[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: 1453682799813.png (1MB, 900x1196px) Image search: [Google]
1453682799813.png
1MB, 900x1196px
>British documentary
>Here, in the jungles of Bhata-Tuthu, the praying mantis is in search of its prey.
>3 minutes of very clean and uninterrupted footage of the praying mantis following a spider

>American documentary
>Guitar riffs in the backround
>YOU PROBABLY WOULDNT WANT ONE OF THESE KILLERS IN YOUR BACK YARD
>Rapid jump cuts of the praying mantis
>THE PRAYING MANTIS MIGHT LOOK LIKE A BUG IN CHURCH, BUT THIS NASTY MOTHER-SUCKER IS NOT TO BE MESSED WITH
>More flashy jump cuts
>THIS LITTLE SPIDER DOESNT KNOW WHATS WAITING FOR HIM, THE FURY OF THE MANTIS IS NOT TO BE UNDERESTIMATED
>More flashy jump cuts
>The mantis strikes
>Strange animal growling and screeching noises are dubbed in as it attacks because silent footage is too boring for americans
>Slow mo replay of the attack in black and white
>AND ITS OVER IN A FLASH
>THAT LITTLE SPIDER
>SHOULD'VE PRAYED
>TO THE MANTIS
>Starwipe to next clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dsp9bMQz7lc
>>
Yes yes, this was very funny the last 6 times it was posted on /tv/
>>
>>2045489

>comparing documentaties to top 20 deadliest, shows.
>>
Who else remembers The Most Extreme?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNdaHulczI4

Shit was so damn good.
>>
>>2045505
Good shit nigga. Used to watch that all the damn time with the senpai
>>
File: 1435204446649-1.gif (950KB, 701x388px) Image search: [Google]
1435204446649-1.gif
950KB, 701x388px
>>2045489
Hilarous
>>
lol I remember watching this and being baffled at all the added in sounds.

There are some good American documentaries if that is what you wanted to compare. I wouldn't really call "Monster bug wars" a documentary really anyway it's more made for commercial tv.
>>
>>2045489
monster bug wars is a shit show. i honestly don't know who watches it.
>>
>>2045489
That video would have been more interesting if they didn't feel the need to edit in "voices" for each bug
>>
File: 20160125_175350.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160125_175350.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I was de-egging my swan plants from monarch eggs today (they're just new and i want them to grow big) and i found this little guy on one of them. He's decided thats his new home it seems. He's not even 3cm long. So teeeny.

Not sure what to do about it. Its kind of in the way.
>>
>>2045638
What? No way. The monster bug voices had me giggling. It's 1:18 in the morning and I have to be up at 6:00 for work, but I still want to stay up to watch this
>>
>>2045809
In the way of what? But if it really interferes with your work, you could always just put it on another plant or even take it into your home in a small critter keeper or the like. If that's allowed were you live, of course.
>>
>>2045489
>>YOU PROBABLY WOULDNT WANT ONE OF THESE KILLERS IN YOUR BACK YARD
Damn, I read this in the narrator's voice.
>>
>>2045849
Well every day i have to remove eggs or they wiĺl hatch and decimate the plants. And if ges there i will worry about getting him in my hair or kiĺing him.
>was actually going to spray pesticide onthe plants today
>>
>>2045864
Huh, okay. I don't think it would jump in your hair though, just try putting a little container over it and put your hand under it or a sheet of paper and carry it to the next bush you can find, that won't be sprayed.
>>
File: Full Dubs.jpg (17KB, 242x200px) Image search: [Google]
Full Dubs.jpg
17KB, 242x200px
>>2045505
This shit was my fucking jam

>>2045566
Checked
>>
>>2045489
PBS documentaries are nothing like that. NOVA stuff is fantastic.
>>
>>2048073
The Living Edens was a really good series though a bit dated now.
>>
This is kinda relevant so I might as well ask

Where can I find video documentaries about bees and their habits? Not stuff like OP's bottom example or forced interaction with other insects (eg 10 HORNETS VS 100 HONEYBEES GOD DAMN) but just chill info on them

Bees and ants fascinate me to no end
>>
Extreme kek
>>
File: 1452970071401.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452970071401.gif
2MB, 300x300px
Basically americans are like severely retarded ADHD kids, they can't ignore the pretty colored flashing lights, rapid and sudden camera movements and overly EPIC commentary
>don't move from your TV! Next is EXTREME ACCOUNTANTS! watch the AWESOME white FUCKING collars doing the most INSANE things with INCREDIBLE data sheets! In today's episode: Josh is plowing through a BRUTAL form at AMAZING SPEED, but he can't be prepared for the CATASTROPHE around the corner: the office has RUN OUT OF PEN CAPS! The whole staff is SHOCKED AND IN TATTERS!
>>
>>2049099
Okay.
>>
>>2049099
You're retarded. American TV doesn't make boring things extreme. It makes things into sitcoms, or just films idiots being stupid
>>
>>2045489
Buggin' with ruud is a pretty good american based programme. But I do agree. Seems they need to cater to a shorter attention span. It is hilarious when they add sound effects like sceeching to bugs.
>>
>>2049099
It's more that it's targeted at actual children instead of autistic adults. That's the sort of shit that you watch in fifth grade science class so the teacher can say, "See? I told you insects are cool."
>>
File: 1409380797505.gif (3MB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
1409380797505.gif
3MB, 450x338px
>>2049099
eh, id watch it
>>
File: image.gif (397KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
397KB, 150x150px
>>2051777
FUCKING this. Think of this like watching Bill Nye vs something like nova's older programs
http://youtu.be/DYOyW88LFVU

The idea is make younger audiences more interested in educational programming, which more important than older ones. So it makes plenty of sense... At least the The initial idea. And it works in some sense, a lot of us still are right now having remembila about some eductional shows we watched as kids, a few where parts or used parts of documentaries.
>>
>>2045489
>Australian documentary
>"oy look at that mantis over there. Ain't he a beauty?"
>"watch the mantis eat that spider. Just bit the fucker's head clean off. Spiders don't wanna fuck with this cunt."
>"now let's see what happens if I tickle the mantis on his balls."
>the man molests the mantis.
>"crikey, that mantis is real pissed off now."
>the mantis bites the man, kills him.
>>
File: 1451354177812.gif (866KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
1451354177812.gif
866KB, 352x224px
>>2045489
>MONSTER BUG WARS
Why the fuck did they give the bugs animal noises??
ugh.
>>
>>2053350
Nah mate,
he needs to say "cunt" more, and offer it some petrol.
>>
>>2045489
At least they are better than Australian documentaries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCzqq7EeqU8
>>
>>2045489
>>
>>2045496
>>2051777
>>2053349
/thread
But hey, feel free to continue bashing Americans if you feel like it. Seems to bring some unity to people from the rest of the world, like one huge circle jerk.
>>
>>2054392
You run the world, so it's only fair. Besides if the Chinese get in power I don't think there will be much room for banter anymore. Might as well enjoy this mutual contempt (gun crazy yanks vs Euros who can't get any serious decisions done).
>>
>>2045489
I remember watching one such documentary on satellite when i was young and it featured a kind of duelling spider, with dubbed over sword noises, and for a while i thought how cool it was that with advanced american microphones we found out that spider fangs make sword noises.
Fucking american documentaries.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.