[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/, my dog has been licking his paws more than usual the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1908x2046px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1908x2046px
Hey /an/, my dog has been licking his paws more than usual the last couple of days.

I came home from my classes today and saw this. He's only done that with one of his hind legs.

Does anybody know what the fuck he's doing, is this serious, and how I can potentially keep this from happening?
>>
>>2043532
V E T
E
T
>>
Looks infected

>>2043534
>>
Your dog must be very uncomfortable to do that to himself.

Vet ASAP.
>>
>>2043532
its probably a sprained ankle. nothing you can do but put a cone on him. vet will gladly take your money and give the dog pain pills and a cone.
>>
>>2043594
A sprain would be awoken at the joint.
Ops pic shows no signes of swelling.
>>
>>2043600
*swolen at the joint.
>>
My dog did that pretty recently. I thought it was allergies or a hotspot due to stress as our house had been filled with people for the holidays.

Took him to the vet. Vet said it was likely something with his pinky toe since his toe was tender and the whole area he'd been licking was a little swollen. However, since he wasn't limping, she said it wasn't worth it to x-ray his foot, especially since a pinky toe is difficult to x-ray as it is. It may have been a fracture or a sprain and she said it shouldn't cause any problems unless there's a little bone fragment floating around.

Like >>2043594 said, the vet gave me pain pills and a cone, and she also gave me an antibiotic to keep the raw area where he'd licked from getting infected. He took the antibiotic for 5 days and the pain pills for 7, and he slowly started leaving his foot alone. The hair isn't grown back all the way yet, but it's not noticeable now.

My point is that it could be anything, which is why you need to take it to the vet. I thought he had a hotspot or allergies, and it turned out to be something totally different.

THAT BEING SAID, if he isn't limping around, and he's licking ALL his paws instead of just one, it IS likely allergies or a hotspot. You should still go to the vet, because then he can be treated properly. OTC topical stuff for pets is generally useless.
>>
>>2043600
>>2043603
lol ok vet. get lost kid.
>>
>>2043594
>its probably a sprained ankle.
>Ignores the red tumor like bump on the paw
>>
>>2043532
VET
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.