[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I can't stand ferrets. After working in a pet store that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: buzz-max-ferret-bg.jpg (25KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
buzz-max-ferret-bg.jpg
25KB, 500x447px
I can't stand ferrets. After working in a pet store that had ferrets and also bearing witness to "ferret people" I only hate them all the more. Something about them just pisses me off. They're fucking annoying. Cute as very young babies because they have some semblance of chill but once they get a few more weeks old they're just obnoxious little shits. I remember I'd be cleaning out their disgusting litter box and they would leap onto the scooper, into their own fresh shit, trying to climb up my arm and bite me. They'd rip open the doggy bag full of their own shit and piss-soaked litter when I was trying to remove it from the cage and get it all over themselves and not even care, just blindly continuing to leap at me because they wanted to play. Not like they didn't already have a shitton of toys and hammocks and crap everywhere. Then they'd bite and scratch as I tried to clean up the fucking nasty mess they'd just made. DUMBASS FERRETS.

Plus they don't seem to form a connection with their owners at all. They couldn't give a shit less who owns them, only that they can be entertained wherever they are. That and they're so fucking dumb they'll just walk off huge ledges and fall. Useless animals. God I fucking hate ferrets.
>>
Are ferrets good for... anything?
>>
>>2032463
Hunting rabbits and other small animals. That's why they were domesticated. Though I think people use minks in the us now.
>>
I really want to see a ferret in real life. It feels weird that I never have.
Stupid California.
>>
They're not for everyone, and are definitely demanding pets.

But they have personalities and shit, just like cats. Some are antisocial spazzes, some are pretty chill and don't bite or tear shit up.

They're not good pets for kids, though.
>>
>>2032466
Ferrets have no predator drive. A wild rabbit would kick the shit out of a dumbass pet ferret. The stupid ferret would keep trying to play with it even if it was bleeding from a hole in its head.

>>2032471
They have personalities but don't have any of the affection of cats. Or dogs. Or even fucking guinea pigs or rats. Ferrets do not form a meaningful bond with their owner. All that matters to them is who or what's the most fun for them to play with.
>>
>>2032473
>Ferrets have no predator drive.
You're joking, right? They are as much as a killing machine as cats are.
>>
>>2032473
Are you retarded? ferrets have a fuckhuge predatory drive
>>
That's odd, OP. Ferrets are normally pretty clean animals. Only very young ferrets and/or those raised in a filthy and improper environment would run around in their own shit.

They're also nippy when young but they grow out of it.

They're definitely not for everyone though, that's for sure.

And I dunno what you're talking about about a lack of prey drive. Ferrets (most of them at least) absolutely have an intense prey drive. People still use them to hunt.
>>
Put a ferret outside and see if it survives on its own for a week.

Spoiler it won't.
>>
>>2032489
There are feral populations in New Zealand and Britain. They can live anywhere polecats live. Generally they only are invasive because similar native species out compete them like minks.
>>
>>2032473
>Ferrets have no predator drive. A wild rabbit would kick the shit out of a dumbass pet ferret. The stupid ferret would keep trying to play with it even if it was bleeding from a hole in its head.

Not sure if b8...

My pet ferret was cuddly and affectionate, very playful, but utterly lethal to other small mammals. She would slaughter rats and mice with great efficiency, and was excellent at chasing rabbits out of their burrows into nets.
>>
>>2032473
When I had guinea pigs they feared me for a long time, but after a month or so they would start crawling up on my mattess on the floor at night when they thought I was asleep, under the blankets, and huddle up under my ankles.
>>
>>2032473
Yes ferrets love who feed and play with them, much like cats dogs, and even a good amount of humans I'd say. Unless your parents mistreated you, you probably liked them as a kid.
Most ferrets do have a huge prey drive. I let mine outside and they tugged on the leash to try to get to rabbits/birds constantly.
>>2032485
This. I think that it's because you're talking about pet store ferrets. They probably get zero time outside a cage that's way too small. Any stimulation is probably a godsend. Having the same toys in your cage for months is different than human interaction. Lock yourself in a bathroom with a rubiks cube and a soccer ball and you'll know what I mean. The cage is probably already so small they have to sleep right next to the litterbox anyway, so why not try your best to interact with the only human they probably make contact with?
>>
>>2032507
So what? A terrier or a cat would still wreck a ferret's shit. Domesticated ferrets are the epitome of useless animal. I seriously doubt your ferret "hunted" anything. It was probably running after mice because it thought they were a toy.
>>
I lived with a ferret hoarder. She ran a non-profit ferret rescue and, while she did provide good veterinary care for her 10+ ferrets, the entire house stank of ferret piss and shit. She had a constant cough and, when I suggested that maybe all the ammonia from the ferrets + two cats was causing it, she went ballistic.

She still runs the ferret rescue, last I heard. I'm so glad to be out of there.
>>
>>2032671
A terrier or a cat COULD wreck a ferret's shit, just as a ferret could wreck a terrier or a cat's shit. I know somebody who runs a ferret shelter, but she also has a dog. They normally get along well but one time the dog started growling at them so a ferret bit at his eye and throat and they had to rush him to the emergency vet. Luckily he was fine, but now only their other dog plays with the ferrets.
Also, I'm not that anon. But so what if it's chasing it because it thinks it's a toy? People train bird dogs with toys that look like birds all the time.
>>2032682
The person I was talking about above that runs the shelter; she runs it out of her basement. She had over 50 ferrets this summer and the house still just smelled like smoke and frebreeze as usual. Smoke is good at masking scents, but at the ferret boarding place the lady had about 10-15 when I visited. It didn't smell like anything in her house really.
>>
>>2032455
Generally the owners of ferrets are the whitest of white trash juggalos with tattoos on their ankles.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.