[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that the salamander and newt hobby is getting completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: b01.jpg (56KB, 722x349px) Image search: [Google]
b01.jpg
56KB, 722x349px
Reminder that the salamander and newt hobby is getting completely shut down soon. If you wanted any species of salamander/newt that isn't a tiger salamander or axolotl, you have until january 28th to get it.
>>
Good thing I'm not an americuck
>>
File: 8DYG9.gif (768KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
8DYG9.gif
768KB, 500x267px
>>2037362
We don't want you anyway.
Never did.
Never will.
>>
>>2037432
I get all the salamanders.
You don't get any.
Cry me a river.
>>
>>2037362
>>2037442
At least I don't live in Europe
>>
For those who are not aware of the situation at hand:
http://www.fws.gov/injuriouswildlife/salamanders.html
>>
>>2037474
nice freedom murricans
>>
>>2037474
Good, amphibians need protection more than ever.
>>
>>2037474
I wonder how much this will actually impact the keeping of salamanders and newts.

Like, will anyone actually give a shit and enforce this if private breeders keep selling them?
>>
>>2037508
I think that the main issue is the import of amphibians from overseas, that's the origin of chytrid.
>>
>>2037508
It'll wreck it the hobby. Won't do much to some species being bred in a lot of areas, but a LOT of now common species will be entirely gone since they're all imports.
Firebellies are gonna go the way of the giant millipede and emporer scorpion, I know later I'm going to hit the fish store and get like a dozen of them since they're all imports and practically no one breeds them.
>>
>>2037661
> since they're all imports.
maybe you should've learned how to breed america.

too late for that now.
>>
>>2037662
A lot of newt/salamander species are being bred.
They won't be extinct in the us or anything, but they sure won't be 3.99 anymore.
>>
>>2037664
>they sure won't be 3.99 anymore.

Good. If they're cheap they attract a lot of the wrong people.
>>
How are newts and salamanders even as pets? I imagine they would just hide the majority of the time and aren't very active.
>>
>>2037677
Newts are interesting to watch since they're surprisingly active. Salamanders I've never kept but as I understand it do hide a shitload.
>>
>>2037677

You could probably apply that logic to everything that's not a dog/bird/cat.
>>
>>2037664
> but they sure won't be 3.99 anymore.
that doesn't harm the hobby.

it harms people who pretend to be a part of it.
>>
>>2037718
>>2037675
True, my point was a ton of species are going from being cheap staples to either completely not around at worst, to rare and expensive at best practically overnight so get what you can now.
It sure as hell hurts the hobby though when you can't ship animals from state to state or import new blood/species ever again.
>>
>>2037718
>it harms people who pretend to be a part of it.
You don't get to decide who's a part of it or not.

But your own elitist attitude aside, those hobbyists you reject so casually are the experts of the future. That's how people get into the hobby - they impulse buy some cheap and common animal they see at the pet shop and then learn about it after the fact.

When nobody new is joining your elite corps of animal experts, it's dying. And dying is usually considered bad.
>>
>>2037739
>they impulse buy some cheap and common animal they see at the pet shop and then learn about it after the fact.

how i hate those tards
>>
>>2037746
sure, we all do.
most of us used to be those tards though.
>>
File: 1333333333333.png (426KB, 800x608px) Image search: [Google]
1333333333333.png
426KB, 800x608px
>>2037739
>And dying is usually considered bad.
>>
>>2037748
Yes, because I was a little child.
Doing it is unjustifiable for an adult.
>>
>>2037792
having children take care of anything that's alive is unjustifiable
>>
>>2037798
True, but that's the parents' fault.
>>
>>2037799
you're dealing with tards either way.
>>
>>2037801
yeah its like the same as dealing with you...TARD
>>
Anyone stocking up on the common WC species before they're gone? got a group of firebellies, paddletails, and a pair of warty newts because of the ban.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.