[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I found this cat on the road. It was hit and can't walk.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: Snapchat-975235279429858662.jpg (337KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-975235279429858662.jpg
337KB, 1080x1776px
I found this cat on the road. It was hit and can't walk. Right now I have it in a box in a dark, closed room. What do? I was going to go to the vet tomorrow. I asked two homes if he was theirs but he's not so no idea if he's stray or not. This is in the country btw.

vid(dot)me(slash)AN3g
It was meowing like that all the time I was bringing it home and while I was holding him. He hasn't showed any signs of aggression but he definitely is scared. He hissed once when I checked on him in his box and got a bit close. The meowing in that video is from me touching him and waking him up, although his eyes were wide open before I bothered him. I think he had his eyes closed when I checked on him earlier though. I haven't given it food or water, should I do that? It doesn't look skinny at all.

Thanks
>>
File: Snapchat-4303749495733642175.jpg (299KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4303749495733642175.jpg
299KB, 1080x1776px
>>2048671
Forgot to mention he's breathing heavily, I tried to take a video of it but it couldn't be heard. I think he might die tonight.
>>
Check it's gums for color?

If they're very pale, don't get your hopes up...
>>
I think he might too anon, but I don't think there's much you can do other than drive to an emergency vet (if there is one available).
>>
>>2048674
Probably will if you don't bring him to an emergency vet.
>>
File: Snapchat-5932454210594111333.jpg (207KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-5932454210594111333.jpg
207KB, 1080x1776px
>>2048679
Not a very good pic but it was the best I could do. Seemed pretty pale to me.
He didn't meow this time and let me do this, he was breathing slowed and heavier than before.

>>2048682
>>2048683
Nearest is an hour away. I'm not going to, its late and I don't really think its worth it.

I called my vets home phone and he said if there was internal bleeding it would probably be coming out it's nose and mouth.
>>
Think I should give it water with a dropper?
>>
>>2048671
He's in shock. Try to not mess with him too much more until you see a vet. Keep him isolated. Turn off the lights.

Also, this is probably some child's pet. He does look well fed. Did you find him on the road? Did you see the collision? Any blood at all? Oh and the gums can be pale due to mental trauma. Think of it like someone "pale as a ghost" when they're scared. Just let him rest.
>>
>>2048704
He will be fine with out water right now.
>>
good idea he probably tursty because of all this adrenaline.
>>
That cat is fucked, OP. Probably has some neurological trauma at the least.
>>
>>2048671
Can he move any part of his body besides his head? Like a twitch of the paw or movement in the tail. If not then he may have paralysis due to a spinal injury. Do not move his body at all. Giving him water could cause more harm than good.
>>
>>2048692
Call them and ask if its even worth it than. Who are you to judge? Tell them everything in detail. They will probably ask you questions of his conditions and might tell you to bring him in or not.
>>
I'd honestly just try to try to make the cat comfortable.
Throw a towel in the dryer then lay the warm towel on top of the cat.
Oh. Also get the cat out of the room when you turn the dryer on. Like you don't want those loud ass noises to freak it out.
>>
>>2048671
Sounds like that cat may have been pretty scared of you as you approached. Didn't move at all. Not even its head, even though it was trying to look right at you.
I think its neck is broken and its paralyzed.
Try pinching its paws and see if it reacts.
Like, don't hurt it, but you might have to give it a good pinch with your finger nails to see if it does anything at all.
Start with the back paws then the front ones.
>>
>>2048724
Man if its neck is broken and its survived this long, its a fucking champ. Strong willed little guy
>>
>>2048708
No blood, found on the road, didn't see a collision.
He's isolated and it's dark, I'm going to bed soon so we'll see how he is in the morning. Because he wasn't aggressive it could be he has an owner. One of the guys I talked to said he's been hanging around his yard along with another cat.
>>2048714
It's a shame I don't remember if he has or not. I'll check with the other nons paw pinch suggestion
>>2048718
Well my local doc said its probably stress and blood would be coming out the mouth or nose if there was internal bleeding. There's none of that so I'm hopeful.
>>2048722
I've changed my thermostat settings so the heat doesn't go down during the night. I don't think I'll do the dryer thing.
>>2048724
I'll try that really quick before I leave it alone.
If he's paralyzed is he str8 fugged?

Thanks all
>>
>>2048730
This is honestly just my opinion. But if he's paralyzed, even if you could guarantee he could live a long life, it would be the most humane to just put it him down.
>>
He didn't move when I pinched his paws. I hope it's just exhaustion.
>>
>>2048730
>If he's paralyzed is he str8 fugged?
It's a possibility he will be a vegetable if he survives this. It's also a possibility his neck is just broke and maybe the vets can save him. He could also have like no movement in parts of his body, like his back legs. Saw a video of a kitty that was hit by a car and had no movement from the hips down. It's hips and legs were strapped to this harness with wheels and it kind of lived normally
>>
>>2048734
Damn, if you gave it a good pinch and it didn't move at all, it's most definitely paralyzed.
Did you give it a good hard pinch? Like enough to elicit pain?
>>
>>2048733
Completely than yes. Partially and there are things you can do for them. They will always be handicapped but can still lead good lives
>>
>>2048733
Yeah I already own two kitties and I'm not sure if I'd be willing to take a third, especially if it was paralyzed. I'll have the vet check for chips but if there isn't one and he is paralyzed I would.
>>2048736
I didn't pinch very hard but he was whimpering when I did. I could try again
>>2048735
If that's the case probably going to put him down

I named him gozer earlier
>>
He moved his back legs!
I tried pinching again and nothing. I was able to move his front arms around and he wouldn't react. I left but then I heard thumping. He's weakly scratching himself with his back leg now.

And now he just moved his entire body! He arched his body upwards and outstretched his legs and readjusted his arms. And now he's not moving, and hardly breathing... maybe about to die.
>>
>>2048749
That's a shame.
Try feeling around it's mid-section to feel for any swelling.
Usually swelling in the midsection means internal bleeding
>>
>>2048749
Or just calming down from all the heavy breathing. I'm sure he's in pain somewhere. Don't think he's a goner just yet. Also, his gums did kind of look pale yes, but I've seen worse. When they are near white is when you have to worry. Cover 2/3 of the box in a towel. Leave the 1/3 open for his head. The towel will act as an insulator for his body heat but not make him over heat. Might even comfort him. Now leave him be for now. He may very well survive this.
>>
>>2048751
I don't suggest he mess with Gozer anymore
>>
>>2048753
Ok ok no more bothering him. I can't even hear if he's breathing and can't really tell if his bodies doing the motions
>>2048754
Yeah I won't
>>
You could try to make a post on petfbi.org, might be a chance you could find the original owners
>>
>>2048751
And plus, I doubt OP can tell if it's swelling or bloat. Sometimes you can't really tell by feel. The gums would give it away but my cats gums kind of look that color right now.
>>
>>2048756
OK. Please post tomorrow either way. I'm really hoping he survives. He looks so much like my cat from when I was a child. I'm worried about him. But I've taken care of a squirell that got hit and acted the same way the first night. She is now probably hibernating right now if she hadn't been killed by a cat or a dog since I released her.
>>
>>2048763
I hope so too! I'm in bed now so we'll see in the morning. This board is slow so the update might be here but if it dies then it'll be a new thread

Really appreciate all the help and concern!
>>
He died. I'm thinking the movement he made described in >>2048749 was his finale before he croaked, and when I couldn't tell if he was breathing he wasn't. His body was cold and hard when I just checked on it. I didn't feel this sad when I thought he was going to die last night but now that he has I'm crying. I didn't think I would feel this sad about it. I feel like I could have done more. Emergency pet care is several grand, I really didn't want to do that, especially since it was just a random cat that was likely a stray and/or fucked anyway. Is still possible he was at least somewhat paralyzed? He moved his head looking around my house when I was holding him, but once he was in the box he didn't move anything until the end. Maybe the final movement was involuntary and it just happens when cats die. Although he was just scratching himself before. It's just really depressing that he would move and give me hope then die right after. That he would make progress and finally move and scratch himself, making it seem like everything was going to be okay.

At least he died in a warm room in a box rather than on the road.

Thanks everyone
>>
>>2048671
Where the fuck are you? That looks exactly like my cat and I don't remember seeing him the past day.
>>
>>2049004
lol
>>
>>2048936
I'm sorry anon, glad there's people that will care for an animal in its last hours, stray or no
>>
>>2049004
Western New York
>>
>>2048936
A little advice. If you drop the cat off in front of the door in a box they have to take it will fix him for free.
>>
>>2049040
If it's too expensive they may have just euthanized him, wouldn't they?

Op, you did a good thing. May Bastet bless you.
>>
I want to eat it
>>
>>2048671
It will die overnight, i would bet money on it
>>
>>2049109
I've done this before. If it isn't to bad they'll fix them up and send them to be adopted or put them out of their misery.
>>
>>2049040
At a vet? No, sometimes they will euthanize, or more likely, the animal will sit through the night and die/leave and get lost. On the off chance they do get the animal, they can and often do send them to local shelter and pounds, even in terrible conditions just for the shelter to put them down.
>>
>>2048936
Aw....damn. I was really rooting for him. Don't feel too bad anon. You did your best. He probably would have died anyway on the trip to the emergency vet. What like a hour away?
>>
RIP kitty.
>>
>>2048671
He's probably going to die. The same thing happened to my favorite cat.
>>
>>2049509
I must have a golden hearted vet then. I drop them off (not at night I don't know why anyone would) and they fix them up and adopt them out or if it's to bad they euthanize them.
>>
catcopter, anyone?
>>
>>2049023
>>2049109
>>2049522
Thanks for the kind words. I dropped him off at my local vet yesterday, they have a disposal service. Even if I had a local emergency vet I would not have gone, that's several grand on a random cat that was pretty screwed already.
>>
>>2049893
My mother had spent $600 to have a stray cats jaw fixed only to have it run away after it healed.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.