Maybe the sites I read this on were wrong then. But aside pocket dogs, those were 2 of the results I got for mid-sized or big dogs that are ok in an apartment if you go out and exercise enough with them.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, I don't want to make a bad choice.
>>
>>2054017
Also
>meme dog
Shiba were cute and charismatic as fuck before they were a meme.
>>
>>2054017
Ignore the meme dog shit OP, just look at the bad traits of a breed and question if that's what you want or can deal with if you don't get your ideal temperment in the breed you wanted. Second, either adopt or SERIOUSLY research your breeder because it will ultimately come down to which breeder you get it from. Once you figure out which dog you think you would like, go to a show, contact a breeder directly, tell them why you think this dog will be good for you, and they will tell you if it is, or if you should look for a different breed. They will suggest you another breed as well.
>>
File: airedaleandwelshie.jpg (31KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
airedaleandwelshie.jpg
31KB, 500x332px
airedales are absolutely based

Welshies if you want a smaller copy of them
>>
File: airedales.jpg (444KB, 1304x868px) Image search: [Google]
airedales.jpg
444KB, 1304x868px
>>2054124

also
>Also what the hell is up with these dog breed test questions?
>7. How do you tend to react when a good friend starts telling you a story you've already heard?
>- Interrupt and beat her to the punchline. Or: - Smile and nod, smile and nod
>wat.jpg

I'm assuming that is in relation to your patience, and is supposed to help you find an easier to control breed or something like that
>>
>>2054124
Can attest to airedales, awesome dogs all around dogs. Train them good though, otherwise they can be non-stop barkers.

Never met a welshy myself, but that's cute as hell.
>>
File: based rhodesia.jpg (403KB, 1200x835px) Image search: [Google]
based rhodesia.jpg
403KB, 1200x835px
There's only one correct answer, and you're looking at it.
>>
>>2050337
Pitbull? Am staff? Samoyed? A ferret? A labradoodle? A border collie? A
>>
>>2054018
Shiba owner here

If someone here ends up getting one, train them the moment you get home with that pup.
They don't care about making you proud, so homemade treats are the most effective way to get them to listen.
It's a breeze if they're trained before the biting phase and tearing up your furniture phase.
Teach heel asap
They have a lot of energy so they need a couple long walks a day
>>
>>2050337
>Capable of extensive obedience training.

Definitely not a malamute. The fucker will learn commands in minutes, but will obey the commands only if it pleases it. They also shed a fuckton, will constantly try to steal food from trash bins and will instantly obliterate any food put in front of them. They are also required to be on leash/ pretty much at all times unless you want to chase after it and make apologies after it hunts down a squirrel or the neighbors cat, especially if they ente

Some upsides to them as well. Can be pretty much left outside all winter long and they will enjoy it. Mine would, during winter nights, sleep outside on its own as indoors was heated. If willing to put in effort into joring and mushing they can go for hours at steady pace. And personally I find their appearance aesthetically pleasing and their lack of bark and chewbacca noises rather funny.

If getting one be prepared to exercise it and have patience. If you decide to get a puppy, which in my opinion is just a massive hassle, 12 weeks minimum, reputable breeder all that.

Look at collies feel like they might be something for you or just get yourself a nice looking, healthy mutt from the local shelter.
>>
>>2050337
Get a rough collie because they are the best dog breed ever (source: me).
>>
>>2053142
>there are people out there that love their dogs even if they are little shits.
Still doesn't mean that every dog of the same breed is a bad-mannered little shit.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-04-10-23-11.png (671KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-04-10-23-11.png
671KB, 1080x1920px
Have one myself, they're very trainable.

They are also sprinters, not long distance runners.

Mine has skin allergy problems, not sure if it's common, she was the only pupper who survived of her litter.

No health problems with her so far and she's 6
>>
SWISS MOUNTAIN DOG
W
I
S
S
>>
File: thetwo.jpg (108KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
thetwo.jpg
108KB, 960x960px
I've got a German Shep/Redbone Coonhound mix. They were originally bred to be good coon/deer dogs. I'm assuming they were crossed like this to get the nose of both and the discipline of the Shep breed, they took their pick and dumped the litter. Here's a picture of two of the dogs that came out of the litter. The one closest to the camera is mine and they were raised very differently.

I can tell my dog to sit and stay, leave the room and she will be right where I left her no matter how long I'm gone. She doesn't bark unless warranted by another animal or someone knocking on the door. She is very energetic and did take a lot of time up as a pup, but it was well worth it in the end.

I would suggest a working dog breed for you since you are highly energetic yourself. Try to find a good mix if you can or even go to the pound and look around and then do some research to see if thats the route you want. Good luck, anon.
>>
I absolutely adore German/White Shepherds, Huskies and Malamutes but I'm not in a position to get one right now so the past few weeks have just been researching for when the time comes.

Sites are helpful but it's even better to have owners' perspectives, so I have a few questions:

I understand Huskies and Mals in particular can rarely be trusted off-leash so what kind of decent exercise can you give them; running with a long leash? I'd never get one without some solid exercise strategy so some advice here would be great.

For anyone who has owned a White, German, Husky or Mal - any advice for training? I've looked after dogs before (2 Jack Russells and a Staffy in my friend's house, where I usually visit weekly) and have researched dog behaviour but this would be my first time owning. Staffies are another breed I would definitely consider if the other four are much less compatible for someone without prior experience with those breeds.

Thanks!
>>
File: got your nose.jpg (154KB, 763x935px) Image search: [Google]
got your nose.jpg
154KB, 763x935px
Corgi master race.
>>
Every one of those breeds is a giant pain in the ass to deal with if you fuck up their training. Be sure you know what you are doing.

A lab would probably fit your lifestyle the best, just make sure it gets plenty of mental and physical training. Malamutes and Huskies don't handle exercise well in hot weather so consider that.
>>
get a fukkin based belgian malinois or a heeler.

>>2053772

this is the most adorable doggo. is this mix common?
>>
Malinois sonnnn.
I'm on the K9 unit of my countries police, and in a general sense Malis learn quicker and have fewer health problems than GSDs. Out of all the dogs we have, we experience aggression issues more in GSDs than Malis. We have maybe 5 or 6 GSDs with aggression problems, as opposed to maybe 1 or 2 Malis.
>>
>Dog Breed General

Alright, well I'm looking for a dog and I can't find any good questionaires online, so maybe you guys can help me out with suggestion or a good dog question quiz.

I am an active person similar to OP-beach trips, hiking, camping, and such. However, I don't like clingy dogs. I want the dog to be able to go and entertain itself while we are at home on an off day. I have plenty of money for toys, chews, and puzzle games for it, but I want it to be smart enough/independant enough that it will willingly go and play with those things if I want to relax.

I've had a lot of dogs before, and lots of bully mixes, and for how much I love the bully/pit type, they are kind of...well stupid. Not in a bad way, but they are just kind of clingy and get depressed easily, and get very sad at the slightest sign of anger on my part. I had a pure american pit in the past that would hide or be depressed for hours on end if he heard me raise my voice from another room when angry at something else that had nothing to do with him, and I had never done anything mean to that dog in it's life. I also noticed a bit of a trend in my other bully mixes like that, along with them just not having much common sense.

So I want a dog that has a bit more common sense, or at least basic problem solving. One of my friends has a german shepherd and I've been considering that breed, but I don't know if they all act the way that dog does. I swear he's the smartest dog I've ever met. The guy barely had to train him, and he does all kinds of stuff.

If my friend went to sweep the floor, the dog would get up and move to his bed where it was out of the way. If my friend was carrying in firewood, his dog would walk ahead of him, push the door handle down to open it, and then nudge the door shut once his owner was inside-and my friend says he only spent like half a day teaching him that.

So ya, again, don't know if that is specific to their breed in general, or was just that particular dog.
>>
>>2054857
Most smart, easy-to-train breeds require a lot of attention from their owners because they are so hungry for mental stimulation.

Breeds like Labradors and Border Collies won't get upset just because they heard their owner raise their voice to someone else, but they still will want to be with you as much as possible, and will take out their frustration by ripping up furniture, digging at drywall, and barking incessantly if they don't get enough attention from you.
>>
>>2054867
I'll be giving them plenty of attention on the days that we are doing things together like hiking and trips and such, I just need the dog to entertain itself the few hours in the evening after we get back, or on a rainy day. Like, the dogs I've had in the past couldn't do this. The dog I have now can't do it, we go on a six hour hike and after she's had a nap when we get home, she wanders around the house for a few minutes, looks at her toys, looks at me, grabs her toy and brings it to me expecting to play. I tell her to go lay down and she does, but she acts depressed about it like she's bored.

It's like..we just went on a six hour hike, why can't you entertain yourself for an evening? You had my attention ALL DAY.

So that. I don't know, I've just noticed it a LOT in bully breeds specifically. And it's not like I'm unwilling to give attention, I love having a dog to dote on-just not 20 hours out of the day.
>>
>>2054872
I basically just need the dog to WANT to be by itself sometimes, because I will buy it any toy/chew it wants to entertain itself with while being alone. Or make a puzzle game if I can.
>>
>>2054872
Perhaps some sort of sight hound then?
>>
>>2054889
Maybe, I haven't really thought of them. I actually don't know many breeds of dogs except for the famous ones.
>>
>>2054898
You could get an ex racing greyhound, they can run and like to, but they're ultimately really chill dogs inside the house.
A ridgeback is also an option, they're kind of like sight hounds except less stupid.
You could also get a standard poodle, they're pretty good dogs, and you don't have to give them the retarded show cuts.
One thing that you have to keep in mind about sight hounds however is that by and large they have terrible recall, so you're not gonna be able to run them off leash
>>
>>2054901
Ah, ya recal is a big for me. I like the dog to be able to hike with me unhindered by the leash and not run off if it sees a squirrel or something. I know a big part is training too, but it's much easier with a dog that wants to be with you.

I'll look into those, but from what I've seen of greyhounds, I don't know if they could handle hiking well? I also need the dog to be able to hold about ten pounds of weight on its back. It's own couple water bottles and food for itself.
>>
Any one got any personal info on Brittanys and what they are like?
>>
File: comfy.jpg (507KB, 1084x732px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
507KB, 1084x732px
>>2054131
>>
>>2054904
you really shouldn't take your dogs off leash while hiking imo, it's a pretty good way to lose even the best trained dog.
That being said greyhounds should be able to handle a good 10 pounds while hiking, they're sturdier than they look.
Also a lot of the breeds that have very good recall also tend to be velcro dogs, which from what I understand isn't something that you want.
>>
>>2054928
I'm aware, so I be careful about where I go hiking. I don't go on many public trails with other dogs/people, or private property. Usually trails that I've had a chance to scope out ahead of time. I know I'm taking a risk without a leash, but I've never had a problem losing a dog or having problems with recall if I could train them-which some I can't, and I don't take those dogs hiking.

I'm just worried that a greyhound couldn't handle longer excersise sessions like that, but I'll look into it. I thought because they were bred to be sprinters though, that they couldn't handle endurance?
>>
Labs

They have 0 upkeep besides food, mild exercise and affection if they don't lose the genetic lottery and get a hip disease, are some of the sweetest dogs on the planet and are incredibly flexible with lifestyle.

They're also smart to the point you can't even really think of them as an animal most of the time. They just sort of know what you want when you say something, if you've properly socialized them.
>>
>>2054937
If you want something that can put in a lot of time on a trail then maybe a spitz breed would be a good idea? But again they tend to have pretty shitty recall, and they shed a lot by and large.
>>
>>2054949
Does a Chesapeake Bay Retriever fall under all of this?
>>
>>2054952
Shedding and mess isn't a problem as long as they can handle different types of weather. The poodle got me looking into it, and some other anon mentioned airedale, that I found while looking at poodles. From what I'm finding on google, it says airedales are very versatile as far as breeds go.
>>
>>2054957
No, they're entirely different dogs.

http://www.cbrrescue.org/articles/dontbuy.htm
>>
File: Norwegian_Elkhound_1.jpg (1MB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Norwegian_Elkhound_1.jpg
1MB, 3008x2000px
>>2050337
>norway
Doesn't mention Norwegian Elkhound
>>
>>2055051
/thread
>>
>>2050337
I need some advice guys im looking for another dog.
Currently:
>own sweet sweet lemon beagle (female)
>make almost daily trips to the dog park and weekend hiking trips
>live in az
im looking for another dog who can keep up, but is larger and more reserved with strangers and protective of my girlfriend, my house and i. needs to be male and trainable. doesnt need to be a menacing or mean dog. just something that will have my back and actually be able to do something.
I was thinking anything from a collie to a ridgeback so im open to suggestions.
>>
>>2055438
oh also protective somewhat of the beagle too, but is good with other dogs at the park
>>
>>2055438
See:
>>2050366
>>
>>2054912
Just bought a puppy, wont get her until March. I love what I've read about them though. We have a lab, so a smaller, but similarly active dog should be a good match.
>>
>>2054957
I have a seven month old Chessy Lab mix. He's great.
He'll do what ever I tell him to do, just have to use my big boy voice.
>>
English shepherd.. nice looking dogs, good on energy, love playing but know when to stop
>>
>>2056596
They almost look like Aussies
>>
>>2055956
>paying ahead of time

No offense, but this is a classic sign of a BYB. Try and get your money back, if you can. What breed are you looking for? I can help you find a reputable breeder.
>>
What medium-sized, non high-energy breeds are least likely to have health problems?
My last two shelter dogs wound up having serious health (back, hip) issues partway through their lives and it was a major bummer.
>>
>>2051088
>>2050794
>m-muh PUREBRREDS R EVIL
>>
>>2058182

A dog that has the most archetypal "dog" shape will be the least likely to suffer from skeletal issues.

The weirder shaped the dog's skeleton is, the more likely it'll be to have skeletal problems.

I'd suggest finding a medium sized mongrel that doesn't have any exaggerated features at all.
Thread posts: 91
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.