[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chewed Through Collar? No Idea... Need Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0460.jpg (625KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0460.jpg
625KB, 1280x1280px
I need some help on this one because I am totally perplexed on how this happened. Is this what a chewed collar looks like?

Before leaving for work this morning, I couldn't find my house key. It fell off the key ring the night before

I live in a pretty big complex, lots of apartments so I think to myself, "you can leave the door unlocked, what are the chances"

I also have a Siberian Husky that I leave out all day.

Come home from work and find her collar severed.

Doesn't look like it has been chewed (but not ruling it out)

Nothing in the apartment is touched. Nothing is out of place.

I tried pulling the collar apart, no dice.

I cut another part with scissors, looks a little cleaner.

Seriously anons what is going on?

Pic related, I will upload more.
>>
File: IMG_0457.jpg (871KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0457.jpg
871KB, 1280x1280px
>>2047220
>>
>>2047220
I hope you weren't that attached OP, someone stole your expensive-ass dog to sell for crack money. Check shelters in your area, but be prepared to never see that dog again because some nigga clearly cut that collar off.
>>
>>2047228
Dog is still here. Everything is untouched. Nothing out of place.
>>
>>2047229
It's definitely been cut. A warning, maybe? Did you piss off a crack dealer or is your dog loud?
>>
>>2047235
nope, she never barks... I keep to myself for the most part. Don't know why anyone would want to "warn me"
>>
>>2047240
Anything your dog could get caught on? It HAS been cut, though. There's no way a dog could do that.
>>
>>2047220
collar is cut. a warning
>>
my dog is a min pin.. he went through a chewing through nylon phase and he would make it look clean cut

i saw him do it, he'd get his back teeth aligned just so and gnaw on it obsessively like a dull scissor

he chewed up a collars and a soft sided carrier
>>
>>2047250
Honestly, her chewing through it is the most reasonable explanation.

Someone coming in my house and cutting my dogs collar and just leaving means I really really pissed someone off...thats pretty hardcore and i really don't think i am even worth that kind of attention.
>>
>>2047253
it's indeed a creep coincidence but i'm tempted to say she chewed it.. if they start a nick in one side, getting through to the other side is pretty easy in comparison.. possible she slipped it off part way and got it stuck in her mouth and she just gnawed away at it

i don't leave a collar on at home anymore.. i've seen to many weird shits happen.. one time my dog and my friend's were roughhousing and one dog got it's tooth stuck in the chain of the other's :\
>>
>>2047220
This is not the first time I have seen this. I had a dog that would do the same thing to his nylon collars till I put a leather one on then you could really see the teeth marks in it then there was no doubt.
>>
>>2047220
definitely cut. a chewed collar would be far rougher, more frayed, and not as straight.

how or why it was cut i have no idea...but it was
>>
>>2047267
So you have seen dogs chew this cleanly through their collars before?
>>
>>2047268
You can see a few bite marks on the reflective piece that are not really consistent with the rest of the collar.

It wasn't done with scissors, I cut another piece with scissors to compare how it looked and it was way too clean.

I think a knife would have a much more obvious direction that it was cut.

She could have gotten stuck in her mouth (like another anon said) and because it wasnt loose enough to wiggle around, she just gnawed on a singlar spot until she was was through.

I dunno... I would rest a lot easier if I heard another anon they have seen this exact same thing before.
>>
>>2047282
I still have a really hard time believing a dog did this.
>>
i googled it out of curiosity and the one picture i could find of a dog that had chewed its collar through the middle like that (e.g. not on a plastic buckle) also looked like a remarkably clean cut

and looking at >>2047223 this picture it does seem like there's enough damage to not just be a knife cut

hey, why don't you take the collar and cut through it yourself to see if the damage looks similar? i wonder if cutting it with scissors or a knife would leave it less frayed
>>
>>2047314
>>2047282
TOTALLY missed that you said you tried cutting it yourself, my mistake.

i think it was your dog and you don't have anything to worry about.
>>
File: Weird Comparison.jpg (1MB, 920x2000px) Image search: [Google]
Weird Comparison.jpg
1MB, 920x2000px
>>2047318
>>
>>2047338
the original and serrated versions aren't too far off. plus, a knife that isn't all that sharp would make the cut not as clean.
>>
It looks like a knife cut, but dogs can be strange.

I had my husky/gsd mutt chew a perfect square into a bed sheet once, so who knows?
>>
>>2047338
That's a cut with a knife. Dogs can bite through collars, even pretty smooth, but not that well
>>
I wish I had a picture of my dogs old harness and collars before I stopped leaving them on her. She would some how manage to chew them off every time. And it looked pretty damn similar. She can scissor rather cleanly through any rope toys I get her as well.

It depends on how loose your dogs collar was but my guess is that it did it itself.
>>
>>2047220
install a camera in your yard. this is a threat
>>
>>2047655
Even:
Install a big, fake-but-still-real-looking camera.
And a smaller real one.
>>
>>2047280
Seen him do it no but there was no fucking way that someone walked into my house and cut not one but 3 collars off my dog without there being blood from bite wounds and its funny that the leather collar was chewed on but not all the way through. I was a wide collar
>>
Siberian huskies have a "scissor bite" so it's most likely clean chew through, rather than a cut.
>>
Aren't Siberian huskys expensive? Maybe they want your dog
>>
>>2048248
They would have taken the dog then taken off the collar dumbass
>>
File: 1433235756620.gif (763KB, 450x255px) Image search: [Google]
1433235756620.gif
763KB, 450x255px
>>2047220
dunno op just make sure to lock up and use a chain collar maybe next time you dont want the husky to ingest that shit. or leave a camera that takes video of your apartment
other than that sounds 2spooky4me
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.