[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 99

File: Manx 1.jpg (17KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Manx 1.jpg
17KB, 400x300px
Because there isn't a proper cat general thread on /an/ at the moment
>>
>>2038733
>>
why are cats so gross?

and why do cat people say they're clean when they are no clean at all?
>>
>>2038740
We can keep this going forever
>>
File: lmao.jpg (235KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
235KB, 2048x1536px
>>2038726
hey /an/, whats wrong wtih my kot?
she really likes to sleep in this absolutely weird position with eyes open, I find it fucking ridiculous
>>
File: cats.png (1MB, 1906x998px) Image search: [Google]
cats.png
1MB, 1906x998px
>>2038733
>70 cats threads.
I see that 74's not only the number of times "cat" appears in the catalog but also your IQ.
>>
>>2038752
this is normal. she is relaxed.
>>
I am thinking of getting a ragdoll. Do they require a lot of grooming?
>>
File: images-2.jpg (6KB, 188x188px) Image search: [Google]
images-2.jpg
6KB, 188x188px
Here's a scardy cat LOL.
>>
My mom's cat has a bell on its collar. How bad is this? Should I look for an opportunity to remove the bell?
>>
File: best bed.jpg (94KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
best bed.jpg
94KB, 960x960px
>>2039388
Somewhat. They shed like a motherfucker, but they don't really get knots. So you could leave them be and deal with fur on fucking everything, or you could comb them every few days and deal with regular amounts of fur on things for a cat owner. They're super soft and loving and I definitely recommend them though.

Pic related, one of my Ragdolls.
>>
>>2040135
It's fine. If it annoys the cat they will learn to walk without it making noise pretty fast. Bells are a really poor way of making a cat noticeable.
>>
>>2040135
Not bad at all. Vast majority of cats don't give a shit.
>>
File: CAM00341.jpg (289KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00341.jpg
289KB, 2048x1536px
Guys, I have to put my cat up for adoption in the next two months. I'm trying to contact my local Milo foundation because I feel like they invest a little more into where the cats go.

This is him, he's about 7 months old, not neutered yet and has not had a leukemia test yet-I plan on getting these both done in the next 2 months.

I'm on my phone, do I'll make a second post after this.
>>
>>2041617
I live in California, mendocino county. My email is [email protected]

He is a REALLY calm and friendly cat, wants to be in your lap constantly, loves belly rubs. He's harness trained and does pretty well outside. He's never freaked out at the vets except for some mild growling and hissing when he got a shot, but he's never attempted to scratch or bite.

He loves paper balls, boxes, lazor light, but isn't much of a hand/foot player. He will play a bit if you really try, but he would much prefer a toy.

I think he would be awesome as a family pet with older kids, or someone who might need a therapy animal. Whatever home he goes to I just want to make sure of a few things-

-That they DO NOT declaw him or let him outside without the harness

-That they don't have dogs that chase small animals and have very good recall, and that they don't leave the dogs in the same room as the cats when gone for long periods of time.

-That they will take him on walks with the harness at least every few days-he's really friendly and wants to be petted by anyone passing by.

-That they will love him as best they can and make sure he gets whatever vet attention he may need.

I'm still going to contact Milo as well, but I didn't think it would hurt to get word out about him. I'm giving a good cat carrier away with him, his harness and leash, and a good couple cases of alright wet food and dry to make sure he develops well while he's still growing. I would prefer whoever gets him keeps him on a good diet, but if they want to switch him to something else when his food runs out that's fine. I will also get all his vet records.

If anyone on here might be interested in adopting him, email me so we can talk further. I am going to want some proof that you have a good home (pictures would be fine, and I want to meet you IRL at least once). I am going to be fostering him for a few more months, but once I give him to Milo or a similer foundation he's out of my hands :(
>>
File: CAM00004.jpg (482KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00004.jpg
482KB, 2048x1536px
>>2041617
More pics of him.
>>
File: CAM00338.jpg (279KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00338.jpg
279KB, 2048x1536px
>>2041628
>>
>>2041617
Good luck getting Milo a great new home anon. He seems very well cared for and I wish all the best. I would adopt him, but I live in Texas :(
>>
>>2041712
Thank you. His names Luke by the way, Milo is The Milo Foundation lol.
>>
>>2040135
I de-bell cats whenever I see them.
>>
File: shocked-unhappy-dog.jpg (17KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
shocked-unhappy-dog.jpg
17KB, 512x384px
>>2041862
>>
File: garfield.png (190KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
garfield.png
190KB, 540x482px
>>2038726
I guess this is as good a place as any to ask...

My cat has an eye infection and I took him to the vet. They gave me some ointment to put around is eyelids to help it heal, but the ointment has been bothering him and he's been rubbing his eyes with his paws.
I work so I can't keep an eye on him all day and he has started to rub a small bald spot above his eye from rubbing it so much. They didn't give me an e-collar or anything and I'm starting to worry he's gonna hurt his eye.

Any suggestions on what I can do to get him to stop rubbing it?
>>
>>2038733
>cat lover
>too lazy for a real pet
>too lazy to check catalog

Color me surprised
>>
>>2041862
Fuck you piece of shit, that bell there is to protect local wildlife
>>
>>2041628
how did you find him?
i only remember pics in which he was a gorgeous kitten.
Such a pity you have to give him away.

are you still here erebus bro?
>>
can anyone tell me what race this is ?

>>2042299
>>
>>2042295
I too wish to see Mr. Erebus.

Long story short, he was crying outside our apartment for like 20 minutes until I went outside and started looking. I called a bit, and he came running out from under a truck and literally climbed up my leg to get to my shoulder and purr and rub on me. I tried really hard not to get attached, but my roommate ended up being ok with us keeping him so ya...I know if freakin sucks, but honestly with how attached this cat is to people and how little I'm going to be home because of work, even if I could have him here I would feel bad about it. My fiance is also really worried that he's going to forget and leave the door open and he'll get out :(
>>
>>2042282

The bells don't work anyway.
>>
>>2042311
Domestic longhair (or mutt cat).

If you want to know what his color pattern is, there are lots of picture guides on google, and he looks like he has some weird pigmentation going on with his eyes, but I wouldn't relate that to any specific breed, that's just a cool mutation in his genes.
>>
File: 20160120_202749.jpg (1MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160120_202749.jpg
1MB, 4128x2322px
I just adopted two naughty 7-8 week old kittens. They are very playful and cheeky and only come for cuddles once totally worn out of playing. The silver fawn is Elphaba she's the friendlier one of the two and can pine for attention even when she seems to want nothing but you to see what she's climbed and the silver tabby is Glinda she's snooty smart sister who is the leader behind any mischief. Any advice on kittens? I work a full time job but want to give them the best care possible. I work kind of close by so I visit briefly on my lunch break to give them lunch.
>>
>>2042700
https://www.petfinder.com/cats/cat-care/kitten-care-must-know-tips-for-raising-kittens/

http://catinfo.org/

Second link is still somewhat debatable, and I would talk to a few different vets that have a good degree in nutrition on it.
>>
Hey /cat/, do you free feed your cats? Why or why not?
>>
>>2042734
I free feed dry and timed feed wet. It's a convenience thing. The cats drive everyone crazy if food isn't available, even when they aren't hungry. My cats don't actually eat that much, but if it becomes a problem and they start gaining weight, it'll force my hand.
>>
>>2042700
Those kittens appear to be blue tabbies, not "silver fawn" and "silver tabby".
>>
>>2042789
I don't know, they have different colouring and thats what the vet wrote on their papers.
>>
>>2042943
You might want to find a better vet.
>>
My cat hates getting brushed. She cries and gets distressed. She's a long haired ragdoll so she needs it, and I brush her very softly, careful not to painfully tug knots or anything but still, she hates it. Any tips on how to make her more comfortable and happy?
>>
>>2043005
Wait until she is already calm and happy, like when she is laying in your lap. Brush just until you think your cat us annoyed- then stop.
This will teach your cat that brushing isn't bad and it's over soon.
Keep it up and you will be able to brush the cat for longer and longer periods.
>>
Anybody here owned a savannah cat?
From what I've read and seen they seem too good to be true despite their high price and the fact that it's illegal to own them in my country.
>>
>>2043049
>>2043049
>>2043049
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
I need some advice on how to get my German shorthair puppy and my 4ish year old cat to get a long. What happens is the cat is totally chill around the puppy, but the puppy is very interested and nervous around the cat. At first she wanted to chase the kitty, but got swatted by the cat(no claws, he's very good at not using his claws) The puppy's still interested with the cat even though she's been swatted a couple of times. How do I get her to relax around the kitty? I haven't started obedience training as I've had her first for 3 days, I've just taught her to go to her kennel when she's tired. The cat is a very outgoing outdoors cat, he has a doggy friend that he rubs up against whenever it walks by. Pic related, their weird little standoffs where the puppy is nervous but the cat isn't caring
>>
>>2040150
Normally my cat doesn't care but she walks real carefully when she is doing something she knows she is not supposed to.
>>
>>2043348
That's more of a dog question than a cat question. All I can really say is even without claws or teeth cats can do some significant damage with the force of their blows.
>>
Woke up this morning to the sound of glass shattering downstairs. Went down to investigate and found two suspects standing in the remnants of a shattered mason jar on the kitchen floor looking rather satisfied with themselves. The jar had been sitting by the sink with a bunch of pencils, twist-ties and bag clips in it before they knocked it over, so I got to go fishing and get about half of those out of the garbage disposal in the sink.
Just another day in the life of a cat owner, amirite?
>>
>>2043020
She like starts crying immediately though, as soon as she feels the brush? I'm kind of at a loss here - her fur gets awfully knotty if she doesn't get brushed. But it's awful to see her upset when I try and do it, and I hate trying to keep a pet on you when they want to leave.
>>
>>2043426
You are probably doing something that is painful or uncomfortable (unintentionally). I suggest contacting your breeder for more in depth info on grooming your cat.
>>
File: 2016-01-16 09.53.41.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-16 09.53.41.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
Babe, oldest Tom in the hood.
Cathing rays and laptime
>>
>>2043049
I've never seen much good with them. My experience is they are wild animals that don't like to be touched too much. They cause a lot of damage to house and people. Like to piss and shit in potted plants. It's like having a semi-feral cat that is easily overstimulated and likes to bite.

Also really should be an only pet. They can seriously hurt other cats if a scuffle happens, and they try very hard to get at animals in a cage/tank just for fun
>>
File: 1450000801034.jpg (151KB, 646x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1450000801034.jpg
151KB, 646x1024px
Does anyone know what breed Blini cat is?
>>
>>2041624
I live in Florida otherwise I would be interested. Does he get along with other cats?
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
>>2043049
We think our cat is part Savannah but we really don't have a clue. Very playful and acts more like a dog than a cat
>>
>>2043788
Looks like a regular brown tabby to me.
>>
>>2043788
>We think our cat is part Savannah
it's not
>but we really don't have a clue.
that's probably the best self description ever. You are thoroughly clueless. you would not know a clue if it came on your stupid faces.
>>
>>2043553
He's living with an older cat right now that's a bit of a grouch and doesn't like to play, so I imagine, since he's still young, he might get along pretty well if introduced right to a younger cat that likes to play. I know there are some shipping companies that specialize in animals, I might be able to pay for it if you might go halfway and pay for him being neutered? Also, he'll probably have to be groomed quite often, his fur is REALLY thick and fluffy. Florida weather might be a little hot for him.
>>
>>2043788
A cat without papers is always a domestic shorthair, there are virtually no exceptions to this.
>>
>>2043906
>always a domestic shorthair,
>virtually no exceptions
so you've never heard of a domestic long hair?
you're actually making people dumber when you speak.
>>
File: durrkitty.jpg (83KB, 560x444px) Image search: [Google]
durrkitty.jpg
83KB, 560x444px
>>2042240
Buy him a cone. They're fairly cheap.
>>
File: cg05.png (717KB, 1000x707px) Image search: [Google]
cg05.png
717KB, 1000x707px
Has anyone here developed, or know someone who developed, a cat allergy as an adult?

I raised a cat from a kitten when I was 10, I was always her primary caretaker and when I moved out I took her with me. 13 years later, I suddenly developed a severe cat allergy at age 23. I went to the doctor and they did tests to confirm it, I am extremely allergic to cats. Now my old cat is frail and she's getting to the point where she's sick and may die soon, and she has to live with my parents who don't care much for cats, I don't even get to be there for her twilight years.

I'm 25 now and I'm still allergic to cats. I've been feeling down lately and wishing I could take my cat back, and thinking about how she's gonna die alone and after she's gone I won't be able to raise any other cats ever again. Is there any hope for a cat allergy cure in the future?
>>
>>2043426
Treats dude. I had to give my cats oral and topical medicine for ringworm for a long time (worst time of my life) and bringing out a special treat that they don't get much made it soooo much easier. They still wouldn't love the medicine, but they'd tolerate it eventually. I imagine it could work the same for brushing and eventually you wouldn't have to use them.
>>
>>2044035
You had to give your cat medicine for worms? I took mine to the vet and got it a shot, that was that. Must have been a different worm type
>>
what breed of cat is this?
>>
>>2044089
A cat, it says it right there. Duh.

>>2041617
He looks beautiful. I'd be interested but I live in WA and also have three cats already. Why do you need to rehome him?
>>
>>2044032
Sphynx cats are pretty much hypoallergenic
>>
>>2044089

Not sure, but it reminds me of the Maine Coon I had years ago.
>>
>>2044111
I like fluffy cats. The only one that shows up in hypoallergenic cat searches with a decent amount of fur is the Siberian, but I can't tell if it's real or a marketing scam since the same breeder keeps posting in the comments sections trying to sell them. Anyway, none nearby for me to try and hold to see if it triggers my allergies or not.
>>
>>2044032
Ya, allergies are weird anon. I have allergies to cats and I just take an allergy pill every day. Here's a list of meds-
http://www.webmd.com/allergies/allergy-medicines

I use offbrand zyrtec that I get at the dollar store cause it's much cheaper and works better than the liquid zyrtec in Safeway. You could try a few out and see which one's work good for you, or you could work with your doctor to find a good one.

My allergies to cats didn't start popping up till I was 21, and my sister has had bad allergies to many things her whole life. Allergies are also known to randomly go away which is weird, but it can happen. Rare though.

Also, I kind of got used to my own cat after a while and while I still sneeze and itch a bit without my allergy meds, I get full out flu symptoms if I picked up a friends cat to love on if I haven't taken my allergy pills for a few days.
>>
File: image.jpg (36KB, 447x444px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 447x444px
cats are completely played out

old and busted

yawn boring

prove me wrong
>>
>>2044109
I'm asking all around, and I do live in CA so if you have a trustworthy friend, I would be willing to pay for an airport ride just to make sure he gets a good home.

We moved out of our apartment and I can't have a cat where I am living, and if I could, I'm working a job that requires me to be gone anywhere from a week to two weeks at a time, so my fiance is worried he might let him outside on accident-he's not good at closing the door.

Other thing is, we are expecting to be moving around again in the next six months to a year and I don't know how stable our job situation will be. We don't have good credit built up yet, and we have one dog. Not only am I worried about moving and bills, but I'm worried that if some emergency vet visits happen in the near future, I couldn't pay for both animals. We could cover the dog right now, but if something happened to the cat too, I would either have to surrender him or risk losing our home.

I knew something like this might happen when I first took him in, so that's why were still fostering him for a bit so I can have the time to find him a good home. Right now he's at my fiances moms house, but she doesn't want to keep him because her other cat is getting up there in years, and since he's a kitten and wants to play...well they get into scruffles and it worries her quite a lot. Plus, there's no way she could pay for a vet.
>>
>>2042943
Your vet is fine, anon is just basing what he's saying on a single picture. Very cute kitties, by the way
>>
File: 87857876.jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
87857876.jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
What's the best colored cat and why's it black and white?
>>
File: image.jpg (523KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
523KB, 1536x2048px
>>2044401
>What's the best colored cat and why's it tortoiseshell?

FTFY
>>
>>2044089
Siberian.
>>
>>2044559
Not even close.
>>
File: catZoomGroom-700x700.jpg (70KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
catZoomGroom-700x700.jpg
70KB, 700x700px
>>2043005
Change your brush. I recommend a rubber toothed zoom groom or similar. Haven't met a cat who can resist it.
>>
>>2044656
Is that a brush or a cat iron maiden.
>>
>>2044658
Ragdoll x Zoom Groom
Skip to halfway for brushing action.

https://youtu.be/acKEeFIr8Oo
>>
File: CAM00015.jpg (274KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00015.jpg
274KB, 1536x2048px
>>2041630
More pics of the fluff butt, just now taken.
>>
File: CAM00018.jpg (282KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
CAM00018.jpg
282KB, 1536x2048px
>>2044687
>>
>>2044687
He's a handsome guy, and I hope he gets a loving new home. If I didn't have two cats already (one of which is a 4 month old kitten) I'd consider taking him from you. Best of luck!
>>
>>2044692
I'm sure I'll find him a good home, I just don't want to give him to the local shelter because they don't really check out the homes their animals go to. Can't really blame them for that, I just don't want that happening to him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjM3P2CtQNk

So many fucking cats
>>
File: SDC10926.jpg (251KB, 1386x1040px) Image search: [Google]
SDC10926.jpg
251KB, 1386x1040px
Hey how do I get my cats to get along with each other? Got 3, two girls and a new boy, adopted back in October.

One of the girls freaks the fuck out when he tries to play, he's not putting his ears back or growling/poofing so I know he's just trying to play, but he's got big claws and can tear up the other cats without trying.

Do I get him declawed?

Everyone's fixed, I'm generally against declawing, the girls still have theirs.
>>
File: jacksonapril28200718.jpg (13KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
jacksonapril28200718.jpg
13KB, 320x240px
>>2044864
Don't declaw. Don't even think about it. It leads to health problems mainly early arthritis. Look for SoftPaws. They are nail caps for claws.
>picrelated
>>
File: DSC_1977_med.jpg (137KB, 979x768px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_1977_med.jpg
137KB, 979x768px
>>2043543
Slavcat
>>
>>2044864
Your other cats will get tired of his shit and put him in his place, just give them time and try not to interfere too much unless it really looks like they are drawing blood. Keep wounds clean, and if one cat is saying back off and the boy isn't listening, get on him with the squirt bottle and something loud, like rocks in a bottle.

Other things that may help is get him more excersise-paper balls, lazor light, harness walks outside, more boxes and toys, a few high shelfs that he can climb on. He wants to get that energy out. Also, it's not impossible to harness train a cat, look up a tutorial on youtube and remember that it should take you no less than a month of consistency unless he because comfortable with the harness early on.

I got my cat comfortable by making it very loose, waiting until he was hungry, then putting him in it while holding some wet food in front of him so he would walk a few steps and get rewarded with food. Do this for a few minutes every day.
>>
File: image.png (201KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
201KB, 500x281px
>>2044169
>>
>>2044912
Lol
>>
Is there any realistic way to make declawing illegal in the US? I'm guessing petitions have been done a lot, but in vain.
>>
File: 1438146886862.jpg (80KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1438146886862.jpg
80KB, 480x480px
>>2042734
No, because they nearly starved to death when they were kittens and as a result have an insane hunger drive. They probably wouldn't stop eating until they threw up, then would continue eating again when they were done.

>>2043538
That spotty nose...

>>2044433
>>What's the best colored cat and why's it white/orange?
Fucking plebs.
>>
>>2044864
When cats don't get along I usually rub them up against one another to get their scent on each other, like really rubbing them together. Usually works the first or second time form me.
>>
>>2045687
>Is there any realistic way to make declawing illegal in the US?
get cat claws protected under the 2nd amendment. The NRA will make sure nobody disarms a cat ever again.
>>
File: 1451367093430.jpg (101KB, 584x573px) Image search: [Google]
1451367093430.jpg
101KB, 584x573px
Has anyone here had any experience with feline epilepsy? My five year old female has been having them on and off for a good three or four years now without much of a pattern, except from them lasting for about two minutes tops.

I initially thought it was stress related what with living next to a busy road and with two males, one being two years older and vice versa but considering she has them even if she's just laying in her basket so I dismissed that. She's a bit fat too so I also considered diabetes but a blood test said otherwise, so I suppose it's just epilepsy at fault.

Feels really shitty not being able to do anything but try and hold her as gently as I can so she doesn't run into stuff, and for whatever reason my vet believes they aren't frequent enough to warrant medication when they occur anywhere between six to thirty weeks.
>>
File: 01.jpg (125KB, 700x466px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
125KB, 700x466px
>>2045693
>white/orange
>those pink noses
Seriously NO.
>>
File: image.jpg (752KB, 1875x2136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
752KB, 1875x2136px
>>
>>2047251
Lol this makes me laugh.
>>
File: IMGP2388.jpg (2MB, 2112x2816px) Image search: [Google]
IMGP2388.jpg
2MB, 2112x2816px
This is a cat in a basket.
>>
File: 0929151328.jpg (354KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
0929151328.jpg
354KB, 1280x960px
>>2044148
It's probably a scam, because my allergies get triggered by the presence of pic related, who I'm pretty sure is a Siberian
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 640x843px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 640x843px
My boiiiss
>>
File: onhn.jpg (205KB, 2072x1616px) Image search: [Google]
onhn.jpg
205KB, 2072x1616px
I need help deciding whether i should put my cat down or not . i feel he's improving. but he seems lethargic and barely responds to my call . he went into the vet three days ago with mouth ulcers (those are getting better) and severe dehydration.. bloodwork pointed out to kidney failure I dont really know how he's in that department but he seems to be the same except hydrated. and a little more tired vet says that my cat might not get better but i have hope except i dont really wanna keep him alive and have him die slowly and painfully . but i will continue to treat him at home if i can and syringe feed him and all i just want to ask if i should put him down or wait at least a week or more for him to get better?
>>
File: image.jpg (47KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 400x280px
>>2047504
That cat looks nothing like a Siberian.
Pic related are actual Siberians.
>>
>mfw scrolling thru a cat thread and I can't afford one because I am unemployed.
>>
How do I convince my dad to have the cat inside the house? We live in an old house and he just wants the cat to be outside. Only opens the door for him to eat.
I'd rather not have a cat than feed a street cat that might be run over or taken by anyone any day.
Also my dad is an old fuck that is slightly insane
>>
File: cade.jpg (43KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
cade.jpg
43KB, 720x540px
>>2038726
Here's my kitty.
>>
>>2047702
Have him placed in an institution.
>>
>>2047704
i dont hate him, maybe because he has always been this way. and also even if i really wanted him in an institution i would be economically fucked.
>>
File: DSCF7569.jpg (3MB, 3000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7569.jpg
3MB, 3000x4000px
This is Erebus, during one of our 2-3 daily play sessions to tire him out. Making great strides towards resisting hands/bare feet, which is admittedly my fault because I barely feel the scratches and he's rarely around other people, but apparently you make others nervous if you're scratched all to hell.
>>
File: IMG_20150923_162103[1].jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150923_162103[1].jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>2044433
agreed. tortoiseshell master race reporting
>>
File: BoredScotch.jpg (272KB, 1334x1447px) Image search: [Google]
BoredScotch.jpg
272KB, 1334x1447px
>>2048109
Oh wow, Erebus has gotten so big! Glad to hear you're making progress in regards to hands/feet; my adopted stray has never gotten out of that habit (had her since she was 3 months, and she's about to be 5 years)!
>>
>>2047636
Kidney failure is pretty rough. It's a slow, painful death. I personally would say to just let him be at peace, especially if he's an older cat.
>>
>moved into apartment with friend and his girlfriend
>the day before moving their cat bolts out of the house and is missing for two weeks
>they found him
>now I've had to close all my doors if I'm not in the room or else he'll come inside and root through all of my things and knock over shampoo bottles and shit
>can't leave shoes out by the door either because he'll chew the shoestrings
but the one thing I'm having a problem with
>every time you open the door outside he tries to make a run for it
>have to push him back into the house with my foot when I come in from work
>every day
>have to usher him away from the door when I'm leaving in the morning, because he sits right in front of it
I've heard that spraying them with water on their chest when they're by the door will give them a negative relationship with the door and they'll stop doing that. The roommates claim he "doesn't give a shit" and that hasn't worked in the past. Roommates will force the cat down against the floor when he's done something bad, give him really tight hugs and squeezes until he tries to escape...doesn't look like the right way to own a cat. Any thoughts? I need to get him away from the door.
>>
>>2048630
I ask because I've grown up with dogs my entire life. This is my first time living with a cat. I know it's part of the learning process but there was bad blood between them and their last roommate - they apparently think he was the one to let their cat out of the house. So I'm doing my best to avoid that but I'm so scared I'm going to accidentally come back from the bar or something and he's gonna bolt before I can do anything about it.
>>
How well would an 11 year old cat that, when she was very small (before we got her), grew up with dogs react to me getting a puppy? I obviously hope that she'll be fine with it but she can be surprisingly territorial.
>>
>>2047504
Oh that is such a beauty, look at those gorgeous eyes.
>>
File: IMG_20160128_192942.jpg (2MB, 2016x3584px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160128_192942.jpg
2MB, 2016x3584px
Little kitten I rescued from a tree after some one thew it out on a field. Poor thing almost died. But has a home now
>>
File: IMG_20160129_214837.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160129_214837.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
>>2049201
Here it is after its first bath. Taking it to a vet soon.
>>
>>2049201
>>2049208
Awh, that's sweet. Good on you, anon.
>>
File: catwasher.gif (2MB, 261x194px) Image search: [Google]
catwasher.gif
2MB, 261x194px
My friend insists wet fish-flavored cat food is not OK to feed to a cat as it's only food-source. I find this hard to believe though as any animal food is intended to be a sole source of nutrients is it not? I looked around and could not find anything saying canned fish-flavored cat food is bad, only that raw fish is bad. Would appreciate it if someone with relevant knowledge could educate me on the dangers of canned fish-flavored cat food.
>>
>>2049265
It's not necessarily dangerous, it's just not what a cat's digestive system was designed to digest. This means a cat's body might be a little more taxed processing nutrients from fish than the same nutrients from more appropriate species. The ideal diet for cats would be comprised of fowl and small mammals, so look for food made up of: chicken, turkey, duck, rabbit, etc...
>>
>>2049280
the issue is their cat refuses to eat wet food that isn't fish-based, they have tried tons of different brands/kinds you name it, but the cat simply won't touch anything that isn't fish-based
>>
File: image.jpg (692KB, 2120x1436px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
692KB, 2120x1436px
>>2038726

Rate my cat Muffins /an/.
She's hilarious. She never uses her claws on people, and will simply whine if you hold her in a way she doesn't like.
>>
>>2044036
ringworm is a fungus
>>
File: cat1.jpg (3MB, 3400x1912px) Image search: [Google]
cat1.jpg
3MB, 3400x1912px
>>
File: ^^.jpg (516KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
^^.jpg
516KB, 2048x1536px
Guys need help
My cat used to be very docile and wild, while growling sometimes when she feels uncomfortable while being held at someone's arms.

Yesterday we took her to the vet to take her yearly vaccines and she got extremely defensive, displaying a very aggressive behavior like growling and even scratched my arm when I hold her so the doctor could apply the sedative, there was no other way to give her the vaccines.
She didn't sleep a wink, instead she kept on resisting the drug effect and insisted in walking.

Now that she got better from the sedative (took almost 1 day), she is displaying a very hostile behavior, growling and coming towards us to scare us off, while sometimes she wants to get caressed. She is way too moody and its coming to a point we'll have to keep her closed in a room.

What should I do, /an/?

Pic related, she was about 4 or 5 months old in this picture (now she's 2)
>>
>>2049311
sweet cinnamon roll/baked goods, would lick the icing off her paw.
>>
File: Snapchat-8981946013198128702.jpg (447KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8981946013198128702.jpg
447KB, 1080x1776px
How can I entertain my kitten?
I'm saving up for a proper cat castle, but until then, idk what to do.
She's almost 5 months, and our apartment isn't very big.
She plays fetch, but there are only so many distances I can throw the rattle ball.
She mainly just likes staring out of the window.
Ik kittens are supposed to be nonstop playful, and I feel like I'm failing mine.

She's very doughy in my hands and quite affectionate.
She eats normally, never poops/pees out of litterbox.
Basically none of the typical cat depression symptoms.

Is this just a personality thing?
She's just a mellow, chill cat?
>>
>>2049265
What's that actually supposed to be?
>>
>>2049856
jewcat chamber
>>
File: IMAG0868_1.jpg (356KB, 1864x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0868_1.jpg
356KB, 1864x1520px
Here's my gay cat Mary
>>
File: poker_cat-146754.jpg (75KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
poker_cat-146754.jpg
75KB, 1024x685px
>A cat's terminal velocity when falling is 60mph
>In a study by the American vet association is was shown that cats survived falls at terminal velocity 90% of the time
>This theoretically means a cat can fall from any height and survive
>>
This is Scoots, she is fantastic.
>>
File: Snapchat-4353003715169736067.jpg (211KB, 720x1184px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-4353003715169736067.jpg
211KB, 720x1184px
R8 my kitty. His name is pip.
>>
>>2049974

So they just dropped cats off of stuff?
>>
File: 20150926_224938-1-1-1.jpg (2MB, 1490x1741px) Image search: [Google]
20150926_224938-1-1-1.jpg
2MB, 1490x1741px
>>2044433
>>2048132
bathtub tortoiseshell, especially
>>
>>2050018
No they looked at cases where cats had been bought in with injuries from falling out of tower blocks. And they worked out that above a certain floor they reach terminal velocity when falling.
>>
so damn majestic
>>
File: CIMG2598.jpg (2MB, 3072x2304px) Image search: [Google]
CIMG2598.jpg
2MB, 3072x2304px
This cutie is sitting on my lap right now, but about 6 years older and cuter. Can't say this about doggies.
>>
>>2047251
This isn't even a punishment for her/him. Because cats love boxes and as far as I know my little black-furred asshole, this cat is damn proud of it :3
>>
File: 04082011600.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
04082011600.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
>>2047593
Why the fuck do all black faced cats look the same? Is it something with why nigs look all the same? I have one on my own, I could'nt distinguish from another black Kitty, until I hear its cute meow. Sry for english is german. Here is a pic off Blacky going for a walk in the park.
>>
File: 19082011646.jpg (508KB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
19082011646.jpg
508KB, 2592x1456px
>>2048637
Same problem with my feline Asshole here. It gets better with time. you only have to get down a little and wave furiously with your arm and reach for it. If you managed to keep itinside, reward him. Also use a command. Mine is: Neeeieen Neeein Blacky nein.
>>
Idk. But this anon >>2050132 wants to kill his sisters cat discreetly.
>>
My long term cat companion died a monthish ago
> family keep pressuring me to get a new kitten
>show me pics of cute kittens on fb for free
>keep telling them im not ready for another pet

Its really pissing me off. Like i could just replace him like that.
>>
Is 7lbs an okay weight for a 18yo cat? He eats and drinks normal amounts. Doesn't puke at all since switching to canned. I think he's fine but my sister is concerned.
>>
File: bud and mag.jpg (2MB, 1711x1140px) Image search: [Google]
bud and mag.jpg
2MB, 1711x1140px
buddy and maggie :)
>>
>>2050286

It depends on his frame. If he's small framed, 7 pounds is probably fine.

If he's large framed, 7 pounds is underweight.

A cat that old probably has weak kidneys. Have you ever had his urine analyzed?

If he has kidney issues he needs to be on a special diet (like Friskies Special Diet--it's not expensive).
>>
>>2050532
He and his brother had UTI issues 10ish years ago so he's been on Royal Canin Urinary SO since then.

Gonna bring him in for blood work soon. Hope that vet trip doesn't take too many years off his life.
>>
File: IMG_20160109_022839.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160109_022839.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
I've got two kitties, this is my oldest, Mischief at about 14 or so. We learned he had hyper thyroid, which has given him a mild heart murmur (poor old man was stress panting at the vet) so it was a good thing I decided to start doing annual check ups on him. He's been taking the medicine no problem, but I'm stuck with folks on vacation for two weeks, so my brother is the one in charge of feeding him mess and bringing him into the vet for the three week assessment.

He's an independent guy, and he loves walking around outside (we live in a forested suburban area with no predators or dangers which is the reason why we let him wander outside). Not the most cuddly guy, but he's very sweet if you don't harass him.
>>
how well does your cat get along with your dog /an/?
>>
File: IMG_20160109_022807.jpg (2MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160109_022807.jpg
2MB, 4160x3120px
>>2050949
And my second cat, a younger boy named Zelda (we thought he was the girl from the pair of kittens we picked up, so, oops. But the name stuck) he's currently overweight, but also on a strict year long diet to help him lose weight.

This guy is a baby. He's easily spooked by people tramping down the hallway, and is mildly spooked by cat toys and wanders away from you if you try playing with him. Unfortunately, he had a bad injury, and we had to get his back leg taken off, so he's a tripod. Likely hit by a car and wandered home. It was my fault, as I should have recognized Z boy here was a bit too slow to be allowed outside. He rarely desires to go outside, but when he does, he never leaves the immediate area of the deck.

He's very chatty too, and loves meowing at you until you walk over to pet him, and he drools like a mother fucker. Unlike mischief, he's pretty mellow at the vet with minimum squirming.

They're my two favorite boys, even if they do their magic to annoy the shit out of me.
>>
>>2048630
Play with the cat. Tire him out. Get a big-ass cat tree. If you give them enough stimulation inside, they won't be as curious about outside. Alternatively, get a cat leash to walk them outside now and then.

Spray bottle won't work, because then they'll associate you in the same room as them when they're by the door as a bad thing, not just the door.

Use an automated air burst thing, if you can find something like that.
>>
>>2049845
She's a cat that just has that personality, it seems. If she's just happy to be mellow, don't force her to play, but do try to make an effort to spend time with her. The fetch is good.

Be sure to take her to the vet to get a general check-up/vaccines too. They may be able to give you a better assessment.
>>
>>2050955
We no longer have a dog, but we used to have a big, mellow German Shepard girl. When she was still around, she treated my two cats very kindly. Nipping at the back of their necks and licking them - you'd often find the cats with slobbered up fur. They loved it, and liked sleeping with her, and they seemed visibly confused when she was gone.
>>
Should I introduce my cat to our neighbors' cats?
They have three cats that occasionally come into our backyard, my cat watches them from an open window.
The other cats seem very friendly and come up to me when I go outside. There hasn't been any hissing or negative body language from either party.
I would like for my cat to get to spend time with other animals as we have no other pets but I don't want to put any of the cats in danger.
>>
>>2051047
Nevermind. At first she was curious but now she's hissing through the window. Disregard the question.
>>
>>2051085
>Letting other cats roam your cats territory while they're stuck behind a window.

Find a way to keep the other cats out. Don't need to be violent, just set up some motion activated water sprays
>>
>>2044170
>>2041617

That is one cute fucking cat. I would love to take him but I live in Maine.
>>
File: Kitty Cone Itch.jpg (121KB, 696x633px) Image search: [Google]
Kitty Cone Itch.jpg
121KB, 696x633px
As for cats being clean or not... here's one sure way they'll stay clean ;) :p
>>
File: IMG_0063.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0063.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>2039388
my flame point ragdoll Morpheus
>>
>>2051490
he gets knots in his fur by the way i have to brush them or cut them oiut
>>
>adopt a friends cat
>everyone in the household agrees to chip in with playtime becuase he's only 5 and is going from outdoor-cat to indoor-cat and wildly bored
>literally only me playing with him despite repeated askings

jesus fuck i dont have the time nor energy to play with a cat 10 hours a day fucking help me
>>
>tfw now have a female cat who's like 1/10th as active as previous male cat
>>
>Really bad smell one day
>Figure it's probably the neighbors fertilizer or something
>A week progresses
>The smell now causes vomiting and nausea
>Arcadius had killed an adult hare and dragged him onto the roof of the (1 story) neighbour's house
>My window is directly across from the neighbours roof
>>
>tfw I got a cat that farts and makes wussy sounds when toys touch him

I checked for spaghetti in his pockets too.
>>
I raised my voice to my cat for almost (unintentionally) hurting my baby, and now she's acting sulky. Is her being this sensitive good for training purposes? I need her to be less careless.
>>
My cat (4 months old) managed to sneak out today and when I came back she had climbed on the window sill , shitted all over it and she had shit all over her fur. As far as I know she is in heat.

She never shits outside of her litter box or (when she is near plants) dirt and when I tried to grab her by the scruff she moved back and hissed at me. What can cause this behaviour?

She hasn't been sprayed and the vet told us to wait for about a month before she can get sprayed.
>>
>>2051815
Pretty sure that shitting everywhere isn't normal behavior for an unspayed cat. Call your vet.
>>
File: IMG_0251.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0251.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
rate my chill cats

bro and sis
>>
>>2051740
Maybe a second cat, same age and sex, could help you with that, but you have to introduce it slowly and carefully.

Also cardboard boxes with leafs, crumbled-up paper and a few hidden treats might be interresting for a while. If you have a balcony or a big window you could secure with a net, I'd do that.
>>
>>2051815
She might have been just really afraid or stressed, who knows what happened to her. I'd watch her and if it happens again indoors I'd let a vet take a look at her.
>>
File: CZgj8wBWEAAS6al.jpg (52KB, 575x356px) Image search: [Google]
CZgj8wBWEAAS6al.jpg
52KB, 575x356px
>>2051825
a second cat isn't really an option right now. he doesnt like crumpled up paper, either. thank you though.

i finally got the other two in the house to sit down and we talked about this, we pooled some money together, and he has both interactive and solo play toys coming. as long as i have some way to stop him trying to get out the door and stop him walking all over my desk/graphics tablet when i'm using it i'm happy. i dont mind being the one who plays with him the most out of all of us, but i dont want to be the sole provider.

>also not having 10.5lbs of cat leaping on my ribs at 3am would be nice
>>
>>2051815

>vet told us to wait for about a month

I thought you were able to do this after the first 4-6 weeks, not months later.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2592x1936px
A friend of mine rescued a litter of 3 kitten as a few months ago. He took one, I took one and was in charge of finding a home for the third kitten, who was very weak. I struggled to save that kitten for 6 days, staying up all night to monitor temps and keep him hydrated and clean his ass after bloody poops. Finally, he started moving again, his fever was gone , and he started drinking and eating, and I found him a home. He died 2 days later from a respiratory infection and I feel responsible. Was it a mistake to give him away so soon after his recovery? She seemed to know what she was doing.

There's a picture of him. After listening to his ragged little breaths on the verge of death and weak little cries as I wiped him up, and the sound of him finally purring and giving me a couple licks after I finally got some food and water into him I got super attached and I can't stop thinking about it even months later. Hold me /an/ please
>>
>>2052060
>ctrl+f "vet"
>no results
Why?
>>
Anyone have any experience with sphynx cats? Ive wanted one for years and have done some research, just wanna hear things from people who have them.

I know they get oil on blankets and furniture, this doesnt bother me but Ive never seen it, how bad does it get?
>>
>>2052106

>>2052106

I took them both to the vet twice, I should have mentioned that. Part of the reason his state improved was that I was on the phone with them like twice a day.
>>
File: FaucetL.jpg (1MB, 2000x1179px) Image search: [Google]
FaucetL.jpg
1MB, 2000x1179px
little rascal
>>
>>2052060
Why didn't you crop those ugly people out?
>>
What opinion do you people have over toilet training your cats?
>>
File: Goldie_2.jpg (511KB, 794x1195px) Image search: [Google]
Goldie_2.jpg
511KB, 794x1195px
My Kitty
>>
File: 1.jpg (863KB, 2984x1676px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
863KB, 2984x1676px
My cat is about 9 years old and I noticed she has build up some dental calculus. It does not seem to bother her but I don't want to wait until she gets serious problems. On the other side I don't want her to get anesthesia more often than necessary.

Do you have experiences on how quick calculus comes back after a removal and whether polishing helps keeping it away?

It looks more or less like pic related, just without the inflammation.
Would you wait until it has to be done or get it over with now?
>>
>>2052668
Look into LEBA III, it's a very effective dental spray that works as an alternative to a traditional cleaning. Look into incorporating raw meaty bones, like chicken wings and necks, into her diet, chewing these will help her naturally keep her teeth clean. Also, if you haven't already, take her off dry food. Dry food is very high in carbohydrates which contribute heavily to dental disease. Look for a meat-based canned food, Weruva, Instinct, and Wild Calling are my three favorites.
>>
>>2052579
It's discouraged because people are worried about toxoplasmosis in the water supply.
>>
>>2052116
I don't have a sphinx, but aren't you supposed to bathe them to make up for that?
>>
>>2050157
Because they're solid black, the color masks other features since it's so overbearing. If you pay really close attention you'll be able to notice differences

Maybe it's because I got prosopagnosia but black people are the easiest to distinguish for me. Still hard to tell anyone apart, but I can't tell any white person from another
>>
>>2049311
Her little white paws are adorable. I love her
>>
>>2045693
I love torties but I gotta agree with red cats. Biased because mine is a red and white tabby tho
>>
>>2052690
Leba seems to be damn expensive (and I'll have to import it, too) but like a really great alternative. Thank you, I'll try it first!
I'll try to give her more chicken wings, too. She loves them anyway.

I never thought about whether dry food is bad for the teeth but I looked into feline nutrition years ago and cut it out for other reasons. My friends keep telling me dry food cleans them but in my opinion it isn't big or chewy enough for that purpose.
>>
File: HUG ME.jpg (37KB, 426x591px) Image search: [Google]
HUG ME.jpg
37KB, 426x591px
>>2044688
I think I might have found a home for Luke! Oh man guys, it was coming down to the wire. I was going to have to take him to the shelter this weekend until I happened to walk in on an old aquaintance from work and I randomly asked if she knew anyone looking for a cat. She said her and her boyfriend have been looking for a while, so I sent her some pics and we're trying to plan a meeting with him if her boyfriends likes him.

So fucking relieved, this was stressing me out so bad. I REALLY didn't want to give him to the shelter because they really don't check where the animals go around here once they're adopted, and I'm trying not to get my hopes up if she says no, but there's a good chance it will be a yes.

Pic not really related.
>>
>>2052700
Yea but apparently theres no avoiding kitty grease stains, I was just gonna cover thr couch with cheap bedsheets or something

Sphynx owners talk about it but no one goes into details or has pictures of it, Id just like to know more about it so Im not surprised.
>>
>A cat general on /g/
What is happening to this board?
>>
>>2053060
>>
>>2044089

Maine coon, around 1 here i guess. Mine is 2 months and half
>>
Guys,

I've got a small apartment on the 3rd floor and no yard.
Am I a monster if I get a cat?
I raelly fucking love animals so I want to be sure he'd be ok...
>>
Shit guys. My cat's been having more frequent urinations and I just found a little blood in her pee. This is my biggest fear. :(

I think it might be because of stress because we just moved. Taking her to the vet tomorrow, but general advice please? Thank you
>>
>>2054028
Probably just an UTI, don't fret. A round of antibiotics will clear her right up. Could also be crystals, which would just mean switching to special food.

Keep her hydrated. Give her wet food and/or mix a little water in with her dinner. They'll probably want a urine sample, which will mean either a cystocentesis (extraction from bladder with a needle) or putting her in one of their hospital cages and waiting for her to pee. Either way, it's beneficial for her to be nice and hydrated.
>>
I used to be a cat person. Then I got a dog and realized how incredibly useless and over-rated cats are. If dogs could pur, cats would probably go extinct and no one would notice. Because they're useless.
>>
Whats the best way to pick up a cat?
I've owned like 20+ family cats and I generally pick them up with an arm/hand under the middle section of their stomach. And i get really paranoid this is harmful.
>>
>>2054139
Some people don't want useful pets. Why do you think there are so many pets-snakes, rodents, birds, fish-besides dogs. Some people just like the animal for what it is.

I love my dog, but she's way too needy sometimes. I don't have a big ranch that she can entertain herself on, I or my boyfriend have to give her attention almost all day.

The family cat on the other hand I love. He's not clingy, doesn't need me to play with him, and really just needs to be fed. But he's always up for cuddles and playing when I want to.
>>
>>2054139
I don't even see why there's a "rivalry" between dogs and cats.They're completely different as pets and people want them for different reasons.
Saying dogs are better than cats because they're more loyal or you can teach them tricks or whatever, is like saying comedies are better than dramas because they make you laugh more. Well I don't watch a drama because I want to laugh!
>>
>>2054139
I hate most dog fur. Cats are generally super soft. Dog fur is more oily and bristly. Also, they smell terrible, unless freshly bathed. Cats can smell bad, too, but I never notice cat smell on my hands.

I don't need or want an animal that can fetch my slippers. I'm good with having a casual companion that's soft and pretty and doesn't smell like dog.
>>
Do you still deworm etc. your cats every month if they're indoor-only cats?
>>
File: cat holding.jpg (279KB, 720x852px) Image search: [Google]
cat holding.jpg
279KB, 720x852px
>>2054172
Think of what would be comfortable if someone were to lift you into the air.

Would you like the harness to be constricting your guts, or would you like the harness to secure to your hips and shoulders?

Grab your kitty 1) by the "chest" (under neck, in front of legs), or under the foregs by the armpits and 2) behind the rear legs on the thighs (not the ass, no need to squeeze the tail in there to cover up sphincters).

Similar to pic related, but I prefer not to roll the hips back so far (note how the back legs aren't under the cat)
>>
>>2056056
Once every six months to once a year is recommended for indoor cats I think
>>
Still in the preparatory phase before getting a cat.
1.I see a lot of people selling their scratching posts, saying their cats were completely uninterested in them. How do you get your cat to use them?
2. Walking your cat on a leash: good or bad idea? I've heard people complain it made their cat less interested in playing indoors
3. What's better, giving your cat different foods (like chicken hearts on friday, bit of fish on saturday etc) or sticking to one thing only? I thought giving it a varied diet would always be the best thing, but apparently they don't like that? Or it's not good for them?
>>
What's the verdict on raw meat for cats? Can I feed my cat raw chicken wings and so on, or should they be boiled first (in which case you'd have to remove the bones of course)?
>>
>>2056170
It's good for them and most cats have fun eating it.
I remember reading somewhere that you have to be really careful with raw pork in some areas because it could be contaminated with a virus.

Remember to add supplements to raw and cooked meat if it makes up more than 20% of the cats diet to prevent deficiency symptoms.
>>
What would be considered a good 'starter set' to get for someone who is planning on getting a kitty?
>>
>>2056413
litter, litter box, litter scoop, food and water bowl. that's it. don't spend a bunch of money on toys and beds that your cat won't use, grab one or two cheap things and then get more if your cat likes it. if you can afford it, buy a nice big cat tree, otherwise just a scratching post.
>>
>>2056428
http://www.kika.lt/katems/draskykles-ir-stovai/
Which tree would you advise?
>>
>>2056436
Depends on the cat. My cat never uses the holes inside cat condos and similar shit. Get a tree with a lot of varied parts and platforms so you can pay attention to which parts of it your cat uses and take it into consideration next time you buy cat furniture
>>
>>2056437
Okay. Thanks. There is no cat yet, so just want to get prepared.
>>
>>2038741
You're going to have to give an example if you want anyone to bother replying.
>>
>>2043395
Most cat owner teach their cats not to walk on the counters.
>>
>>2048630
Cat associate spray bottles with a person. Cats understand that as soon as the person leaves then they're free to do whatever they want.

Put on of these by the door.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_8mafoOsdA
>>
File: JRMEWingsun.jpg (152KB, 900x1256px) Image search: [Google]
JRMEWingsun.jpg
152KB, 900x1256px
The Breakfast Club cool cat
J.R. Mewing
>>
How do you train a cat to do and not do certain things? Like scratch the scratching tree and not the sofa, sit on the windowsill but not on the kitchen counter and things like that? Catnip spray? Saying NO? What kind of things do they listen to?
>>
>>2056881
see
>>2056628

It also helps to know what kind of scratching post your cat will use. Most cats have their own preference.

I have a cat that only scratches carpet and one that only scratches wood. You also need to make sure the post is in an area that your cat will actually use. Try placing it in a high traffic area for your cat.
>>
>>2056884
Never seen those for sale in my country unfortunately. Surely there must be other ways to train a cat?
>>
File: IMG_0549.jpg (953KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0549.jpg
953KB, 3264x2448px
My two cats; Mable and Baby
>>
>>2056887
watch every episode of "my cat from hell"
>>
I have played with him fpr three hours everydqy the past week and taken him out on hour long walks at the park or in front of our apartment every day as well, but he won't stop crying at night. He also crys if we are outside in the backyard without him, or he sits by the door and cries if I'm trying to read.

Its really pissing my mother in law off and she wants me to get rid of him.

I do play with him till he's panting too and wants to quit, and he had food, water, treats and toys. I just don't know what to do, he acts like he's absolutely miserable inside.

He's less than a year old, is it a phase?
>>
Story time

I had a dog and a cat. My cat spends most summers out hunting. My cat started to interact with a stray kitten, and the kitten would follow our cat around to the point where the kitten was right in front of our house. We would leave food outside and the kitten would eat it. A few times our dog would chase the stray kitten under a parked vehicle, which surely traumatized the kitten.

I was able to approach the kitten and catch it, and it warmed up to me right away to the point where it now follows me everywhere. I took the kitten to the vet and got everything taken care of, just putting that out there before people call me out for it. It took a while for the kitten to not be terrified of our dog. Now (almost 2 years later) she no longer puffs up her tail or hisses at the dog, and the dog doesn't do anything to terrify her.

Is there any way to help the dog and the cat warm up to each other further?
>>
So can you trace the ancestors of your regular house cat, My cat is quite large (60 cm 23 inch and 9 kg 19 pounds and hes not even fat) for a regular house cat, and have the mentality of a psychopath. So im curious if he has some feral shit in him.
>>
>>2056913
It's a kitten and kittens usually have other kittens to play with all day and sleep while cuddling at night.
He cries because he's and/or lonely, so you could pay him more attention and act like a kitten would, or just get him a friend the same age and sex to do all that shit while you just have to watch and be entertained by them.

Or you let him suffer until he accepted he has to entertain and sleep by himself. If he's one of the cats that start playing by destroying things or attacking people you can still give him to a shelter.
>>
>>2057002
*bored and/or lonely

Seriously, give him a buddy to play with before he starts to play fighting with you. You don't need more room, just give them a few weeks and make sure both are neutered.
>>
>>2057002
>>2057004
Oh god I was so drunk when I posted that, sorry about all the typos.

He's about 8 months old, and we have one older cat that doesn't want to play. I can't get another cat cause the place isn't mine technically, I only stay here on occasion and I'm trying to rehome him on the days I'm not working, but I've been home for a week trying to give him attention and excersise, but he still cries all night. I don't know if there's much else I can do for him honestly, I play with him every time he starts to cry but it's almost like he's got separation anxiety or something. Everytime I'm not right next to him he starts howling-not crying, Howling. Driving me crazy, I can't stay up all night with him, and I can't get him to settle down in bed with me.

But like I said, I don't know if there's much I can do right now. Thought I had someone that wanted to take him, but they bailed.
>>
File: 1375338020162.jpg (30KB, 472x298px) Image search: [Google]
1375338020162.jpg
30KB, 472x298px
>let cat outside
>comes back in with some random meowing kitten
>drops it on the floor and immediatly runs off and goes to bed

My cat is a retard
>>
How well do cats deal with being alone?
Right now, I'm usually out of the house maybe 6 hours a day. Later on, it'll probably be 8-9. I'm also out/away a couple of nights a week, maybe 2-3. Is that too much time away? I'm thinking of adopting an older cat for the record, not an energetic kitten.
>>
>>2057536
An older cat is going to sleep 15+ hours a day easy. If the cat has any attachment to your whatsoever it will adjust it's schedule to be awake at the same time you are home and awake.

Good on adopting an older cat. It should be easy finding one that fits the personality you are looking for.
>>
my neighbor has lost their kitten and it seems to come to my yard every couple of days

I wanna try and put food out so it can keep coming more often so I can try and catch it
I only have vegan food in my house though

would I have to go buy meat or o cats eat a lot of shit?
>>
>>2057547
just put water out btw
>>
File: 20160208_103300.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160208_103300.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>
>>2057596
OH MY GOD!

Anon, are you aware that you have a rare ceiling cat?
>>
>>2057547
>I only have vegan food in my house though

kek
>>
Guys, my parents just brought in a new cat (male). Seems like it has a tendency to fight the other male cats at my household. Will my other cats run away from home if the fight keeps up? The new cat keeps on winning btw.
>>
>>2058061
Introduce a brown recluse as a median between the cats

He will teach the cats to tolerate each other and eventually become friends
>>
>>2058061
Is the cat neutered? Intact males are generally not going to get along with other cats in the same household. Other than that, I would try to break up fights when I hear or see them.
>>
>>2051490
>great big puffy toasted marshmallow cat

10/10, would cuddle
>>
when is the best time to neuter a male cat? am thinking about getting a kitten
>>
Are hypoallergenic cats a thing? I've got some mild allergy to cats and im thinking about getting a siamese kitten.
>>
>>2059197
Not really.
You can get a cat that bothers you less, but that's not hypoallergenic.
I also have mild cat allergies, but it only bothers me when I get cat hair on my face.
I suggest looking into low shedding, short coated breeds; however I don't usually suggest the Siamese for most people. They tend to be rather intense pets. They are needy, highly active and loud.
>>
File: rsz_120160210_114950.jpg (400KB, 747x1328px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_120160210_114950.jpg
400KB, 747x1328px
r8 muh cat
>>
>>2059191
Before testosterone kicks in, imo (best around 3-4 months old and/or as soon as they have the right weight). I work at a shelter and all males neutered before they got sexually active turned mellow and kitten-like, while older males held onto some of their more "manly" behaviors.
>>
>>2059694
>gorgeous color
>pawpad fluffs
>mane
>semi-hitler
10/10 would caress and cuddle
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 1936x2075px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1936x2075px
R8 my cat's claws.
>>
File: 20160210_115008.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160210_115008.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>2059705
thanks bby, believe it or not, this things a he and he's more dog like than cat.
>>
File: Nap Time.jpg (1MB, 2592x1456px) Image search: [Google]
Nap Time.jpg
1MB, 2592x1456px
Is olive oil safe for cats? I just made some salmon and used a tiny amount of olive oil with nothing else in cooking it and my cat is going wild. Is it safe to give her some of the salmon?
>>
>>2059707
show feets please
>>
>>2059767
Yes, it can also be a good remedy for cats that cough up large hairballs. use 1/8 teaspoon max for that though.
>>
>>2059310
Thanks dude.
Then do you have any breed suggestions? I'm looking mostly for a chill cat.
>>
>>2060051
I need more info before I can suggest a breed.

-what is your lifestyle like?
-other pets?
-roommates?
-what activity level are you looking for?
-have you owned cats before?
>>
>>2060168
-I spend most of my time at home and studying
-Yeah, got one dog ( a schnauzer to be exact)
-I actually live with my family, so there's at least one person at the house most of the time
-Mostly a chill and mellow cat, but i don't mind some level of activity
-Yeah, i had one but i gave her away because it shed like crazy and that's not a good combination with mine and my mom's allergy to cats

But actually i don't think i can get any breed that you suggest. I live in Brazil and like, 90% of the breeders here work with persians.
>>
File: PICT00052.jpg (706KB, 1880x1880px) Image search: [Google]
PICT00052.jpg
706KB, 1880x1880px
When she was little
>>
Hi. my indoor cat sneaked outside while I was putting the litter mat outside to dry. She saw a stray or something and instantly chased it to I have no clue where. Its been 3 hours now and she hasn't come home. I've walked around part of the neighborhood shaking a bag of treats and calling her name, I also put her litter box, scratching post, and some cat nip outside. Is there anything else I can do for the moment?
>>
File: tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_ngrkz3d3fO1szad63.jpg
52KB, 500x500px
Why does my cat keep biting me? I'm never doing anything to him, he's literally just sitting on my lap and then he starts biting my hand
>>
my cat stinks but it will scratch the everloving shit out of me if I give it a bath. I wish I had accustomed this thing to water when it was a kitten. why does no one tell you to do that
>>
>>2059767
Once, after cooking some vegetables, we drained off the excess oil (accidentally poured way too much in the pan) into a little dish, probably a good 1/3 of a cup. We forgot about it and the cat managed to get into it and literally drink every last drop.

He had some diarrhea for a couple nights and then was totally fine. A little bit can be good for them, though a huge amount can give them stomach upset. I wouldn't worry.
>>
>>2060577
Put food out, fresh food, leave a trail down the driveway even. The scent will carry farther and she'll (hopefully) be tempted back when she gets hungry. I did this with a cat that got out when I was house-sitting; 5 hours of searching later, I came back to call it a night and the little shit was munching away at his kibble on the front step.

Good luck anon.
>>
>>2060582
in all seriousness, if he's not biting hard it could be a sign of affection. Just a gentle nibble though
>>
>>2060589
It leaves marks afaik
>>
>>2060588
I just did that. Kinda worried because I'm i just moved in 4 months ago so I'm afraid that she may still think of the old house as her house. Also I'm in a gated community that is giant and has tons of plants everywhere, also 80% of the garages are with gates not slides or doors so she could easily hide in there.
>>
Looking to get a cat in a few years, going to research breeds in the meantime if I don't end up adopting.

I mainly want a British Shorthair.
If anyone can point me out to other cat breeds with a chunky body and round face, it'd be greatly appreciated to widen my options.
>>
My cat won't stop meowing until I pet and cuddle it. Cats are said to be loners but mine is the very opposite. He follows me all over the house and the fluffy bastard always cry for attention. He also sleep on me when I go to bed and is on my lap right now (in fact, he's always on my lap).

Is there any way I can make him less dependant to me?
>>
File: IMG_0631.jpg (4MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0631.jpg
4MB, 4608x3456px
Wish me luck, anons. She had pancreatitis and diabetus and she's doing really bad today. Off to the vet right now but there is a chance she's not coming home with me
>>
>>2060685
Get him a buddy.
Leave a radio on a classical or talk radio station in another room.
Play with him more, part of it may be boredom. Give him more shit to occupy his time, maybe even something like a treat puzzle ball.

>>2060708
Cute old lady. Fingers crossed for you.
>>
My parents' cat Lieutenant Gravy had to be put to sleep yesterday after over a year and a half of severe heart and lung problems.

Even though I only saw the little scamp when I visited, I knew him since he was a kitten and will greatly miss him. I don't even have a picture of him...
>>
>>2060608
>>2060577
*Update* She came home thankfully, I was really worried she would walk to the old house 40 miles away. Also alligators and snapping turtles... fuck florida
>>
>>2060623
Breeds with a cubby body and/or a round face include-

American Shorthair
American Bobtail
British Longhair (TICA ONLY)
Burmilla
Burmese
Bombay
Chartreaux
Exotic
Manx
Pixie-Bob (TICA only)
Selkirk Rex

Check out CFA.org and TICA.org for more info.
>>
>>2060843
*cobby body
>>
>>2060843
>no Scottish fold

shit list
>>
>>2060850
Yes I did forget the Scottish (fold and straight). Doesn't make it a shit list.
>>
>Decide I want a cat a while back.
>Want two so they keep each other company.
>Owner's cat had three kittens, I can't just leave one by itself, take them all.
>Find another cat at old job, no one likes black cats and wants to get rid of it, so I take her home.
>Find two kittens a mother cat has abandoned, they're crying outside my door in the rain, take them and bottle feed them (And get scabies from them in the process, that was a lot of fun).
>Another cat shows up under my house, adopt her too.
>Neighbors drop off two more kittens in my yard while they think I'm not looking, mad but wind up with more cats.

>There's a mama cat at work that had five kittens, so I wind up feeding 7 cats over there too.
>No one wants cats unless they're kittens, and even then they only want one.

How do you say no to more cats?
>>
By realising I couldn't afford an emergency vet for more than three of them. unless your rolling in the money buddy, rehome some of those cats before something happens to them and you have to put them down.
>>
>>2060582
Spank him on his ass. Some cats are just fuckin grouches, don't let him bite you that hard. Im not saying hurt him, but you know, you wouldn't let your kid bite you till you bled. Give him a nice loud pop on the but, push him pff your lap, then leave the room or something. He'll get the point after a while.
>>
>>2061106
By not being a hoarder. Seriously, that's the way you're going. You just have to be realistic, say you can't take care of more cats to the extent that they deserve, and find them fucking homes. Contact rescue groups that will help you place the cats, socialize the cats while you have them, and make sure they're ready for their new homes.
>>
So my cat got out for a little while

>Noticed the screen door was open, turns out someone locked it, but didn't close it
>Also realize cat isn't in any of his usual haunts
>well shit
>Start wandering my front yard,he isn't in his usual hiding place or under the cars
>Start to get worried he decided tonight was the night he didn't just roll around and rub his face on the driveway
>Check down the streets, no cat
>Starting to panic now
>See a guy walking his dog alone, observe, just in case
>A different cat runs down the street
>Walk to top edge of the driveway to make sure it isn't mine
>Bout to check under the cars
>Wait...the hell is that behind the garbage...oh you little furry bastard
>Cat was chilling around the garbage cans
>Walks out, sniffs me and rubs on my leg, give him a few pets
>Decide to watch him for awhile
>He starts doing spetznaz rolls, I creep up with him, doing a weird frog crouch hopping thing for some reason
>He rolls under my truck, right as a neighbor pulls in
>I crawl under it and pet him so he doesn't run off and get squished
>Bolts to the front door, oh he must be tired now
>Looks at me like he wants to go inside, open it as he bumps into my leg
>Nothing, try to pick him up and put him back inside, but the neighbors start their car, so he freaks out and squirms around
>Sigh, set him down, close the door, waiting for him to chill
>Goes onto my lawn, and starts chewing on some grass
>Pet him and move to grab him
>Neighbors come back, cat looks like he wants to run
>Grab him and he meows as I carry him back inside and put him on a bed upstairs
>Saw him sniffing around the bark I carried in

It's nice to have a cat who doesn't wander to much
I just hope my neighbors didn't see me acting like a freak while messing around with my kitty
>>
Is it cruel to keep a cat in an appartment?
I thought about leash/harness, but it still feels weird for cats to me. Do you think cats hate it?
>>
>>2061219
Me again, just thought about something. Do you think getting 2 cats may be a good idea so they don't get too bored if they can't go outside?
>>
File: 20110407.gif (212KB, 540x2144px) Image search: [Google]
20110407.gif
212KB, 540x2144px
>>2061219
If they have never tasted freedom, they probably don't know what they're missing. They just live comfily in comfort.
>>
>>2061226
Haha this pic...yeah, probablyt accurate, at least the cat won't be sad, seeing it this way. Thanks.
>>
File: IMG-20160207-WA0031.jpg (854KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160207-WA0031.jpg
854KB, 1440x2560px
>>2038726
How is this Cat race even called>>2038726
>>
Right guys, one of my neighbours has this very annoying cat. And I don't know which neighbour it is but it keeps coming to MY garden and shitting on my flowers. I tried lots of products but they don't work. My house now completely stinks of cat shit and I have to tidy after their cat's shit.

I hate cats, fucking furry bastards that eat innocent birds.
>>
File: 81gZeTfZVOL._SY355_.jpg (26KB, 256x355px) Image search: [Google]
81gZeTfZVOL._SY355_.jpg
26KB, 256x355px
does anyone have any experience with this product? my cats are fighting (they have been since i got the male, about 18 moths ago), and i don't know how to get them to stop. It seems like the one that starts it may have anxiety problems. he's very needy. the other cat is female, just fyi.
>>
A lot of people don't bathe their animals.
>>
>>2062110
Never used it, but many experts swear by it. Definitely worth trying before resorting to something like medication.
>>
File: WP_000292.jpg (265KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
WP_000292.jpg
265KB, 1224x1632px
This lil shit
>>
>>2061220
2 cats aren't much harder to take care of than one, and they keep each other company.

>>2061219
>I thought about leash/harness
I have a harness for my cat, for vet visits, or traveling. He's fine with the harness, but the minute you put a leash on him he goes completely limp in protest of this damage to his feline pride.
>>
File: 20160131_210056.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160131_210056.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
look at this fuzzy lumpy turd of a cat.
>>
File: 20160131_210050.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160131_210050.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>2062285
him and his pot belly just laying on me like he owns the place... little shit.
>>
File: 20160131_210114.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160131_210114.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>2062287
>>
Sup /an/ im here past midnight trying to comfort my cat she is having trouble breathing and is drooling what i assume is phlem since she is wheezing...its breaking my heart but im too poor to rush her to the vet for an emergency check up...shes so young too only about 6...have you guys ever lots a cat...how was it...what did you do after.
>>
How bad would it be for a kitten to be left alone for the majority of the day alone? I mean, everyone is at work, so he'd only see people in the evening. Would that be okay or there are some things that could be done for him to not feel like shit?
Not sure if making sense here.
>>
>>2062877
My cat died in my hands from old age and a form of cancer. He tried to tell me something, just before he died. Like, a long sentence of meows and then he gave up the ghost. Had my girlfriend devastated for a long time. Me? I just put him in the shoe box and brought him to the vet to get incinerated.
Sorry, can't console you. While I loved the cat a lot, I had time to prepare for his demise.
>>
>>2062075

The tailess ones? Manx cats iirc.
>>
>>2062877
I hope she's still alive!
it sounds like an upper respiratory infection. I don't have experience with cats getting it, but I do keep rats, which get URIs frequently.

do you have an update? I hope you were able to take her to the vet. she needs antibiotics- if you can't afford the vet, I can point you in the right direction. In the meantime, take her into the bathroom, block the door with a towel, and run the shower very hot so the room gets steamy. might help her breath easier.
>>
File: Photo on 2-12-16 at 8.47 PM #3.jpg (158KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 2-12-16 at 8.47 PM #3.jpg
158KB, 1080x720px
>>2038726
this my new cat, what do you guys think
>>
>>2062956
Don't do that. Not only is it bad for the cat, but it's also bad for your house and shit, because a bored kitten WILL make its own fun - and not in ways humans often like.

Unless it's a choice between the kitten being on the street or in your house, don't get the kitten.
>>
>>2063630
Cutie patootie.
>>
>>2063630
that's a great cat.
>>
Cat doesn't like being brushed, what should I distract her with?
>>
>>2063648
Well shit. Both adults in the house are working 08.xx to 18.xx, so this will always be like that. Don't we deserve a pet?
>>
>>2063747
step on her neck
>>
>>2063747
Just do short sessions. Give her a treat as she gets better about it.

One of my cats didnt like brushing. When I brushed my dog or other cat, I would ignore her and just let her cry. Eventually she sort of learned it was a way to get attention and let me do it longer and longer to her.
>>
>>2063912
>deserve a pet
no. pets are living things, you can't just 'deserve' them.

just find a chill older cat instead of a kitten.
>>
>>2063927
>no. pets are living things, you can't just 'deserve' them.
Nigga, you know what I mean.
How old is older?
>>
>>2044032
You just broke my heart, Anon
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>2039388
By far the best cat
>pic related, I just told him the most hilarious joke
>>
File: IMG_20160216_113057.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160216_113057.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>jumps out the window
>runs around the back yard
>comes in another window
>runs up to the door to the room she originally jumped out of
>sits there meowing continuously until someone lets her back in

JUST GO BACK THE WAY YOU CAME
>>
>>2063912

It's not a matter of whether you deserve a fluffy little kitten that will put itself on standby for ten straight hours a day and then resume acting adorable and playful when you're home, it's a matter of kittens not working that way. You might be the kind of wonderful saintly person who deserves a frigging unicorn, but you're still not going to get one. Get an adult cat, the vast majority are fine being left alone during the day.
>>
>>2063996
Thanks for the advice. What would be a good age for a cat, in my case?
>>
>>2064014
A 5-8 year old cat in good health will still be playful and they have a lot of years left in them. Remember, A well taken care of cat can easily live 18 years or more.
>>
>>2038726
i don't mean to shit up this thread with sad stuff but i really just need to post this somewhere.
>got a cat when i was 10, he was the sweetest fucking cat ever and my best friend
>grow up with him for 12 years
>recently moved to the country, took out outdoor cat with us
>he was scared of the area at first and seemed to have been traumatized by something one night, probably a coyote
>stays inside after that
>over the next few months he becomes more comfortable with the surroundings and eventually goes back to being a mostly outdoor cat
>almost every night without fail he'll come to the back door and meow for us to let him in
>its last night, i'm in bed and trying to fall asleep
>hear loud meowing
>fuck off cat i'm trying to sleep
>the meowing starts getting softer, but he wont stop
>something is wrong, rush outside
>follow the sound of his voice, my yard is huge
>he is being quieter and quieter
>eventually find him but its too dark to even see him and i don't have a flashlight on me
>all i know is he is close
>just trying to talk to him, calling him, all of that shit
>he stops meowing
>suddenly dead silence
>i lose it

i just buried him. it hurts so much. that cat was like a brother to me. i'm starting to accept his death, but god damn i cant get that night out of my head.

again, sorry for blogging but i had to vent.
pic related isn't actually my cat but i don't have any pictures on my phone and this cat looks almost identical.

good night kitty, i'll miss you
>>
File: Nicky640x480.jpg (64KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nicky640x480.jpg
64KB, 640x480px
>>2064103
woops
>>
>>2064103
i didn't even complete the fucking story, i'm a retard. i left out that i found him mangled, and he was likely killed by the same coyote that spooked him a few months back. from what i've found in the yard it look as if that coyote has been after our cat for a while.

he held onto his life until i was able to be with him, i cant stop thinking about that
>>
>>2064103
Yeah but why did it die?
>>
>>2064110
That sucks. It's always important to have a place outside your cat can easily get to thats safe from larger animals.

I once had a rabid skunk attack my dog and it had to be put down.
>>
>>2064103
This is why you never leave your cat alone.
>>
>>2064163
>>2064119
yeah, i should have been much more careful. hopefully someone can learn from my mistakes at least
>>
Is there a specific breed of cat that's more ok than another to stay inside all the time and cope with me not being here 8 hours a day for work?
>>
>>2064095
5+ is what I was going to recommend too.
>>
I think this stray cat that's been visiting my house might be pregnant, what do?
>>2064346
not really, a lot of cats like to be alone. just try to get a younger one who's not used to going outside. also, give it lots of attention while you ARE home.
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 99

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.