[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird question but are there any dog breeds that are notoriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: dog-whining.jpg (19KB, 300x454px) Image search: [Google]
dog-whining.jpg
19KB, 300x454px
Weird question but are there any dog breeds that are notoriously quiet? I don't mean just barking. I kind of hate dog-noises, like whining and the weird heavy breathing a lot of them do. I'm used to cats. Most of the dogs I've met who were quiet were just like that as individuals so I'm not sure if there's any breeds that are more inclined to not make sounds.
>>
>>2038199
You can just have their voice boxes removed.
>>
>>2038199
Why do you want a dog if you hate dog-noises?
Just take another cat if you're used to them.
>>
>>2038212
Well my wife and I are in the market for something her daughter can exercise with, and the cat is a no-go. I also want a quiet pup because the neighborhood we live in is full of angry, old people
>>
>>2038212
I've met a lot of individual dogs who were cool and chill and basically cats, but dogs.

I just want to try having a dog since I never have.
>>
>>2038224
Find a big purebreed cat, I'm sure there's a bunch of athletic ones. Train it to the leash and otherwise be an indoor cat.

>>2038244
>I want a dog that's a cat.
Just find a cat.
>>
I heard that greyhounds don't bark as much.

Also, it is possible to train a dog to not bark if everyone is gone during the day.
>>
They say wardogs like german shepherds, servicedogs of all kinds can be anything you want if you train them ungodly.
>>
>>2038199
Buddy has a Malamute. Barked like twice in two years. Does howl and do the wookie noises occasionally though.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 750x1334px
Golden Retrievers tend to not bark
much. Mine is practically mute, and I've heard similar things from other owners.
>>
>>2039371
This is either a lie or an uneducated post
>>
>>2038199
if you're used to cats shih tzus are great. stubborn like a cat, and so quiet- we thought she'd had her voice box removed until she finally barked like 6 months after we got her.
>>
Big dogs are typically quiet.
But in general, all dogs are quiet if they're happy and not bored.
I've got a Boxer who whines my ear off if he hasn't been walked, but afterwards he's quiet as a mouse/only barks if somebody approaches the house
but that's sort of irrelevant, because I've taught him to do that and he's 9

How much space do you have OP? If you're looking for a dog to exercise with a bigger one would be ideal, but if you don't have a yard it'll feel cooped up right
>>
>>2039371
You're dog is probably just like that. Golden Retrievers are nigger tier dogs, everyone I have met are aggressive, load assholes who try to rape or bite anything they come across.

I was walking my dogs and they ignore other dogs, my pointer is just so focused on walking he does not notice they are there yet he got tackled by a retriever today.
>>
>>2038199
It doesn't matter what breed you get. You can always have their vocal cords snipped at the vet.
>>
>>2038256
The only time my greyhounds have ever barked is when playing or wanting to go for a walk.
>>
>>2039418
That may help barking but it won't do shit for breathing, panting, coughing, sneezing, snorting etc. They can still make noises without a voice box. There's no dog that will be silent unless you properly train it, but even then it could sneeze and clear sinuses etc. Also many vets won't remove voice box
>>
>>2038199
>the weird heavy breathing a lot of them do
That's called panting. That's how they catch their breath after exercising, which is apparently what you want it for >>2038224
>>
>>2038244
>I just want to commit to an animal I don't like that will probably live 12+ years just to cross it off my bucket list.
Sounds a lot like you don't want a dog. Don't get a dog. Pet ownership isn't a fucking bucket list of stuff you want to own "for the experience"
>>
>>2039371
My grandma's Goldens were always pretty loud. That's what hunting dogs do.
>>
Look into a basenji. I heard they're a lot like cats and they don't bark like normal dogs. But like with most animals, there will be noise if it's bored.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.