[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat really wants to go outside, but I'm afraid he'd

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20150926_220344_274.jpg (3MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150926_220344_274.jpg
3MB, 4160x3120px
My cat really wants to go outside, but I'm afraid he'd never come back. What do?
He grew up in a barn but he hasn't been outside since I adopted him back in mid-2015. Occasionally I'll hold him, go outside and walk around a little bit, but I won't let him down. I live right next to some busy roads, what happens if he gets squashed by a car?
Pic related, my cat.
>>
use a leash
>>
Play with him more. Distract him with treats until he settles down. Maybe get a cat harness and take him for walks. As annoying as it his is now, wouldn't you feel terrible if he got run over or eaten by coyotes or never came back?
>>
>>2033528
Cats always come back, unless you treat them bad.
>>
There's a roadkill thread up right now, maybe you should look into it.
>>
>>2033528
If you are concerned about the cars, get a cat leash and make a habit of taking him for walks.

Set aside time to play with him extensively
>>
>>2033528
A harness and leash is $15-20.
>>
I have a kitty that also likes to go out a lot. We have recently built an outdoors area he can play in and he has access to it 24/7, but before that I used to have him on a leash and harness that was quite long and allowed him to roam the yard and hide behind bushes. After a little while he would be sated for a few hours, and come back inside to sleep and eat.

It's not worth risking letting your cat roam free. Risks are too much; cars, disease from other cats, fighting with other cats, harming local wildlife, getting lost, etc.
>>
>>2033528
Leash time! Most people don't use leash for cats, but if you're afraid it will go outside use one. Or put a GPS on him (collar form).
>>
>>2033634
Come back on your cars tire maybe.
>>
Leash train. You can do that with a clicker. I did that with my old cat. It won't fix him wanting to go outside ALL the time. So you'll just have to play with him more until he's worn out.

After walks mine would still nag to go outside. Wasn't worth him knowing the outside. My current cat is a coward. So it's perfect for me.
>>
File: 71Rpd4aTgp-2.png (37KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
71Rpd4aTgp-2.png
37KB, 300x250px
>>2033529
>>2033730
>>2035066
>Leash
>Forcing your cat to be "that cat"
It's the equivelent of that kid forced to wear rubber boots after a little bit of rain, or when his mom drives up to the cool party and tells him to be home by nine.

If I see your faggy leashcat i'm gonna bully that faggot
>>
>>2035087
Better a faggy leashcat than a cat wearing its intestines outside its body m8.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.