[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

neutering options

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: 1451875988451770457426.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1451875988451770457426.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
I have a shiba puppy who is 7 months old now and needs to be neutered. I was thinking about stud service for him since he has champ blood line and akc papers...but idk. Anyways, is it better to get him fixed at a vet or a shelter? Any experiences?
>>
>sage
>minimize
>>
>>2030023
Please don't neuter an animal who isn't finished growing.

If you want to use him as a stud, he needs to get his OFA certifications to make sure his hips and elbows are excellent, among other things.
>>
>>2030029

This. Wait until he's 12 months before neutering him. A vet will cost more, but you'll get better followup than a spay/neuter clinic run by a shelter. It's not an expensive surgery anyway.

If you're going to breed him, don't be a douche...get his hips/eyes/etc certified at the very least. That shit costs more money than you probably spent on him. Unless he's a show champion himself (or unless you plan to title him in obedience/agility/rally-o or train him as a therapy dog) there's really no point in breeding him. To be responsible and do it right is crazy expensive and time consuming. If he's just your pet then snip him and let him be.
>>
Cool thanks guys
>>
>>2030036
>>2030029
Should probably only breed if you know the health of the parents too
>>
>>2030029
>Please don't neuter an animal who isn't finished growing.
I love how /an/ thinks neutering early stunts growth.

the opposite is true, dogs neutered early grow larger.
>>
>>2030043
I never said it stunted growth.
>>
The stud thing was just somthing i was thinking about.Vet recommend I neutered him sooner than later. They're charging 480. One of the helpers gave me a site to get a coupon from but I forgot. I just want him to be healthy. His company helps me a lot y'know?
>>
>>2030036
12mth rule only really applies for giant sized breeds. The standard age of desexing at my vet clinic is 6 months. If you wait too long they end up with a gross saggy scrotum when the balls are removed.
>>
>>2030061
$480? holy shit, where do you live?

I live in america and I paid $150 for my dog to be neutered. spaying is a little higher because it's more invasive.
>>
>>2030070
I live in America too ha. I was a little shocked when they gave me the price. That's why I was asking if I should stay with the vet or go to a shelter. I'm open to what you guys have to say.
>>
>>2030078
someone's trying to rip you off, vets (in my experience) are bad for this

shouldn't cost anywhere near that much
>>
>>2030023
Why the fuck are vets so expensive? If neutering really cost 500 dollars a dog, how the FUCK can neut clinics afford to do it for 20 dollars? We had our vet evaluate how much it'd cost to have our dog neutered, and the vet said 500 dollars for something the clinic could do to her for 30.
Somebody said something about followups, but you're gonna have to pay for that too. It's not worth it.
>>
>>2030302
This!! My old vet expected us to pay 480 and tried pressuring us into neutering our golden at 6 months. The cheapest I've found is 390. I'll probably get him done at the humane society where it's like 70
>>
>>2030078
Unless you have an adult male dog with a retained testicle still in his abdomen and they HAVE to do a pretty invasive surgery it should never cost that much jfc. Take him to the humane society.
>>
>>2030061
>They're charging 480.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? Do you live in some isolated shack where they have to fly out to you? Oh my god. My sister (vet) neutered my dog on the kitchen counter. That is how simple that surgery is. Someone is ripping you off.
>>
>>2030065
>12mth rule only really applies for giant sized breeds.

Can't speak for the broad range of giant breeds, but I know Great Pyrenees is 18 months for females, 2 years for males. I have a 10 month old girl running around now. We'll have to deal with at least 1 heat before we can spay her. Looking forward to that cleanup.
>>
>>2030323
>My sister (vet) neutered my dog on the kitchen counter.

Yeah, that's real fuckin hygienic
>>
>>2030023
>champ blood line

Unless that champ blood comes from both his parents that doesn't mean shit. And even then two champs can pump out a shit dog still.
>>
>>2030302
Low cost clinics get grants and often have lower quality monitoring during surgery and follow up, that's why they can afford to do it for "cheaper".
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.