[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never owned a dog, Dog sitting 2 dogs. I don't know if the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (2MB, 2055x1511px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
2MB, 2055x1511px
Never owned a dog,
Dog sitting 2 dogs.
I don't know if the Labrador is trained or not.
If I am not playing tug of war with it or petting it, it whines/moans/barks.
I've tired it out to the point of it can barely hold onto it's toy and if I even look away from it, it starts whining, barking, and nudging at it's toy. Try playing with it again, and the toy just lays in it's mouth.
Ignoring it for 30+ minutes just consisted of barking/moaning. Telling it 'No' in a stern voice just results in barking/moaning.
What am I doing wrong?
>>
You should always win tug of war, so it respects you as superior.
>>
Get a bully stick and relax for maybe an hour or so.
>>
>ignore any whining/barking/nudging of toys, it could take a couple of hours before they stop the first few times, but dogs eventually get tired
>only initiate play when dog is quiet
>eventually dog learns that being quiet means you'll start to play with it and being annoying means nothing will happen ever

By giving in after half an hour or reprimanding him, you are rewarding his efforts with attention, and teaching him that if he whines for 30 minutes he'll eventually illicit a response.

I would start small (being quiet for say, a couple of seconds) and reward with some play, and slowly build quiet duration until the dog comes up and is quiet at you until you initiate play instead of being annoying.

This is if you care to train them.
If you just want them out of your hair, do what anon suggests and get them bully sticks, or other long term chews.
>>
THIS:
>>2038696
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.