[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parasite thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: lucky-more-mangoworm-than-dog.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lucky-more-mangoworm-than-dog.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
I find parasites to be very fascinating, what parasites have you or your pets had?

I've had tapeworms, pinworms, and ticks over the course of my life.

Also random parasite videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52E2GOamndw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrUlhufWlIA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfQC46XIsF0
>>
>>2032899
I know right? I love parasites.

I enjoy taking fleas off my cat, but I hate it when they bite me lol

By the way what's the best way to get rid of fleas forever? I put the treatment on my cat (liquid one) like 2 weeks ago and he has more already...
>>
> inb4 someone posts a pic of bugguy
>>
>>2032907
Get better flea treatment? I used to use the stuff from Costco for my cat, but it didn't work. I ended up getting some fancy brand my vet recommended.
>>
>>2032899

>tapeworms, pinworms

what's it's like being a fucking disgusting human bean?
>>
>>2032929
You probably have both right now. Everyone has parasites.
>>
>>2032929
I shower and groom myself every day, I havent gotten pinworms in years, when I was a kid and I played in the dirt I would get them ocassionally
>>
i was fucking eating toast with crunch peanut butter you savage fuck
>>
>>2033166
Nice dubs.
Also that sounds tasty.
>>
>>2032899
Hi bogleech
>>
>>2032951
Most people have hundreds of mites in their face alone, where they crawl through the follicles and pores, subsisting on tallow.
>>
>>2033323
neat, how do you know if you have mites?
>>
>>2033488
Everyone does, Anon. They live in your skin.
>>
>>2032899
I spent an hour last night watching that Gambian vet. Holy shit how horrifying yet fascinating.
>>
>>2033545
Why?
>>
File: 20151108_193536.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151108_193536.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
My dog will eat the fat ticks I pull off of her. It's kind of disgusting.

Pic related. It's my fat dog being lazy af
>>
>>2033323
CRAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIIIIN
>>
>>2032899
I've had way more parasites than my pets because I keep going to the tropics for work. The list includes:

>bicho do pe
>bot flies
>intestinal parasites
>regular fleas
>many, many, many ticks
>an equally absurd number of leeches
>chiggers
>jiggers
>other mites
>1 tapeworm
And that's just the stuff that lives on you. Factor in mosquitoes, assassin bugs, the butterflies and sweat bees that tried to drink my eyeballs, and the one time I was stupid and didn't sleep under a net and got bit by a vampire bat on my big toe and then had a hilarious trip to a Brazilian hospital for emergency rabies shots, then you've got a whole lot of things trying to feed off me.
>>
>>2033553
I used to be a vet tech. I thought the 2-3 bot flys I removed from a squirrel one time was bad. I now know I hadn't seen shit.
>>
File: 1314061705165.png (111KB, 198x238px) Image search: [Google]
1314061705165.png
111KB, 198x238px
>>2033615
>all dat shit
>1 tapeworm
I'm sorry, but I lol'd.
>>
>>2033615
The sweat bees don't seem so bad if you tear up for them and hope you don't get some kiind of disease.
>>
>parasite thread
How long has it been since Vlad the leech died? Does anyone remember what I'm talking about? Some anon took care of a leech for about a year and documented it on /an/ in an attempt to get over their fear of them. It was neat.
>>
>>2033709
I remember
>>
>>2033709
I didn't know Vlad died. What happened? old age, improper care?
>>
Various ichneumon wasps and tachinid flies, I rear a lot of lepidoptera
>>
>>2033747
Accidental suicide probably. Leeches can die from overfeeding. Not exactly the brightest creatures.
>>
>>2033709
>>2033747
>>2033870
What did they feed the leech exactly? [spoiler]Was it human blood?[/spoiler]
>>
>>2033909
Yep. His own.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4D-FKMYIvA
>>
>>2033615
OP here, I forgot to mention that I've also had leeches and chiggers before.
Damn, from what I'm reading you've been a five-star hotel for parasites. May I ask what you do for work?
>>
>>2033572
What a lazy bastard.
Also clean your floor, anon.
>>
>>2033572

>hardwood straight to concrete
>indoor brickwork

Your house will be gorgeous once it's done.
>>
File: fjdwieod.jpg (12KB, 175x205px) Image search: [Google]
fjdwieod.jpg
12KB, 175x205px
I remember having an insect like this in my ear once, it was biting my skin, what parasite is this?
>>
>>2035707
It's a tick. Hope you like Lyme disease.
>>
File: Engorged-Black-legged-tick.png (95KB, 248x183px) Image search: [Google]
Engorged-Black-legged-tick.png
95KB, 248x183px
>>2035707
A tick. They bite into you and suck your blood. The more they drink, the bigger they get, pic related.

I've found 2 on my before, and one near my dog's eye once, we didn't get Lyme disease though.

Apparently if you pull them out, their fangs can come off and stay in your skin, so you have to be careful of that.
>>
>>2033488
Get a piece of clear scotch tape. Slap it on your eyebrow. Leave it on for 45 to 60 minutes. Take it off, examine it under a microscope.
>>
>>2035716
Even worse when you're dealing with paralysis ticks.
>>
>>2035836
You don't wanna do that. Unless you don't what to sleep that is.
>>
>>2032907
after treatment lay some food grade diatomaceous earth on carpets furniture and bedding get it really in there. wait a day then vacuum. also mix a little in the foods
>>
>>2032899
nurgle pls
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.