[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys just found a photo of this cat: can someone tell me

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

hey guys
just found a photo of this cat:

can someone tell me tha race of this cat?
>>
a filthy muttt.
>>
>>2042300
go back to /b/
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 1236x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 1236x768px
>>
Looks like a kitty cat to me.
>>
hispanic
>>
>>2042299
i meant breed sry
>>
>>2042321
none.

if you ask what breed it has, it doesn´t have one.
>>
>>2042299
>>2042311
First of all, with a cat or any domesticated animal, it would be called a breed, not a race. Second of all, that's just what would be called a domestic.

Unless you're into cat breeding or go to cat shows, or know somebody who is into that kinda thing, then like 99% of the cats you see are just called domestics. It's just a plain old cat, no specific breed.

This is just one reason why /an/ needs a sticky.
>>
>>2042312
I can imagine some dumb retard making this chart for dogs too

as if having papers is the only way to prove something...if it quacks like a duck, swims like a duck...
>>
>>2042299

It's part of the photo shopped breed. A rare and unusual breed.
>>
That's a pokemon.
>>
>>2042329
cat breeds aren't like dog breeds
>>
Many cats can have odd eyes. Look at the Wikipedia page.

Also the image has heavy HDR filter so it's not realistic.
>>
File: Turkish_Van_Cat.jpg (2MB, 1268x1392px) Image search: [Google]
Turkish_Van_Cat.jpg
2MB, 1268x1392px
Its>>2042321
It's a Turkish Angora or a Turkish Van breed.
>>
>>2042639
>google Turkish Angora

Oh god, I want one so bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (64KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64KB, 1280x720px
race is a social construct you bigot
>>
>>2042669
I have a Turkish Angora. I've never had a more affectionate animal.
>>
>>2042427
I don't really get that logic. If someone buy a purebred ragdoll from a breeder then it ends up in a shelter, does it stop being that ragdoll? You'd need DNA tests to be sure it's purebred but it's a valid (though annoying) question.
>>
File: image.jpg (46KB, 456x388px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46KB, 456x388px
>>2042669
>>2042639

That is not a Turkidh Angora.
Pic related is an actual TA.

>>2042720
Pics or it didn't happen.
>>
>>2042785
That image is just a reaction to how popular it is for people to ask for something that can't be proven.

As to why established cat breeds aren't comparable to established dog breeds, I don't know. I can see that clearly there is more variation in dog breeds.
>>
There is only one race, the cat race.
>>
>>2042785
>does it stop being that ragdoll?
yeah unless the shelter got the papers with it.
> You'd need DNA tests to be sure it's purebred
that isn't how it works in cats.

they're either pure bred with paperwork or they're mutts.

no paperwork means no breed, doesn't matter if it's lost in whatever freak accident.
>>2042790
dogs can be DNA tested, that doesn't really work for cats.
>>
>>2042834
>they're either pure bred with paperwork or they're mutts.

To be fair you still often see people saying "Lab mix" or "siamese" even when they don't have papers, and there's nothing strictly wrong with that.

Of course it's more accurate with cats to say domestic short hair dilute point or whatever, but nobody's going to get that detailed when you could just say "I think he's part siamese!" because nobody irl cares.

OP, the cat is a Domestic Longhair, probably not a purebred, looks white and grey, probably photoshopped eyes though many breeds have a tendency to have odd eyes, for example the japanese bobtail. Search 'cat odd eyes' for more photos of this if that's what you're looking for.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-21-12-25-20.png (1MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-21-12-25-20.png
1MB, 1440x2560px
>>2042787
Why is everyone on here so skeptical.
>>
>>2042869
>and there's nothing strictly wrong with that.
yeah it is, it's illegal.

you're not allowed to marked products as things they aren't in the first world.
>>
>>2042891
Because the cat in the OP looks nothing like an actual Turkish Angora.
>>
>>2042899
Turkish Van was also mentioned, the markings do seem to match which doesn't really mean anything, but it's a better guess than Angora.
>>
>>2042899
All of the cats in the google image search are clearly prize winning cats that are perfectly groomed and deliberately set on display with customized backgrounds to show off their best traits via contrast.

While the cat in OP's pic is clearly an outside cat that hasn't been brushed lately and is covered in dirt.

Of course there is going to be a difference. Just like a white poodle would look nothing like a pedigree poodle in pictures if it's fur wasn't properly groomed and it was covered in filth.
>>
>>2042904
I mean the facial structure and coat, not the fact that one is clean and one is dirty.
>>
>>2042904
do you not have eyes? These two cats share no features whatsoever aside from white fur and odd eyes, none of which are specific to a particular breed.
>>
>>2042893

I don't think it's illegal to hold up an iphone and say "hey everybody, check out my samsung galaxy!"

Nobody is trying to sell anything you autist.
>>
File: Stunning_White_Maine_Coon.jpg (213KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Stunning_White_Maine_Coon.jpg
213KB, 640x480px
>>2043064

I agree with this. I'd sooner believe it had some maine coon before believing it was a turkish anything. That's my best guess if we need a label for the mix, but even then it's hardly relevant in this case.

Obviously determining possible breeds in a mix can be useful for things like temperament, noise, and size etc but it doesn't really matter here. OP might want to know because he wants to get one and whatever this cat is it's one of a kind, and no "it might be maybe a little bit beagle" is going to help him with that.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.