[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
i'm freakin out /an/
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /an/ - Animals & Nature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Feel free to minimize this stupid thread. It's gonna be pointless and long.

So I'm in search of a dog, right? But I'm going on vacation for the next two weeks, so it's a bad idea to bring any new dog with me that I don't know and can't leave at the home of the peeps I'm staying with because idk what the fuck he'd do plus they have a dog plus we're already bringing the bf's dog.

So my only option here is to wait two weeks, right?
And I found this piece of shit (I say this lovingly) two days ago on the day he was due to be euthanized, but he's an hour away and bf said not to go get him cuz we're about to go on vacation. Needless to say I cried a little on the inside, called the shelter about 6 times, no response, emailed them twice and contacted them on facebook, no response, so I let it go thinking he was put down. pic. fucking. related. I wanted him so bad ;-;

So today I find him on fucking craigslist because he's not getting along with the adopter's cats. But I still have to wait because I'm going on vacation. Adopter says he's not neutered, he's gotten along fine with about 10 dogs he's introduced him to, he knows it's bad when he goes in the house, and he's great on car rides which is key to me since I love taking my boys out exploring.

But before all this happened, I found another lil baby on petfinder and spoke to the owner of the small rescue that she runs. It's a weimaraner/yellow lab mix, about a year old, healthy, but very freaking shy, definitely has fear issues. I'm still holding on to him because of his weim side because that's my kinda breed, ya know? I don't really know if he's crate/potty trained. I don't know if he's good in cars. I've tried to get in touch again with her to ask her all these questions, but I feel like I'm pestering her and she's not responding.

Is this a fucking no-brainer, guys? Slap me out of this, /an/.
Tarzan is the retriever mix, Gizmo is the weim/lab mix.
>>
Both agreed to keep in touch for the next two weeks. Tarzan's adopter is looking to see if he can get his girlfriend to take him til I can get him. Gizmo is just str8 up up for adoption or foster, no hold on him.
>>
>>
Get both, faggot.
>>
File: download.jpg (33 KB, 632x420) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
download.jpg
33 KB, 632x420
This is Gizmo.
>>2031908
I wish, faggot. ;-;
>>
Get none, faggot.
>>
Sorry to be a dick, but the fact that you're so focused on getting a new dog even with a long vacation on the immediate horizon, and still looking while on vacation, tells me you need to wait a month. You're in the "zone" and you need to snap out of it and make sure you don't make any impulse adoptions.Get over your obsession first, then start looking again.

The worst thing you can do for a pet is buy it a whim because you're all hyped up. That hardly ever ends well.
>>
If you had to choose from these two, I'd go for Tarzan. Not only could he easily end up back on death row or passed from hand to hand, but he sounds like the more stable of the two by far. The other dog sounds like she's going to take a lot of work to get her socialised. You got the money to neuter him/vet check/get him utd on shots and everything?
>>
Wait until you get back. It would be cruel to the dog to make adoption, which is already a stressful situation, worse by not letting it settle down. It will need a few days to explore and get used to his new home. Being on the road and all the craziness that comes with going on vacation is stressful enough for dogs that are already used to you. Go, have fun, then when you come back you can get a new dog.

If one dog but not the other is still there, it's fate. If both are, you will have had 2 weeks to think about which one you want. If neither are there, you can find another
>>
>>2031914
Sorry read the second dog as "she" for some reason.
>>
I'd say to hold off on getting a dog until after your vacation. That way the dog won't be too stressed out and there will be more time to think about which dog you'll get. Hope this helps!
>>
>>2031912
Fair point, then again I wouldn't be taking him on vacation and I've already been waiting about a year and a half. I'm just pouncing on this guy because I thought he was dead. But you're right, I'm hyped. This is all riding on the meet n greet with my dog tomorrow, though. I'm not crazy impulsive, I let the adopter know that I need to see him first, his disposition, his temperament, spend a little time with him and see how he does with my bf's dog before I commit to a decade at least with a poochie pooch. I think I know what I'm getting into and what I can handle. Hopefully he's what I'm looking for. If not, Gizmo is always there. If not, I can wait and scoop a weim or some other cutie up when the time comes.
>>2031914
I definitely have the money to get him neutered and shots, he's already supposedly up to date, but I'm still getting him checked when I get him neutered. I just would hate to have another dog with heartworm like our first one and not have help from a shelter to pay for treatment.
>>2031915
Oh yeah, def. I'm not taking that dog with me on vacation, not knowing him and what he's like and how he reacts to everything we'll be doing. Him not being neutered screams marking indoors and humping the female he would be meeting if he came along, so nah. Not to mention it would be super confusing.
>If one dog but not the other is still there, it's fate. If both are, you will have had 2 weeks to think about which one you want. If neither are there, you can find another
This is what I keep telling myself.
>>2031993
I basically have to wait the two weeks.
>>
When I ask him about heartworm this is what I get:
>the shelter de-wormed him and i don't think he's been on preventative and I haven't given him any
Fucken shet :|
This kinda puts a damper on things. I can't do heartworm again. Idk if I'm ready for that. Shit can run up to $400+ in treatment. What are the chances a 2 year old stray doesn't have heartworm :|

Shelter just called back, they're high kill so they don't have a vet on staff and don't check for that. -_____- poop
I'm listening to his heart tomorrow since I already set up the meet n greet. Even then he could still have it. I can absorb this cost, but dang. This was already way too complicated. Hype is gone ;-;
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
Thread DB ID: 387978



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.