[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just realized that nuggets are the veal of poultry. If you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 201508_1205_agcea_sm.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
201508_1205_agcea_sm.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Just realized that nuggets are the veal of poultry.

If you abstain from veal but not the nug of chicken, then you are inconsistent/dishonest about your views. (Disclaimer: I know that the logical end of this entire argument is to abstain from meat period, but I'm just interested in this one point about why people choose to abstain from just one instance of baby animals made into food and not all)

Discuss.
>>
dude what
>>
>>2041381
Basically, if you don't eat veal because it's a cruel product on the basis of the meat coming from a calf, then wouldn't you also think chicken nuggets are cruel because they're made from chicks? Seems like people make the distinction more about veal and not chicken nuggets despite the products being similar in their origin.
>>
>>2041388
>Seems like people make the distinction more about veal and not chicken nuggets despite the products being similar in their origin
Show me an example.
>>
>>2041409
no example besides my anecdotal observation from my life m8. Ppl generally being opposed to veal but not chicken nugs. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>2041409
oh u mean the example of the origin? Just google "male chicks".
>>
File: youwut.jpg (47KB, 351x461px) Image search: [Google]
youwut.jpg
47KB, 351x461px
>>2041377
>>
dude weed lmao
>>
>>2041388
Nuggets aren't made of chicks, what the fuck are you talking about?
Even if they were, it wouldn't be comparable to the veal industry at all because the chicks were killed instantly and not tortured over a long period of time.
>>
>>2041388
What are you even talking about? People don't eat veal because its simply not as common as beef. Same reason they eat lamb but not mutton, its just less common. I have never met someone who objects to it.

Also nuggets are not specifically made from chicks, where did you get that idea?
>>
but fuck chicken nug nugs
>>
It isn't made from chicks. This isn't a welfare issue, picking shreds of meat off tiny chick corpses simply isn't profitable when factory farming makes it extremely fast and cheap to raise chickens to adulthood and maximise the meat output. Unwanted male chicks are typically ground up for fertiliser or go for animal feed, which doesn't require fiddly processing of tiny carcasses to get them fit for human consumption. They're just not worth it when chicken is so cheap to rear anyway.

However, ethically reared veal (rose veal and the like) is older at slaughter than the majority of adult chickens, pigs and lambs, even if it's physically immature while they are full adults. So I guess that is an argument if people are simply opposed to killing animals so young- they have longer lives than the majority of slaughtered animals.
>>
>>2041377

But anon, I don't like the taste of veal. I could care less about the cruelty that goes into it. The taste just grosses me out. But fuck yeah, now I want chicken nuggies for lunch.
>>
>>2041377
i have no problem with either. go away
>>
>>2041970
>>2041952

It's on petas website dipshit.
>>
File: image.png (93KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
93KB, 1198x1200px
>>2041377
>>
>>2041377
Well, technically speaking, most commercial chicken comes from very young birds that have been GMO'd into maturing early, which does fuck up a lot of shit with their health; it's legitimately ethically questionable, all b8 aside. The poultry industry in general is the most inhumane because nobody gives a shit about them because they're not cute like the baby cows in PETA ads.
>>
>>2042062

..Are you talking about those cutesy cartoons of fluffy, big-eyed little chickies saying 'I am not a nugget'? Do you really need someone to tell you that PETA use shock tactics all the time? Of course they're printing merchandise with a fluffy yellow chick on it rather than a six week old grotesquely fat broiler chicken because people feel worse for the sappy big-eyed chick. Broilers are young at slaughter and not yet sexually mature, but they're not considered babies either.

There's certainly a lot to question about the broiler chicken industry, but even if the slaughtered chickens were considered chicks (which they're not), how does that make it lots sadder than if they lived an extra two weeks and were slaughtered as technical adults? The issue is welfare, not longevity. People don't like veal because in the 90s, there were some very public campaigns against the conditions that veal calves were raised in - isolated, crated and deliberately fed a diet that left them anaemic so their flesh remained white. It wasn't based solely around the fact that they're babies and that makes it so sad.
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 625x626px
>>2042119
>>2042050
>>2042010
>>2041970
>>2041952
How fucking mentally damaged do you have to be to take this bait? The autistic cunts who actually respond to this garbage are so much more painful than the actual bait.
>>
>>2041377
I fucking love veal, though.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.