[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you euthanize a dog at home? Can it be done painlessly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: 1447698260633.jpg (22KB, 604x440px) Image search: [Google]
1447698260633.jpg
22KB, 604x440px
How do you euthanize a dog at home? Can it be done painlessly while also leaving no evidence? My grandmother's shih tzu is blind, deaf, and senile but my aunt and grandmother refuse to do anything about it. They have avoidance issues and it's causing the dog to suffer. The thing is 17 years old and sits around groaning and barking all day. It has been mentally gone for as long as I can remember. The other day it ran through the banister and fell a story and a half onto the stairs and just sat there afterwards. Didn't even react to it. It's awful seeing an animal live like this when it's owners are too childish and afraid to do what's right.

Has anyone had to do this? Are there any reliable methods?
>>
>>2039162

Are you ok with becoming a serial killer in 10 years?
>>
Well, could you have it put down and say it "ran off" ?
>>
Somehow masking it as death from old age.

Is it really impossible to talk about it? Because you know that if they find out it's going to cause strife. But I guess it there isn't any strife to be had when you aren't on speaking terms to begin with.
>>
>>2039167

It disappearing forever would be more traumatizing than it just dying. They won't be upset if she dies naturally. They just don't want its life on their hands I guess.

>>2039169

There is no way they would find out. It wouldn't even be suspicious since the dog has been at the precipice for over a year now. But what can I feed it? Nothing I've found seems reliable. Chances of comas, intestinal failure, seizures, etc.
>>
File: Attach24139_20160116_004625.jpg (87KB, 1196x676px) Image search: [Google]
Attach24139_20160116_004625.jpg
87KB, 1196x676px
>>2039164
>>
Seems like its trying to kill itself OP
>>
>>2039173
Stick it in a plastic bag and walk out of the room and try not to freak out. It will be over soon and put the dog in a spot where it usually sleeps so it looks like it died in its sleep.
>>
>>2039192

Well my grandmom is housebound so that might be a little too conspicuous. No real chance to do it. Also mean as hell. I'd prefer to just shoot it but that's not really an option.
>>
File: TinkerbellDeath.jpg (22KB, 534x402px) Image search: [Google]
TinkerbellDeath.jpg
22KB, 534x402px
>>2039174

Sorry, carry on with your secret pet killing.
>>
File: 1451791501374.jpg (486KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1451791501374.jpg
486KB, 1080x1920px
>>2039199

It's okay. I will try.
>>
If they refuse to do anything about it, have you volunteered doing it yourself?
>>
File: 1452875455109.jpg (90KB, 716x960px) Image search: [Google]
1452875455109.jpg
90KB, 716x960px
>>2039216

Of course. I tried to talk to my aunt earlier today and she just starts her "nope no NO NO NO NO LALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU" bullshit. I've always thought home euthanasia was the right thing to do anyway. I try to explain that it's better than taking it to a terrifying and strange place where they can smell sick and dead dogs but they won't listen to that either. Basically a natural death is all they're willing to let happen.
>>
>>2039192
do you think the dog won't freak out and cause a ruckus?

Can op just get it euthanized somewhere and bring the body back home and place it in the dog bed? Being blind, deaf and senile isn't as painful as suffocating in a plastic bag or dying via poisoning
>>
>>2039218
>I try to explain that it's better than taking it to a terrifying and strange place where they can smell sick and dead dogs
it's not better if you don't euthanize them humanely, which you likely can't

contact a vet who does house call euthanasia. yes, they exist.
>>
>>2039162
>shih tzu is blind, deaf, and senile
Mentally gone doesn't sound bad enough to euthanize. imo, it takes physical pain to make it the obviously right decision.
>>
>>2039345
>shih tzu is blind, deaf, and senile
>thinking is this living
I hope someone euthanizes me if I get there.
>>
File: 1451708121422.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1451708121422.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
>>2039218
>mfw this picture
>>
>>2039162
Blind AND deaf? I'd rather kill myself, personally. Your life is just touch and smell at that point.
>>
just covertly feed it some chocolate

it's so old it'll probably go into cardiac arrest as soon as it digests it

and there's no way anyone will know, cuz who's going to do an autopsy on some random 17 year old dog
>>
Dissolve 2 pills of NoDoze in its water bowl.
>>
>>2039162
Hold a pillow over its head while it sleeps.
Cousin had to do it after one of their dogs got pummelled by a heard of cows.
>>
>>2040334
Herd.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.