[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will he make it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: bichon-frise_cachorro.jpg (97KB, 800x1009px) Image search: [Google]
bichon-frise_cachorro.jpg
97KB, 800x1009px
My dog (who looks like pic related), was brutally attacked by three rottweiler, they broke five of his ribs and damaged his right lung. This happened about three hours ago. The veterinarian says that there's a chance he might not make it (I like to think that it wont happen) and that if he lives there might be sequels that will affect him. I'd like to know what do you guys think? will he be alright? will there be any sequels in the future? Even if you don't know anything of veterinary, some kind words would be very appreciated (I know i'm in 4chan but even you guys have your moments).
>>
>>2034259

I'm possible to know. I assume by sequels you mean like symptoms that don't go away such as a shortness of breath or something. Or even seizures. Really at this point anything can happen and it could be really bad but at the same time there is every reason to hope that it might turn out just okay. Tons of issues he may be left with can be dealt with with anti seizure meds, just watching that he doesn't over exert himself and that sort of thing.

At this moment I think the best thing you should be focusing on is that miracles do happen and there is no reason to believe he may not come out absolutely fine. The way your vet worded it like there was a chance he might not make it vs. the worse there is a chance he will make it sounds to me like it isn't close to any lost hope.

It's not exactly the same but my beagle got her head clipped by a car's tire that was going 65 and she was in incredibly bad shape and everyone was worried she would not make it but she ended up making a full recovery with nothing but some arthritis meds for chipped bones.
>>
>>2034261

I meant impossible to know, sorry I took some benzos.
>>
>>2034259

Whelp, considering my aunt's dog (who looks like the OP's) got literally eviscerated by a chocolate lab and somehow managed to survive means there is hope. Granted, he was put back together at one of the best vet schools in the country and to the tune of $8k, but anything is possible. This was five years ago and he's still doing well sans kidney and several inches of intestine.

Stay positive OP
>>
What happened, why did they attack your dog? Just curious

I hope the best for your doggie op :'(
>>
>>2034291
I don't really know exactly what happened, its kind of a long story but hear me out, to begin with, the rottweilers are my cousin's (whose house is connected to mine), so my uncle came to do some repairs on the side of my cousin, their dogs are usually tied to a three as to avoid something like what just happened, but my uncle didn't check that nor asked my cousin to tie them before he arrived, and the moment he opened the door to their side the dogs just quickly entered my home and went directly after my dog (who has never had any kind of contact with them besides barking at them because they make a lot of noise, which annoys him. His name is Oso by the way, or in american: 'Bear' ). The moment they attacked him my dad, my uncle and an electrician (who was too scared to do anything) were there, my uncle managed to lift Oso a bit, but to no avail because the rottweilers are pretty big and were still hurting him, my dad didn't know what to do and just started throwing water at them, but again, to no avail. I was having a nap when all of this happened, the cries of pain of my dog woke me up and I came running out my room just to see Oso being attacked by those dogs (who are fully grown), I felt scared at the sight, but then, out of pure rage, I just went straight for one of the rottweiler, lifted him by the skin and just tossed him out of my house with all the strenght I have, I did the same with the other two, they even tried again to go after Oso, but I just repeated the process, after being treated like that they were too scared to try anything, one of them even tried to lick my hand to try to calm me down, needless to say it didn't work since I was only feeling rage towards them.
After the rottweilers were dealt with, I went to check on my dog just find that his ribs were broken and that his chest was inflating and deflating like a baloon, after that you know what happened.
>>
>>2034355
Do you wanna know one of he worst parts, my uncle almost tried to put the blame of what happened on my dad, and by extention, me. After all of this, we are seriously considering moving out of here back to our real home.
>>
>>2034366
people who get dangerous breeds-let alone three of them not being able to control them deserve to die, sorry about the pupper hope he makes it through
>>
>>2034366
My god it sounds like you live in a shit hole. Seriously fuck your uncle. That event was bound to happen by a small slip up. I hope your dog survives OP and shame on your cousin for not socializing those fucking rottweilers. You're just goimg to put your dog in jeopardy again if you stay there.
>>
Hey guys, for those who might still care, we finally got an update on my dog's health. Oso is stable, he's able to sit and do light movements, but he's still not out of danger, the vet is still running tests to determine the extension of the damage and to decide if he will need surgery; besides this, theres another thing that worries us, and that is that Oso doesn't want to eat, we went to see him to see if he wanted to eat with my dad and me but he barely even sniffed the food and gave it a lick, the vet says is a small progress, I really hope so but it still worries me. Another thing that broke my hearth is that he barely even payed atention to us, he looked sad, even mad at us, in the end he just lied down without looking at us and we just had to leave saying goodbye for the time being, at least until we have another update.
>>
>>2036470
On another note, my uncle finally apologized and admitted that what happened was his foult, he even tried to convince us that we don't leave and that we are the only ones he can really rely on, but the damage is already done, and its official, we are leaving to our real home. Its going to take a few months before we can move to our home since it is still undergoing repairs, we still need to clean it, throw away trash and other stuff that is broken or that it doesn't have any use for us anymore, and buy new furniture, this is going to be a slow and tiring operation but my dad and I are sure this is for the best.
>>
>>2036483
By the way, I almos forgot, my cousin's coward husband (who is the real owner of the dogs) still hasn't showed his face nor apologized for what his dogs did to mine, in a way is for the best because I would most likely try to beat the shit out of him, he's lucky enough I didn't kill his dogs the moment all of this happened, even tough I was totally capable of doing so. Well, I don't know what my dad thinks, but my cousin, her husband, and their fucking dogs can go fuck themselves for all I care.
>>
Apology for poor english

Where were you when puppy dies?

I was sat at home shitposting when phone ring

"pup is kill"

"no"
>>
File: oso.png (17KB, 594x553px) Image search: [Google]
oso.png
17KB, 594x553px
>>2036470
>>2036483

I'm glad your pupper survived the initial attack and hope Oso gets better. That small dog deserves to have a long happy life.
>>
>>2034355
>>2036493
Sorry to hear about those shitty owners. Rottweilers are great dogs that get a bad rep when not trained/restrained properly. Hopefully your cute pup makes it through.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.