[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat just got diagnosed with kidney failure. He's been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: kidney-beans[1].jpg (80KB, 417x313px) Image search: [Google]
kidney-beans[1].jpg
80KB, 417x313px
My cat just got diagnosed with kidney failure. He's been on IV fluids the last 30 or so hours and got most of his friskiness back, but the vet said death is imminent but couldn't pinpoint how long he would have. He's 15 and a half years old. For anyone who's had this happen what's the time frame your cat lasted? I'm not expecting more than a couple days right now, but I guess there are some medicines to keep them comfortable and going a little longer, weeks or maybe months? Just want to set a realistic expectation here since it came on so suddenly in the first place it caught me off guard. I don't even know how long it's been going on behind the scenes since he never showed any symptoms.
>>
my dog went through organ failure and lasted a month after he was diagnosed.

but, if I had known, and I was given the choice (neither of those things happened), I would have let him go as soon as I found out. my dad hid it from me and I had no idea how much pain he was in. he was having seizures, he had a collapsed lung, he couldn't eat, he was incontinent.

please don't make your cat suffer any more, OP. I know it's hard. please let him go. he's hurting.
>>
>>2029052
I'm sorry about your dog. If mine was suffering badly I would have to call it, but right now he seems to be on the mend from the initial blow. He was walking all around and being playful and swatting at leaves, but the vet said there is a risk he could collapse in 48 hours, or not, it just depends if his fluids dip too low. I haven't brought him home yet, but I'm going to stay at home full time to keep an eye on him when he comes back. I really just want a few more nights with him, give him some tuna, make him happy. I guess right now there's no way to know how far his kidneys have gone, but I'm going to get him looked at on Monday when the non-emergency vet opens again.
>>
my cat had liver failure as well, he died during the feeding tube sugery, but his condition declined gradually over about 2 weeks.
>>
>>2029082
animals hide pain very well. if he could collapse in 48 hours, there's no way he's not hurting, OP.

my point was that, even if someone comes into this thread and gives you the answer that you want to hear--"weeks or maybe months"--he's going to be in pain for that time. why would you do that to your pet? so you can feel better while he's in pain?

someone posted something on this board a little while ago that really stuck with me: pets don't really have a concept of how many good days they might have in relation to their bad days. all they have is what's happening to them right then. a pet can't wake up feeling miserable and think, "well I might feel better tomorrow" or "at least I felt good yesterday" or "at least my good days are outweighing my bad ones". all they know is that they're in pain, and they don't know why.

you know why.

right now the reason is "his kidneys are failing". are you going to wait long enough for the reason to become "because I'm selfish"?
>>
>>2029090
animals don't hide pain very well, all species capable of it are pretty obvious when they have it.

cats aren't one of those species, they don't have pain.
>>
>>2029095
They do feel pain, believe me
>>
>>2029104
come on man, don't respond to him
>>
>>2029095
lucky for them they can be spared the painful inanity of your fucking comments
>>
>>2029095
Drinking again ?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.