[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who's the dipshit that thought bringing these to australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: cane-toad-side.jpg (41KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
cane-toad-side.jpg
41KB, 300x235px
who's the dipshit that thought bringing these to australia was a good idea
>>
cant deal with the bantz
>>
>>2037345
It has a stupid name anyway, I woulda called it a bozwazi
>>
>>2037345
Nobody, they weren't introduced intentionally.
>>
From wikipedia:

> Native to South and mainland Middle America, cane toads were introduced to Australia from Hawaii in June 1935 by the Bureau of Sugar Experiment Stations, now the Sugar Research Australia in an attempt to control the native grey-backed cane beetle (Dermolepida albohirtum) and Frenchi beetle (Lepidiota frenchi).[5] These beetles are native to Australia and they are detrimental to sugar cane crops, which are a major source of income for Australia.
>>
>>2037421
> let's introduce non-native cash crops
> oh shit our native insects find it tasty
> let's introduce non-native toads to eat our native insects
> Aussie logic
>>
>>2037426
>thinking a toad is going to affect the population of beetles when killing the adults is going to do jack shit
They should have introduced something that eats the larvae, stupid fucks.
>>
>>2037465
not only that, but the beetles live up inside the cane. How the fucks the toad gonna climb up there and eat it?
>>
>>2037387
It's better to just shut it if you're this retarded.
>>
Funfact: most incredibly destructive invasives were introduced by the government intentionally, or from food markets.

The pet industry is expected to take the entirety of the blame though.
>>
>>2037733

Literally you can just blame the English for most of it.

Rabbits/foxes/pigeons/pigs etc etc
>>
>>2037345

The most offensive part to me is that they're fucking poisonous so nothing can kill them.

If they were harmless, there wouldn't be a problem.
>>
Why not introduce something to eat the frogs?
>>
>>2037760
they're poisonous as fuck
>>
>>2037760
Because all the cane toad's native predators would fuck things up even worse than the actual toads.
I'm sure you can see why releasing cat eyed snakes or bullet ants into australia wouldn't be a good plan.
>>
>>2037345
The Evil British Empire.
>>
>>2037768
> bullet ants
Why not? You already have jack jumpers.
>>
smashin toads with a golf club. great queensland pastime
>>
>>2037345
That ugly brown-piece-of-shit is poisonous? Bullshit. Poisonous amphibians are brightly colored.
>>
>>2037729
since they thrived to the point of an epidemic, I'd say... "creatively."
>>
>>2038316

Cane Toad. Google it.
>>
>>2038316
most toads are poisonous
>>
>>2038332
For you
>>
Honestly, they should just evacuate the continent and turn it into an experimental battleground. Every time an introduced species become a problem, introduce something even more cancerous that can kill it. See how it all turns out in the end, for science.
>>
File: 1447116707135.jpg (125KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
1447116707135.jpg
125KB, 498x750px
>>2038341
This. Not to Australia but I would love to see this done to a sizeable island just to see how fuct everything would be. I'm talking b class sci-fi movie with a scientist polluting a lake to create mutations type shit. The more retarded the better.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.