[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grass for indoor cats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: deitado2-300x225.jpg (20KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
deitado2-300x225.jpg
20KB, 300x225px
I have 2 indoor cats, living in a huge apartment.

So recently I found pictures like this, of these large boxes of grass. I was considering making a sort of area for the cat with this kind of grass, because they are both very fond of grass, but the small pots of grass seem to die too quickly, because the cats straight up pull the grass and seeds out of the soil, no matter how long I let it grow before introducing it to them.

Where do I get something like this, or if I have to make it myself, what type of grass would be best suited for it?
>>
File: xDSC01140-1024x576.jpg (181KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
xDSC01140-1024x576.jpg
181KB, 1024x576px
>>2033390
Since you claim to have a huge apartment, get pic related and grow "grass" in it.
>>
>>2033400
I don't live in the states, so I don't have access to wallmart. The size also seems wonky, too tall, and actually a bit on the small side, considering I was hoping to plant more than just grass - a few flowers that cats can actually eat without causing health issues.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (93KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
93KB, 1280x720px
>>2033400
How big of an area do you want?
>>
File: DSCN3652-copy.jpg (95KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
DSCN3652-copy.jpg
95KB, 480x360px
They make ones like this too. Your cant can pretend it's a little mountain and they're overlooking a valley.
>>
>>2033390
You could always look for a plastic shoe box type box. This could work for a single cat, depending on the size.

Also what grass do you want to grow? A buckwheat, wheatgrass would be a good starting point. My cats just eat the grass and puke it up
>>
File: roofgarden.gif (59KB, 355x222px) Image search: [Google]
roofgarden.gif
59KB, 355x222px
>>2033409
It's possible OP.
>>
>>2033420
That actually looks neat as fuck, if only to add some variety to it, although I think my cats might have trouble doing anything but standing on that top.

I have some pretty large cats, size 7-9 kg, Siberian cats. I would want them to have at least some space to roll around on.

>>2033424
Might have found another variant though, because that one looks far larger, while also significantly smaller in height.

>>2033421
I plan on growing a combination of different grass, including Wheat, Lemongrass and Lavender, maybe a few other kinds of species.
>>
>>2033390
It looks like that might be fake grass op.
>>
I'm not sure why you'd want your cats puking indoors more often.

But you should grow some catnip in there too.
>>
>>2033390
Most of those are planted with "Cat grass" which is wheat grass, which only lives about 2 weeks.

Why not just build a wooden box, line it with plastic, fill it with dirt, and plant regular grass?
>>
>>2037358
Nigga fuck planting grass. Just lay some sod.
>>
>>2037433
Sod is expensive as hell where I live, and they don't sell small chunks like that.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.