[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never had a pet but adopted a six months old cat about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (32KB, 448x298px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 448x298px
I've never had a pet but adopted a six months old cat about two days ago after dweling on the subject for about a year. I've heard a lot about how a pet should help lonely people and/or suffering from depression. Should have been great but so far it has given me nothing but anxiety. I'm not feeling attached and have no idea what to do with her.

Everyone knows I have a cat already but how bad would it look if I gave up and brought her back to the shelter or something?
>>
catfags, when will they ever learn?
>>
>>2027956
how retarded are you pham?
>>
You have to give it more than 2 days dude. The cat is anxious too and needs time to adjust to his new home. Once he has done that, he is more likely to be affectionate and stuff which is what commonly helps with depression. You also need time to adjust. Give it 2 or 3 weeks. You owe yourself and the cat that much
>>
>>2027956
What are you feeding it? Is it using the litterbox? How are it's poops? Why are you anxious?
>>
>I've never had a pet but adopted a six months old cat about two days ago
>two days

>I'm not feeling attached and have no idea what to do with her.
>adopted a six months old cat about two days ago

You should actually give it away just because it needs a better owner. God damn, OP. Just baka tbqh faam.
>>
>>2027956
>two days ago
basically what you're experiencing is pet postpartum

just give it a while.

also get a dog instead. dogs are better.
>>
Cats are the total opposite of affectionate. They will act like you're not there and pretend you don't exist. If you feel inadequate already, well fuck. Prepare to feel even worse, lol
>>
Nut the fuck up and take of that damn cat. You've had it for two days and you're expecting to be in love with it? Stop. Seriously. You're obligated to take care of the cat. If you give it love, you will get love. Cats can be incredibly affectionate to those that take the time to take care of them.
>>
>>2027998
>>2029186
These
>>
>>2029186
>>2029186
>If you give it love, you will get love
This. Just wait til your cat gives you eye kisses, it's adorable. You can slowly blink back at them and they'll reciprocate. Scratch its sweet spots too, like the base of the tail, under the chin, and the back of the ears; they really appreciate that. I miss mine, coyotes killed him just after Christmas.
>>
File: 1438495782878.jpg (17KB, 243x262px) Image search: [Google]
1438495782878.jpg
17KB, 243x262px
>>2029392
>I miss mine, coyotes killed him just after Christmas.
And why did this happen?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.