[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know this is probably not the place for this but I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: dogfood.jpg (59KB, 849x633px) Image search: [Google]
dogfood.jpg
59KB, 849x633px
I know this is probably not the place for this but I've gradually been shifting away from feeding my dog bagged processed pebbles of food to a more wholesome diet. I know most of you don't care about this kind of stuff.

I actually care about my dog and love to know that he's being fed real food with real ingredients that I cook instead of mystery pebbles that supposedly have good ingredients.

For example, I just fed him dried beef jerky with butternutsquash soup drizzled on top and then anchovies on top. Anyone else do this?
>>
>>2032635
Hey fuck you faggot YOU'RE A FAGGOT FUCK YOU FAGGOT
>>
>>2032635
ugh, you're right to get away from kibble but for fucks sake dont feed your dog human food

look into the raw diet.
>>
>>2032635
you're a moron and a hipster, you know nothing of alternative species nutritional needs
>>
>>2032665
To be fair.

Beef jerky is dried meat. Good source of protein and it was as it seems to be according to what I read soaked in some butternut squash soup which is also a good ingredient. Most high quality expensive kibble has vegetables and fruits. So those are two very good combos and then the anchovies. Fish is great for dogs and anchovies are very healthy for them.

It was and is a nutritional healthy meal for a dog no matter how hipster.
>>
>>2032672
Beef jerky is cured by a chemical process you dumb fuck. "dried meat" my ass.
>>
File: 1264036373121.jpg (85KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1264036373121.jpg
85KB, 500x371px
>the random food i give my dog is so much healthier than government-regulated commercial food
>>
>>2032635
Do your research and find a good dry food.
Do you really think the dog gives a fuck that you're cooking for it?
>>
>>2032679
Depends of it's commercial beef jerky or if its homemade which I would guess the former is what the anon is using
>>
>>2032635
Look into raw diets.
Kibble isn't great, but what you're feeding is completely retarded.
>>
>>2032672
Veggies and fruit are usually only included as filer.
>>
>>2032855
Probably safer for it to get some fiber from vegetables than from ??? treated grass.
>>
If you're going to do something like this you may want to have blood work done on your dog every once in a while to make sure he's not deficient in anything.

Honestly nutrition stuff is such a hard thing to work with when it comes to any living being. Humans can barely feed themselves right let alone feed animals right.

I'm with the other anons. Research a good dry food brand, look into raw diet(there are some manufacturers for it), etc.

If you want to start getting all into your dog's diet stuff then have fun researching where your meat comes from, how they treat their steer, where the veggie, grains, etc come from. Or, just pay the price of food where the companies have already done that.
>>
>>2032635
Are those fucking waffles? Who the fuck wants to give their dog 'wholesome food' and thinks waffles?
>>
>>2032919
The same people who think kfc is wholesome.
>>
>>2032865
Carnivores don't really NEED fiber
>>
>>2032672
Jerky has fuckhuge amounts of salt.

>>2032855
Dogs are decently adapted to getting nutrients from fruits and veggies. It's a bigger issue with cats.
>>
>>2032970
Jerky is the universal name for any dried meat product. That's why "dried" was placed before the beef jerky so that ass tards like you could note the difference.
>>
>>2032919
What's not wholesome about homemade waffles?
>>
OP can you tell me what percentage of protein is in your food? Fat content? Vitamins? Minerals? How much you're feeding him? What his weekly diet is? What types of meat? Protip, different meats have varying levels of stuff in them.

No? You think just throwing "random meats and vegetables" at them is so much healthier?

Fuck off.
>>
>>2032635

Good Lord, thanks to hipster culture we've actually regressed 60 years to where the dog would just eat the human's leftovers.
>>
unbelievable unhealthy for your poor dog.
you dont deserve or should be allowed to keep a dog.

fuckface.
>>
>>2032635
http://youtu.be/I5ZeNLUEHKY

Video very relevant, be sure to watch to the end to hear what the least-healthy diet is for you pet.
>>
>falling for a bait thread this hard
/an/ons, pls
>>
>>2035306
>Twas merely a jest
But seriously there are people who try to give carnivores vegan diets.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.