[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HORSE GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 85

lets have a 3rd edition of the longest living thread on /an/

so HOERS THREAD!
old thread >>1891337

anyon holds any? rides any?
anything Horse and their shit goes in here

HORSE GENERAL IN THIS BITCH
>>
File: 1184294-bigthumbnail.jpg (107KB, 450x371px) Image search: [Google]
1184294-bigthumbnail.jpg
107KB, 450x371px
by the way,
can anyone help me with picking a mane-style?
I want to do the mane somehow, but I want something... more unique...
>>
well, anyway, if anyone has some nicely looking mane-styles they would like to share, feel free!

extra points for horse related infographics and guides.
>>
So what is the most outlandish breed of horse? The one that makes you think that science has gone too far.
>>
>>1945092
I don't think the horse threat was longer than the cheetah thread a few years ago.
>>
File: Dagat-Geli.jpg (236KB, 900x684px) Image search: [Google]
Dagat-Geli.jpg
236KB, 900x684px
>>1945130

Ahkal Tekes are weird as hell, and finding a good one (even by their wonky standards) is tough because so much breeding focus these days is on superficial things like how shiny the coat is. That people act like they're beyond reproach because it's an ancient breed doesn't help.
>>
>>1945130
Any horse that's bred for aesthetics and not athletics.

Some breeders have created really fucked up looking horses, which carry a multitude of health problems for the horse.
>>
>>1945308

>Obligatory Kids Classic Style

Perpetually crippled beef cow that died prematurely due to his terrible ligaments. He sired nearly 800 foals and is still held up as a standard.
>>
>>1945096

What's your discipline?
>>
>>1945130

Fatty halter QHs, those weird snakey halter Arabians, or those poor fucked up miniature horses with dwarfism. But those are the minority even within their breed, I don't think horses really have an entire breed that's the equivalent of pugs or British bulldogs. Most horses are working animals, they can't be bred into really outlandish shapes except for those owned by a handful of rich people who literally just want to lead them around a show ring to win prizes.
>>
>>1945547

Minis are headed that way pretty quick. Some are still used as children's mounts/driving horses, but the majority are bred and sold to be either halter class or pasture pets. Soundness takes a back seat in that breed more widely than any other.
>>
>>1945312
>>1945276
Why god why. I know that rich people are willing to do anything to stand out of the pack but couldn't they just breed for outlandish coat patterns, manes or whatever, not gross physical deformations.
>>
>>1945781
>breed for outlandish coat patterns, manes or whatever
They do, but many of the outlandish patterns also come with genes that tend to be lethal or crippling; which makes pretty colors difficult to breed for.
>>
>>1945848

They do sometimes, as in the case of lethal white syndrome, but more often than not the issue with color breeding is people picking breeding stock based on nothing but the color and ending up with a anatomical nightmare of a foal.
>>
>>1945332
dressage mainly.
I'm also doing a lot of trail riding/hacking.
so I want it to still be functional at keeping flies in check.
>>
This was a sad time for horses.
>>
Is an horse a athlete
>>
I want to fuck a horse.
>>
>>1947973
We all do anon.....we all do.
>>
File: 1432668095466-1.jpg (66KB, 405x408px) Image search: [Google]
1432668095466-1.jpg
66KB, 405x408px
Is there a term for how a horse's muzzle generally fades from its coat colour to a dark grey?

It's the reason I like bay or black coats the most, because you don't really see that fade.
>>
File: Mammoth donkey.jpg (1MB, 2000x1494px) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth donkey.jpg
1MB, 2000x1494px
Can big asses join the thread?
>>
>>1948356
not necessarily
some noses are light pink, some are white even.
a dark coat can have either.
a light coat can have dark grey nuzzles.
>>
File: Water-Horse-face.jpg (104KB, 612x900px) Image search: [Google]
Water-Horse-face.jpg
104KB, 612x900px
>>1948519
Why are Horse muzzles so soft and nuzzleable?
>>
File: Mammoth donkey6.jpg (106KB, 336x392px) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth donkey6.jpg
106KB, 336x392px
>>1949323
Cause they're basically big ass lips.
>>
>>1949323
that's a good question...

but it's basically a huge lip. since they use them to get a feel for the grass, and there are also taste/smell buds in there. since horses can't see what's in front of their noses, they rely on that feel they get from brushing their noses against the material in question, so it has to stay soft and sensitive.

horse kisses are best kisses.
>>
File: Hoi.jpg (53KB, 600x556px) Image search: [Google]
Hoi.jpg
53KB, 600x556px
>>1950799
>horse kisses are best kisses.

Seemingly awkward at first but when they trust you and relax with their faces resting against yours: It's glorious and their mutual affection is like basking in the warmth of the Sun.
>>
>>1950799
>>1951179
You guys are freaks, literally sound way too involved with an animal
>>
File: White-Horse-01-1050x1680.jpg (354KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
White-Horse-01-1050x1680.jpg
354KB, 1680x1050px
>>
>>1951204
no it sounds like you don't know enough about animals.

You're the freak. Educate yourself.
>>
>>1951204
I'm fairly certain it's one single anon that samefags alot.
>>
File: Horseface.jpg (70KB, 498x700px) Image search: [Google]
Horseface.jpg
70KB, 498x700px
>>1951204
>>1951479
>>
File: island wallpaper.jpg (115KB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
island wallpaper.jpg
115KB, 1400x1050px
>>1951204
>literally sound way too involved with an animal
>Says this on the /an/ board
Hmm...
>>
File: Arabianoutstandinginafield.jpg (290KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Arabianoutstandinginafield.jpg
290KB, 1600x1200px
>>
soo does anyone else here ride bitless? personally i think if you train with bits you're retarded.
>>
>>1952353
One of the best instructors I ever had was a participant in the Olympics in the 60s. She made us do simple dressage exercises with dropping the reins. So much of the legs and weight shifting go into riding.
>>
>>1952399
you can teach your horse to do just about anything, even complex dressage maneuvers, using nothing but leg and weight cues. add a hackamore and you can do everything you can do using a bit but you aren't putting your horse at risk to injure their mouths. i think its so ridiculous how many people in the horse world think bits are a necessary part of horsemanship when they've been shown to cause so much pain.
>>
>>1952345
>Horse is on it's own with the lead chain just hanging there
It's like trigger discipline for /an/ people.
>>
>>1951204
No, they sound like women. Women like kissing horses and cats and stuff, leave them be.
>>
>>1952407

>you can do everything you can do using a bit but you aren't putting your horse at risk to injure their mouths

Instead there's a risk to the nerve endings, cartilage, and fragile nasal passage bones.

It's a myth that bits are inherently cruel and hackamores are inherently kind. Both are gentle or harsh based upon the hands of the rider, but the hackamore in the hands of someone inexperienced or rough can do a lot more damage than your typical bit (even a curb) can.
>>
File: horse tip toeing.gif (2MB, 219x128px) Image search: [Google]
horse tip toeing.gif
2MB, 219x128px
Why is this horse walking like this?
>>
>>1953066
freakin adorable. maybe it has a bloated stomach or a full bladder, and really doesn't want to bounce its body too much? or, it's trying to be cheeky?
>>
>>1953066
I think it's the particular breed
>>
>>1953066
there are some horses that have a certain gait called racking. i don't know much about it, but it's so that the rider doesn't bounce when the horse is moving fast. there are some neat videos on youtube of it.
>>
Horses are cute i'd like to have one.
>>
>>1953066
he's just trying to move fast, but doesn't break into running yet.
he can o it like that because he's still relatively light and can move his limbs quickly. I've seen foals doing it a lot, but once they get older it kinda becomes inefficient for them to move that way and they break into strides instead.
>>
>>1952472
rather true lol.

although it does depend on your relationship with a horse. if you can't fully count on him that he's not just gonna go cat style, then keep him on a leash.

I know I can walk my horse without the halter. even if he stops for some grass, once I get 10 meter away he's gonna run to me.
when I get him out of the pasture he walks himself to his own stall just fine.

but yeah, I wouldn't do it with just any horse.

>>1952979
there is truth there, but as we all know even most mild bits in wrong hands can do a lot of harm.
I really do like hackamores. my horse is kept in check and he responds to my slightest ques.
to keep him from becoming desensitized I do use bits and bitless bridles and hackamores interchangeably, like one day I'll use bits, the other day I'll go bitless. then next day bit again, and on the third, only with a rope and no bridle.

the more you use the reins the less they use their brains.
>>
>>1952979
yeah but the thing is that people who use bits are probably more likely to think that they need to brute force your horse into doing shit. it takes a lot more to fuck up with a hackamore/rope halter than it does to fuck up with even a regular bit. like you have to be trying really hard to do that. but if you pull too hard on a bit you could injure their tongue or teeth, all it takes it one slip up or knee jerk reaction. i never said that bits are always cruel and hackamores are always good anyways but i just think bits are unnecessary when you can do everything without using one. also i think it takes better horsemanship to teach your horse to respond to a hackamore or a rope or your legs than to just teach them to be afraid of the pain of the bit.
>>1953698
this guy knows what i was trying to say i think.
>>
File: CWFContinentalKing4.jpg (190KB, 700x525px) Image search: [Google]
CWFContinentalKing4.jpg
190KB, 700x525px
also is blue roan the best horse color or is blue roan the best? i cant decide...
>>
>>1953712
>not chestnut pinto
>not dun
>not dapple gray

It's like you hate style.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 535x569px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 535x569px
>>1953712
Blue and strawberry roan are my favorites. A close second is chocolate with a flaxen mane (as s even in the Kentucky Mountain Saddle horse; my favorite breed).
>>
>>1953746
oh wow thats a really pretty horse, I've never heard of it before. reminds me of a rocky mountain horse, im guessing they're closely related? they're one of my favorites too
>>
>>
File: draft horse.png (1MB, 616x624px) Image search: [Google]
draft horse.png
1MB, 616x624px
>>
>long ago
>go to friend's house to check out horses
>horse tries starting fight
>with a donkey
>donkey eventually kicks and scares him off
Dumb fucker

horses are cute though. I prefer donkeys.
>>
File: BwcMmz3IEAIh2j-.jpg large.jpg (112KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
BwcMmz3IEAIh2j-.jpg large.jpg
112KB, 960x720px
>>
File: 2873472665_7e77b8b456_b.jpg (258KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
2873472665_7e77b8b456_b.jpg
258KB, 1024x682px
>>
>>1954467
>>1954469
>>1954472
How is cutting off its tail not considered mutilation?
>>
>>1954546

It is illegal in quite a few places, but not everywhere. Very few of the horses you see with it are actually plough horses who are out being worked hard every day by some grim-faced farmer who has no time to spare to braid/wrap/tie up their tail or simply trim down the long hair every couple of weeks, it's often just done because it shows off how muscular they are. I don't like it myself, horses can get really agitated by biting flies and they use their tails to whisk them away.
>>
>>1953066
It's a paso fino, a gaited breed.
>>
File: perfectboardweb.jpg (88KB, 600x523px) Image search: [Google]
perfectboardweb.jpg
88KB, 600x523px
>>1955077

Every demonstration of their gaits that I can find seems to be specifically aiming for a hollow back and lack of collection (not surprising since they're trying to keep the stride as stilted as possible, I suppose). I can't imagine these guys don't have massive issues with their joints and spines.
>>
I have a question for horse owners in the US of A
How much do you pay to get your horse shoed on all fours?
>>
>>1956037
my horses are barefoot.
so 20$ for hoofacure every two months or so.
>>
>>1956037
Dunno how prices are overseas, but here in Portugal I've seen people paying like 50€ or so to put horseshoes on all hooves.
>>
File: rollin_hoers.jpg (81KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
rollin_hoers.jpg
81KB, 720x540px
>been learning to ride for roughly a year, only once per week
>always been a complete klutz with no motor coordination
>slowly getting better
>tfw starting to gallop properly
>tfw recently managed to make the horse turn without using the reins at all

Holy hell, this feels fucking amazing, /an/!
I would post a pic of the horse I ride, but I don't have any atm. Have a silly rolling horse instead.
>>
>>1959057
heh, in spanish riding school we learn to control the horse not using the reins as one of the first basics. it's very VERY important. managing to control a horse with nothing else than your own bodyweight and very small ques is not only important, but also feels very awesome. when you can get on the horse bareback, w/o bridle, stirrups -- w/o anything at all and ride just fine is really liberating and very nice feeling.

ofc you need to be really in harmony with your horse.
>>
>>1962453
I always did have some trouble with using too much the reins. My teacher would sometimes insist that I use it less, but I instinctively went back to using them more than necessary - then, out of the blue, I guess it just clicked. Guess I should try doing that of controlling without holding the reins at all, someday. Or at least holding them loose, in case the horse spazzes out at something unexpected.
>>
>>1962483
well if the horse loses his head all of a sudden, reins won't help you either. balance, on the other hand, is what would prove to be much more useful.

always remember - the more you use the reins, the less they use their brains.
>>
>>1962564
True, I guess, but if the horse bolts off, I don't really know how else I'd stop it or slow it down without using reins. Might just be because I don't have a lot of experience yet, but I'm really not seeing it.
>>
>>1962568
you gotta understand, that in the moment the horse freaks out, nothing will stop it. he can pull the reins out of your hand, he can buck you off,, and he will run to the last known safe place.
the trick is to get the horse to trust you, if you are afraid you won't be able to control him.
horse can pretty much feel your confidence and state of your mind. if he freaks out, and you freak out along, you tense up your muscles and he can feel it very well. he's gonna instinctively feel that he's all by himself now, because the little thing on his back is freaked out as well, so getting him in line won't be easy. as I said, it might result in skin burns, or minor fractures.
but when you are relaxed and chill, you will make your horse feel relaxed too. if you have his trust, he will follow you. hence, when he freaks out, he's just gonna jump a feet or two away, but that's about it. unless he feels that you are as freaked as him, he's just gonna take you to the sunset and no reins will help you either.

horses eyes can cover a very large field of view. I've seen many times horse having his head as high as it's possible, 90 degrees to the side, and still striding straight a body line, because as long as he can see a way his hoofs are gonna take, he's going that way.

basically, yeah, you need experience and trust. building a relationship with a horse is not an easy feat. with those horses at the riding schools, which are getting 3-4-5-10 riders a day, I'd say it's an impossible task. those horses are so used to inexperienced riders that the trust is a lost thought to them.

stay relaxed and flexible, hold the reins firmly and hands softly. stay calm. and enjoy :)
>>
What horse is best for muscle stimulation?
>>
>>1963249
I think I get what you mean :) fortunately I've never really freaked out while on horseback, not have had any reasons to. Maybe I shouldn't worry about that too much.
>>
>>1963351
well of course you are (relatively) safe while riding in the places that are very well familiar to the horse, and horses are very chill in their known surrounding.
but what I mean is, when you end up in unknown places to the horse, trail riding or so, he needs to know that you will take care of the situation and make the right choices to ensure his wellbeing and protect him.
>>
>>1962568

If you're really in trouble, like if the horse is heading for a road, brace yourself against the horse's neck with one hand and haul back on one rein only. Stopping a bolting horse with brute strength isn't going to work, but turning its head and redirecting it somewhere safer can work (or throw the horse off balance, which can slow it, but also potentially cause it to trip and fall). But if there's no immediate danger, yeah, you're better off staying relaxed and confidently taking up, tightening and repeatedly slackening the reins rather than hauling back constantly. If you seem like you know what you're doing, a freaked-out horse is more likely to take cues from you.

I've also met a couple of naughty ponies that learned they could scare their child riders by pretending to bolt so their rider would get frightened, climb off, burst into tears and refuse to get back on, and the pony could go back to the stable and chill. I used to make those cheeky little fucks finish what they had started and gallop at turbo speed until they were worn out, they soon learned that bolting meant more work for them, not less.
>>
>>1963415
>>I've also met a couple of naughty ponies that learned they could scare their child riders by pretending to bolt so their rider would get frightened, climb off, burst into tears and refuse to get back on, and the pony could go back to the stable and chill. I used to make those cheeky little fucks finish what they had started and gallop at turbo speed until they were worn out, they soon learned that bolting meant more work for them, not less.
Huh, I thought ponies had all the smarts bred out of them.
>>
>>1963520
the reality is quite opposite to cartoon shows. there's little to no glamour with ponies.
unless you are keeping them as an eye candy. working with them is a PAIN IN THE ASS.
I'd rather be breaking in a new horse than having a work pony.
they are, in their best, the definition of stubborn. with a personality of a borderline spoiled 10 year old little shit.
>>
File: shireandshetlandpony.jpg (36KB, 468x405px) Image search: [Google]
shireandshetlandpony.jpg
36KB, 468x405px
>>1963520
>>1963546
>>1963415

Well, who actually trains ponies to do anything? They're definitely up there in intelligence scale and people often just toss their children on them as their only real trainers.
>>
>>1963815
I knew someone that helped train them to be service animals. They're really smart, and can get bored very easily. So when someone gets a pony for their kid and just throws them out in a field to fuck around, they develop undesirable behaviors. It's the same with the smarter breeds of dogs

Unless you're willing to put in the time to train a pony, you really shouldn't get one
>>
>>1963520

Pony breeds actually tend to be more intelligent overall than horse breeds are, they're notoriously wily little fucks. True ponies (as opposed to just small horses) tend to be native breeds that are adapted to living in their environment with minimal human care (hence why they're short and stocky), so they're generally less docile, more able to take care of themselves and not so easily spooked as horses are, similar to donkeys in many ways.

Of course, there are exceptions and there are some horse breeds that are known for being smart, but for the most part, ponies are like the little monsters that we threw out into the wilds so only the most cunning and evil have survived. And then we sit our children on them.
>>
>>1964118
>Implying you wouldnt put your first born on a unbroken yearly pony like a true mongorian
>>
>>1964118
>ponies are like the little monsters that we threw out into the wilds so only the most cunning and evil have survived. And then we sit our children on them.
We carry out natural selection on them, they carry out natural selection on us. I like the symmetry.
>>
>>1963815

>and here I was thinking all ponies were just horses with 'small' genes or dwarfism.

the more you know
>>
ponies are evil fucks.
although they can be very well trained.
although too, you could train two horses to the same level in the time you'd spend training the pony.
>>
>>1964254

To be fair, the horse world doesn't make it easy. There are two definitions of pony- the first is simply any horse under a certain height (usually 14.2 hands or approximately 148cm at the shoulder), so you could have two examples of the same breed and call one a pony and the other a horse because there's a 2" difference in their height. Small height is very rarely related to dwarfism though with the exception of miniature horses, an already tiny breed who are the only breed small and light enough that also being afflicted with dwarfism isn't always a death sentence. It's still pretty damaging when dwarfism does express in miniature horses, but they can usually live comfortably if they're only lightly affected. A full-size horse with even the mildest form of dwarfism would usually be put down as soon as possible, horse anatomy is just not forgiving when it comes to spinal/leg deformities.

The other definition, which people are using here, is a distinct type of small horse with a short, stocky build and a bushy mane and tail. They're usually hardy and intelligent as the various pony breeds were developed from naturally occurring landraces and many of them still live in a semi-feral state today. They're not necessarily tiny dwarf horses either, large ponies can be comfortably ridden by many adults.
>>
>>1963249
Just use a gag bit imo.

Easier that way.
>>
File: pitpony.jpg (99KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
pitpony.jpg
99KB, 1280x720px
>>1964811
Ponies had hard-ass lives from 1850's-1950's, and further back as being left for dead (shetland, iceland, some japanese island, etc.). Just a matter of taking them seriously.

Alot of them do terribly on lush pasture because their hardwired to EAT WHENEVER POSSIBLE because of the shitty environment they evolved in. I.e. They get overfed all the time for very little work compared to the ancestors.

This is why a ton of them live to hit 40+ in the shittiest of care.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/worlds-oldest-pony-has-died-aged-56-121821
>>
File: horse girls are crazy.jpg (585KB, 2559x1439px) Image search: [Google]
horse girls are crazy.jpg
585KB, 2559x1439px
>>
>>1954467
>>1954472
Why did they cut their tails?
>>
What does /an/ think of this show?
>>
File: smart horse.jpg (32KB, 594x335px) Image search: [Google]
smart horse.jpg
32KB, 594x335px
>>1967889
Of course I forgot the picture.

I admit, I kind of enjoy it.

It's got a certain campiness that I find to be charming.
>>
>>1945130
American minis are still pretty much an abomination - in my opinion both the deformed backyard breeders' creations as well as the bulgy-eyed, hairless, Muh Kolor and Flat Croup type show ponies. I've seen molar bumps on adult animals so bad one can plainly count the roots of the teeth from the outside.

>>1945276
I've found their breeding has improved vastly of late (except in the US perhaps - I follow mostly ex-USSR & French breeding) as the breed has picked up popularity. One sees them bred for use beyond endurance, and the gross leg issues are getting much rarer. Coat shine isn't something that'll be so much affected by breeding (aside from the obvious influence of the creme gene - is that what you were referring to?) - I've never come across a breeder *breeding* for that, but conditioning instead sure.

>>1955087
They do. Though not half as much as with their sanity, given the amount of pressuring and violence they're "trained" with. In the show horses who compete specifically for the corto and fino, as well as almost all of the trote/trocha y galopes one sees stallion ad vids of, the animal's will never stand on normally locked/straight front knees - all you see is wobble, wobble with the animal standing on its toes ready to start gaiting. Many of these fino & trote people will just explain that as "brio" (literally 'joy') which is just perverse - it's an inability to stand still conditioned with fear.
>>
File: american-pharoah.jpg (114KB, 684x547px) Image search: [Google]
american-pharoah.jpg
114KB, 684x547px
>>
>>1969284
>What the fuck why are all of these people putting shit on me holy fuck I ran fast just like this jackass wanted I just want to go home and eat oats and chew the fence please let me leave.
>>
File: 1441502049583.jpg (24KB, 329x350px) Image search: [Google]
1441502049583.jpg
24KB, 329x350px
Can your horse do any tricks /an/, or does it have any interesting traits?

We had a horse that could open its stall doors pretty easily, so we had to jury rig the fuck out of them just to keep him inside. We also had another horse that was scared of paper, and wouldn't go near it if it was around.
>>
File: 1405266167621.gif (2MB, 416x301px) Image search: [Google]
1405266167621.gif
2MB, 416x301px
>>1971105
>scared of paper
Newspaper? Toilet paper? Standard A4 printing paper? Don't keep us hanging, the suspense if murder!
>>
>>1971351
Standard printing paper. Every other horse was fine but this one decided it wasn't.

On a side note, wouldn't that fall be bad for a horses back?
>>
>>1971478
How did it react to the paper? Just try to avoid it or did it rear up and freak out?
>>
File: CGTpAWSVAAA_Vi0.jpg:large.jpg (77KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
CGTpAWSVAAA_Vi0.jpg:large.jpg
77KB, 1000x666px
>>1969284
>>1970123
>who the fuck is this bitch, probably doesn't even run fast, i miss my tail
>>
>>1971492
If it saw you holding it from a distance, it'd just avoid you if you tried to get close to it.

If you hid the paper somehow, then put it out beside it, it'd kind of throw its head back and distance itself from you. I don't think it ever reared up from it, though it'd snort at it from time to time.
>>
Anyone here owns a norwegian fjordhorses? I do and I keep his mane long because norwegian fjords look even more majestic with long hair
>>
http://chatroom.horse/

horsechat /an/ons
>>
File: readycash-etalon2.jpg (41KB, 700x389px) Image search: [Google]
readycash-etalon2.jpg
41KB, 700x389px
any harness racing fans on 4chan?
>>
File: adiosmuchachos.png (57KB, 203x264px) Image search: [Google]
adiosmuchachos.png
57KB, 203x264px
>>
Would it be a good idea to learn how to ride in a college's polo club? I really don't have much of an option once I head out, and I'd love to learn how to ride before I have to go find a job.
>>
>>1973634
I think most polo clubs would require previous riding knowledge.

You should ask though, just to be sure. If they don't let you in because you don't have enough experience, they'd definitely be able to point you in the right direction so you could get that experience.
>>
File: tumblr_mc1ztlQyNL1rht269o1_500.jpg (275KB, 431x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc1ztlQyNL1rht269o1_500.jpg
275KB, 431x600px
finnish horses are pretty as fuck
>>
>>1973634

Worth asking about. I put my name down to do polo with the armed forces (club starting up at my base), and although I do have previous riding experience, the club is happy to take people who have never been near a horse. Yours might be the same.
>>
>>1973869
What is it with blond hair/mane everybody glorifies it cannot hardly see a nonblond hair female talk show host or anchorwoman.
>>
>>1974096
Bump.
>>
>>1975524
something to do with genetical preferences.
it no longer has any significance in current day and age, but there was a time when blonde hair was rarity and novelty.
since dark gene is most common, naturally we strive to have something more unique, rare by nature. hence the appreciation for "different".
nowadays it became quite a mainstream thing. so I'd say it's not the "blonde" which is a choice for publicly-standing figure, rather, women themselves choose to dye their hair blonde, even though they naturally aren't.
so the more correct way to put it would be
>can hardly see any female talk show host or anchorwoman that wouldn't dye her hair blonde.
besides, it helps hide the gray hairs and, widely though, that it makes a woman look younger, masking her age.
also, makes small details/facial features, like wrinkles, less noticeable than on dark hair background.
blonde hair also serves to diffuse the focus on the face. again, making it easier to hide the imperfections, than with contrasting dark hair colors.

this is not the case with horses though
white manes are rather rare in horses, that's what makes them special.
>>
File: nom.gif (1012KB, 295x293px) Image search: [Google]
nom.gif
1012KB, 295x293px
Post moving pictures.
>>
Waiting for the guy to post horse vago.
>>
>>1976841
Common horse social interaction.
>>
File: horses nodding heads.webm (509KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
horses nodding heads.webm
509KB, 320x240px
>>1977700
Here's another one.

Horses are funny.
>>
>>1977941
they are demanding treats
>>
File: pepe.gif (224KB, 363x333px) Image search: [Google]
pepe.gif
224KB, 363x333px
this is pepe horse
>>
>>1978162
Yeah my horse always does that when I feed it at night. It's pretty cute.
>>
>>1976841
nothing wrong with hating cyclists
>>
>>1976841
head lowered, ears pointing backwards (like really "brushing" the head) are signs of aggression.
these guys obviously had no idea so we might say they got off with a scratch lol. could've ended much worse.
really not a smart idea to approach wild horses.
>>
>>1979863
>head lowered, ears pointing backwards (like really "brushing" the head) are signs of aggression
And knowing is half the battle. Ease it through horse jaws can break bones?
>>
>>1980493

You shouldn't be approaching a strange animal to begin with, but especially so if you can't read the most basic of body language.

Considering he wouldn't stop approaching a herd with foals, he's lucky as hell the horse was good tempered enough to only give him a warning bite instead of a hoof to the head.
>>
A couple of months ago I watched a ranch sorting and the horses used in it all had their ears pinned. Does that mean they were scared/nervous? (and why would they fear cows?)
>>
>>1980626
well mainly, by design, horses are afraid/ don't like/ get nervous with any new thing they are not familiar with.
as with cows -- cows are quite hostile, so maybe past experiences and unsettled scores.

pinned ears are sign of dissatisfaction. so they are unhappy about something.
>>
I lold some reading this thread.
I have 2 horses right now, A Percheron that I ride and a Shetland pony.
The pony's a handful. sometimes the sweetest thing in the world other times the most evil creature you've ever seen. I still love her though. She was a rescue I picked up from some Mexicans that didn't speak much English.
The Percheron loves western gaming events like barrel racing and the different pole events. I let a girl use her for 4h one year and she kicked everyone's ass in cow sorting. She ran all the gaming patterns flawlessly but, being a Percheron she didn't have the sheer sprinting speed to win.
>>
This is my new horse, he is 16 hands, taller then I would like but I got him for such a good price I couldnt pass him up.
>>
File: well trained attack horses.jpg (150KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
well trained attack horses.jpg
150KB, 640x425px
>>1981405
How do the Shetland and Percheron get along?
>>
>>1981447
They love each other. The percheron is the dominant one. She will occasionally nip at the pony but never with the intent to hurt her.
I also have a German Shepherd that loves the pony.
>>
>>1945276
There's a pic of a deformed foal that looks like a hunting dog more than a horse floating around, that was NOPE as fuck
>>
>>1954467
So many sexy girls in one picture.
I wouldn't know where to start!
>>
>>1945092 I pay $160 every 6 weeks for shoes
>>
>>1952353
I have my horse trained to go bridleless now. I started in a bosal and moved to a side pull.
>>
>>1963815
My ponies are awesome
>>
File: 215956_1343191116569_4508127_n.jpg (15KB, 258x258px) Image search: [Google]
215956_1343191116569_4508127_n.jpg
15KB, 258x258px
>>1981440
>>
>>1983173
Bump.
>>
Do castrated horses know there is something missing down there? Or they just start behaving different, but think nothing of it?
>>
File: zetland1.jpg (179KB, 640x445px) Image search: [Google]
zetland1.jpg
179KB, 640x445px
>>1981841
PotA?

>>1985122
All depends on how far along since they've been castrated and individual behavior.

One of my teachers once said on the idea:

"If you put a single mare in with a bunch of geldings, castrating since youth (lets say before horse puberty), they'll still find her very interesting. They just don't know why."
>>
>>1985122
They will still mount and "fight" over mares however they wont go to the crazy and harmful lengths un castrated horses (stallions) will,
>>
>>1986735
yeah, one of my geldings been trying to get on a mare. though he didn't get to the lengths -- he couldn't even get it stiff all the way, but he was trying. and before I needed to break up this behavior, he just dropped it.

I'm not quite sure why. he was castrated since early years and he still does fight with other geldings/stallions.
>>
So, is it more effective to reduce libido/aggression if you castrate the horse before he gets sexually mature or after it?

And, do horses feel different for other horses if there is a human on the other one's back? I ride a stallion in my riding classes and he loves to neigh at every horse he sees, but he didn't seem to mind the horse someone else was riding, even though they were close in distance.
>>
>>1987020
Horses are still very hierarchical animals and controlling "access" to mares is a big part of that. That and horses play roughly with each other
>>
How much do you guys spend per month to keep a horse?
>>
>>1987562
a shitload on food, google
>>
File: 0.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>1987175
Think you're looking too much for one single answer on the 2nd question.

Simple answer is yes. I'd imagine a trainer who deals with a certain horse all the time would have alot more respect from said horse even if he/she is riding another. Complex answer is depends on a ton of factors that the horse is considering.

I know if my teacher went into a herd pen to put a particular horse away, the other horses would keep a good distance away from her and the horse. If a new student was doing it, the herd will more likely mess with the horse being put away, especially if its low on the pecking order.

For the first part, ya, kind of. Seems to be a cooldown period from a horse that becomes gelding from a long-time stallion. Otherwise pre-pub geldings tend to be as docile as possible.
>>
I prefer horses that are gelded later in life, like 6-8 years. which allows them for full, or at least higher level of muscle and mental development.
ofc the horse must be kept controlled and worked on his issues, which will insure that the mental state he develops is workable and not straight endangering.
they still fight for their place with other geldings and stallions, and still try to mount mares from time to time. it's like they don't care that they are missing something, and the only giveaway is that they find it hard to maintain erection or sometimes even fully getting it.
they also develop that stallion mentality which can be problematic to some, but if it's been correctly worked with, it's not an issue to the handler.

horses which are taught to respect a human will do so, but I've seen stallions that when a mare is present, simply ignored their handler, put him and those around to danger and gone haywire. well, that's a handling and training fault.
>>
I heard that wild horses are smart and farm horses are stupid is that ture
>>
3 days after riding with long stirrups and my ass still hurts. What the hell.
>>
>>1988383
Horses that are locked up in a barn or limited to doing repetitive and simple tasks are of course not going to be as intuitive as a wild horse which has to constantly struggle to stay alive. However for that reason the farm horse is less likley to skitz or panic as quickly as a wild horse which is where a lot of their reputation for stupidity has come from.
>>
>>1981440
whats is that thing on his head?
>>
>>1991102
A fly mask. Supposed to too many flies off the horse's face.
>>
And what are these hats for?
>>
>>1991233
Jewish horses.
>>
>>1991233

They're made to keep bugs and wind out, though they're not unknown to be used to hide ear plugs which are illegal in many disciplines. That and bonnets are still fairly trendy, so there's a good chance it's on simply to have one on.
>>
One of these days, there's a good chance that I'll end up marrying a Mare. Seriously, not even for sex but because I've felt a deeper and more reciprocal bond with them then I do with my own species.
>>
>>1991363
Why are earplugs illegal? Do they bother the horse, give some sort of advantage or something?
>>
>>1992092
>definitely for sex
>>
>>1992122
If you must take it to mean that because it satisfies a socially conditioned impulse that you have to express disgust and ridicule someone for such an admission: Sure. Myself and those who have had such feelings know better. With such a stigma attached, a person is not going to seriously consider that level of relationship with a member of a different species without motivation beyond sexual pleasure. The loving bond between us can be that deep and authentic.
>>
File: 1441501512678.jpg (76KB, 560x840px) Image search: [Google]
1441501512678.jpg
76KB, 560x840px
>>1992092
I mean it's 2015, I'm surprised horse marriage hasn't been legalized yet.

Christ, I wonder if it'll ever go THAT far.
>>
>>1992194
It's already technically legal in some states, due to bestiality not being illegal in every state.
>>
File: i-married-a-horse.jpg (48KB, 501x375px) Image search: [Google]
i-married-a-horse.jpg
48KB, 501x375px
>>1992092
have fun family
>>
File: seriously nigga.jpg (5KB, 202x150px) Image search: [Google]
seriously nigga.jpg
5KB, 202x150px
>>1992256
>It's always some miniature breed
>Never a fully sized horse
>>
>>1992210
That just means sex is legal, not necessarily marriage.
>>
>>1992110

They're considered to be an artificial appliance, which basically means anything under the sun other than standard tack but is more specifically attempting to weed out things that will enhance performance, force compliance, etc.. Earplugs are very benign as far as what's generally accepted to be an artificial aid goes, but as they do muffle if not eliminate distractions (thereby affecting concentration and performance) they qualify in the spirit if not letter of the rule.

That being said what's considered to be an illegal (and which illegal things will be called out) depends heavily not just on which discipline you're talking about, but also the level of competition. And a great deal of that has a lot more to do with politics than the horses themselves.
>>
>>1992267
It's already been done. See:

>>1992256
That was one of the most profound moments on Springer, he was reacting so hard and trying to pigeonhole that man and the other guests as abusive deviants but you can look up the video on youtube and see how happy and healthy Pixel is. Not to mention that she wasn't at all shy about expressing affection for her partner in front of an audience.

I remember seeing a retrospective where Jerry talked about that episode and admitted, paraphrased:
>>"Off camera, there was a moment where I started towards him and she made a move to get between us and shove me away. So I don't know, maybe there was something there."
>>
File: pitpony2.jpg (103KB, 480x305px) Image search: [Google]
pitpony2.jpg
103KB, 480x305px
>>
File: pitpony3.jpg (71KB, 640x545px) Image search: [Google]
pitpony3.jpg
71KB, 640x545px
>>1993118
>>
File: pitpony4.jpg (16KB, 350x282px) Image search: [Google]
pitpony4.jpg
16KB, 350x282px
>>1993119
>>
>>1980626

Pinned ears can mean all sorts of things.

Aggression is the most common, and quite likely since cattle horses tend to believe that bullying cows is their job, though you do have to look at the rest of the body language to confirm that. It could be discomfort (such as from harsh riding) or concentration/exertion. Or it could simply be the horse is protecting its ears from rushing wind, it's very common to see horses moving at any sort of speed to have their ears pulled back, often done very firmly if not outright pinned.

A horse who's afraid of cattle would be useless at sorting, so it almost certainly wasn't caused by fear.
>>
Gonna be riding a horse for the first time in my life. It's gonna be a calm, sleepy and lazy training horse.

Any advice? First time trying to communicate with a flight animal here.
>>
File: 1426304082981-4.jpg (161KB, 788x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1426304082981-4.jpg
161KB, 788x1000px
>>1995508
No sudden jerky movements, no loose clothing (as flapping clothing can sometime spook them), and if you value your genitals, post if you trot.
>>
>>1995509
>if you value your genitals, post if you trot
I've actually never hurt my genitals while sitting the trot, whereas I've hurt them like twice while posting.
>>
File: horse.png (57KB, 600x543px) Image search: [Google]
horse.png
57KB, 600x543px
Gonna take horseback riding lessons,

Are these rates reasonable?
Thinking of doing the 16 week course.
>>
>>1995585
Doesn't seem too bad, though 30 minutes doesn't seem like a long time.

I assume that means 30 minutes on the horse, and not counting the actual time it takes to tack it up.
>>
is he okay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqTnJDExHw4
>>
>>1995585
Check if that includes helmet hire and tacking up time. Also check the horse, see how responsive they are and if the corners of the mouthed are good and not scarred.
>>
>>1995808
>>1996112

I can't imagine a place that caters as heavily to novices as this one does is going to have a 30 minute lesson include the time it takes for a student to tack up their own horse. If nothing else, not having staff do it seems like a lawsuit waiting to happen (like a girth which was way too loose causing an injury or something).
>>
>>1996120
Maybe it's because I was lucky and my folks owned horses, when I took lessons though I wouldn't tack up the horse, they'd walk me through how to do it.

After doing that for a while, they'd watch me doing it do I didn't fuck up.

Thankfully our horses were pretty chill. So nothing bad ever happened.
>>
>>1996120
>>1996364

what the devil does tack a horse mean?
>>
>>1952345
Reminds me of the opening scene from one of the Jan's mares videos.
>>
>>1953712
I prefer reds, but blues are good too.
I have a red roan percheron mare that I ride now and would like to find another one.
>>
>>1987588
Only if you don't have pasture for them.
Just for routine care and feeding for 2 horses I spend maybe $600 a year. Probably less.
>>
>>1996380
The things you put on your horse are collectively referred to as tack, saddle, bridle, reins, boots, that sort of thing.
Tackng up would refer to putting that stuff on.
>>
File: 5669823302_d0264e8278.jpg (54KB, 470x351px) Image search: [Google]
5669823302_d0264e8278.jpg
54KB, 470x351px
>>1992186
What's /an/'s general opinion of sex with mares?
>>
>>1996419
human females can't compete
>>
>>1996416
ah, yeah i can imagine thats part of the training
>>
>>1996429

This is bait
>>
>>1996429
So if they approach you and try to initiate sex, that's not consent?
>>
>>1996436
Not conscious? That's a new one.
So, what is important about consent?
What about riding them? Do they consent to that? Or do they not need to?
What about forced breeding to stallions? Do they consent to that? To and part of it? From the mating itself to carrying a foal for the owner?
I'm really curious about this now.
>>
>>1996442
So, they are aware of you sitting on their back and allow it, so that means they consent to it?

But you say they aren't, aware of someone having sex with them?
How is that possible?
Not even trolling, I'm genuinely confused now.
>>
stop discussing beastiality with bugguy, he's a troll who always fails with his arguments

also this is a SFW horse thread so stop it anyway
>>
>>1996419
When you think about it logically: The fact that we do a lot to Horses that they don't give complete consent too but people will argue that they cannot consent to sex: Then use that as a basis to decry the act and imply that anyone who would have sex with a Horse is therefore a sexual-predator by default. That this reasoning is only applied to those circumstances reveals that the objections have more to do with societal conditioning then anything.

More importantly, they can and will give non-verbal consent. Imagine the scenario from the perspective of a Horse being cared for by a dutiful and Loving person. This strange and exotic but ancestrally familiar being looks after your every need; selflessly giving you all the food you could want, stimulates you with daily activity and makes you melt into a loose-lipped, four-legged ball of bliss when they massage and pet you.

All this leads to and reinforces a deep bond that you can both feel being reinforced by a connection going back for ages. Enticing and filled with all kinds of empowering emotions and wonders as you realize that they can understand you. Would you fall in Love with someone who treated you like that and with who you feel such a profound link?

This isn't just anthropomorphizing the Horse, if you've been around them long enough, you've felt the depth and power of the connection between our species. You might even recognize that they can give non-verbal consent from having had them present to you before.

Reading between the lines, this seems to be what Horse-people mean when that say that a Horse is being Marish. Society condemns the very thought and they're forced to use code-words and dance around what their hearts can see. That the beautiful sentient being that they also Love lives from a perspective that couldn't care less about fears of social condemnation. Horses have finely attuned senses and can sense anything that you try to hide.
>>
>>1997766
More then that, they live in the moment based on seeking pleasurable experiences, that's how they've survived. This doesn't just apply to more "Innocent" activities, like the enjoyment of food and companionship with others of their species and ours.

Horses are fascinating in that they are complex but motivated by base and simple needs and life-processes. Something that we've lost touch with, so much hinders us and holds us back from authenticity. They don't care and when they feel Love and desire for you, they will let you know in no uncertain terms. This frightens us because we are so trained to hide and feel ashamed of our own pursuit of pleasure. Our inherited dysfunctions make us shy away from intimacy and people are all too eager to alleviate their own insecurities around this by attacking and condemning those who remind them of it by stepping out of line.

Yes, there are people who break-down and accept these overtures, or even initiate them, everyone knows they are beautiful. If you are really so certain that what they are doing is wrong. The only way you could stop zoophiles is through gross violation of their rights. It would be far more sane to just drop bestiality as a criminal offense entirely and look strictly at if an animal shows clear signs of mistreatment and abuse.

Ask yourself this, can you hurt someone by denying them enjoyment and a loving, sexual bond? Is that not abuse? Why do you wish to do so and why do we tolerate this from society? Be honest with yourself.
>>
>>1965434
Horse girls are just the rich verssion of cat girls
>>
>>1992267
none of the benefits of marriage like property rights and guardianship apply to horses so there's no point in having horse marriage
>>
>>1997766
>they can give non-verbal consent

is there any other type of "consent" a horse could give? please don't fuck your horse, by the way
>>
>>1996442
>if it isn't consented, it's rape.

this coming from the nociception guy who objects to labeling ascribing human concepts to non-human animals' processing of pain stimuli

besides that:

>you can't consent to something you're not aware of in a subjective sense, subjectivity requires consciousness and horses lack every single component of it.
>you ever tried to sit on a horse that didn't allow it?

you're contradicting yourself
>>
File: horseyoga.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
horseyoga.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
File: horseyoga0.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
horseyoga0.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>
>>1999225
>>1999224
Wow, that horse is incredibly well trained.

There were at least 4 instances where things could have horribly wrong. Even the dog gets tired of the human's shit in the second one and leaves before things take a turn for the worse.

But seriously, what is the point of that?
>>
>>1999224
>>1999225
What the fuck is this even. Looks like something taken straight from some otherworldly realm.
>>
File: 28472.jpg (1MB, 1650x907px) Image search: [Google]
28472.jpg
1MB, 1650x907px
i don't know much about horses, but these are my grandparents horses (and donkey). i know the one on the far right is a mustang (rescued from nevada) but not sure about the others.
>>
LIVING IN A DREAM
>>
>>1999253
>incredibly well trained
No, it is an automatic response and isn't particularly good for them. Like how sharks go still when you flip them over or you can 'hypnotize' a chicken by drawing your finger in front of it. One Native tribe in particular was famous for doing this to their horses.
>>
>>2000521
>No, it is an automatic response and isn't particularly good for them.
Didn't know that. I'm pretty sure my horses wouldn't enjoy someone doing that to them though.
>>
>>1951204
I know what he means, horses are the weirdest animals. They are giant retards in every sense of the word. They have no idea how big they are or that they could kill a person in a faction of a second. They are giant doofuses
>>
>>2000779
This anon shows up in every thread to drop some variant of this post. They're either Tsundere for Horses and in denial, or hired on as a shill for companies trying to introduce Horse-slaughter plants in the US.
>>
>>2000779
it's so weird, you take an animal that's adapted for grazing 10+ miles a day on open grasslands and put them in close quarters and suddenly they're clumsy

>>2001360
>shilling on /an/
what a waste of time
>>
File: 1335277076539.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1335277076539.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>You will never own your horse

Why are they so expensive
>>
File: Naamloos-2[1].png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2[1].png
138KB, 350x350px
>>2001360
>tsundere for horses
you mean tsunmare?
>>
How do mares feel about foals who are not their own? Do they help to take care of another mare's foals?
>>
>>2002588
I'm not sure how they act on a grand scale, but we had a foal, and the oldest mare we had (who wasn't the mother of the foal) kept all of the male horses away from the foal. She acted as a buffer of sorts.

Now the foal is all grown up (7 years old) and she's kind of annoyed by him. They get along for the most part, but if he ever gets in her way she doesn't hesitate to nip him or shake her head at him.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJR7xXBt0Jg
>>
>>1999287

i don't feel like expending the effort, but we both know you're full of shit on this one
>>
>>2002588
>Do they help to take care of another mare's foals?
yes even "foal stealing" where a more dominant mare decides to completely take over raising another's foal isn't uncommon
>>
>>1993121
>>1993119
>>1993118

Not to discount the significance of dogs, cats and other animals (such as those we simply eat)...

But has any animal bled for our species the way horses have? We used to ride the poor bastards into battle, ffs.

I work with them now and it's hard seeing them even a little upset. I can't imagine how awful it has been for many horses elsewhere.
>>
>>1999225
>>1999224
y tho?

Not mad or anything, I'm just amazed at the mutual trust more than anything. Really special.

My mum's old horse would let us climb on him when he was sleeping. That was cute.
>>
File: Horse-delivery-1.jpg (1MB, 2128x1416px) Image search: [Google]
Horse-delivery-1.jpg
1MB, 2128x1416px
Would you deliver pizza by horse? If you never had to use a highway, would you rather use car or a horse as your form of transportation?
>>
>>2006035
That horse has a massive head. What breed is it?

As cool as delivery by horse is, unfortunately it's pretty slow compared to cars. So the pizza would be cold by the time you delivered it.

However if I had a horse that acted like a dog, I'd for sure take it on walks.
>>
>>2006035
Holy shit, dat roman nose mang.
>>
>>2006035
only if i get to pet the delivery horse
>>
I hope this is the right place to ask.

I need to kill a pony that my dad has, he is in terrible shape, and can hardly stand. three of his hooves are curved like bananas and he is walking way down on his pasterns on them, his front left is curled backwards, and when he stands, he stands on the front of his pastern.

Normally when I have a sick/injured animal, I just shoot it, but dad will not shoot this poor thing, he says it can stand and eat so we do not have to put him down, we just need to make sure his food/water is right in front of him since he can not walk to them without significant pain.

I've thought about just shooting him but dad has threatened legal action if I do. (I have thought about submitting an anonymous tip for animal neglect, but it would be clear who sent it in, and I do not want to get dad in trouble just because he is a retard)

I need to know how to go about poisoning him in a way that will be quick and as painless as possible, and will not leave any external signs of foul play. I am thinking of mixing fly crystals into his feed, but I would hate to get busted and slapped with a federal felony charge.

How would /an/ kill a horse without the owner knowing about it?
>>
File: image.jpg (455KB, 2203x2937px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
455KB, 2203x2937px
>>1948361
Yes!
>>
>>2007628

Bumping for more asses.
>>
>>2007625

It's a bad idea. You can even fuck up shooting it- an abandoned gypsy horse was found wandering near me with five or six bullets in its head, you need to have an appropriate firearm and know where to aim it or you can miss the brain or lodge the rounds in bone.

Poisoning is even worse. Even ponies are big animals and there's no way to know how to calculate the dosage. Poisoning is also generally not quick or painless- most readily available substances are corrosive or cause fatal organ damage (often liver/kidneys which can take days to kill), not by sending the animal 'to sleep'. The only thing that can really be recommended is the anonymous tip or calling a vet out to put him down and then deal with the consequences.
>>
>>2011223
According to Wikipedia, this is a common interaction between horses and humans.

As horse owners, do you agree? Do you hug your horse?
>>
>>1998374
yes, it's called winking
>>
File: hev151109.gif (160KB, 900x278px) Image search: [Google]
hev151109.gif
160KB, 900x278px
>horses

Call me when you have a unicorn as a pet.
>>
>>2007625
Shoot your dad, then he won't know about killing the horse
>>
Dear /an/,
A friend of mine who once helped in an animal shelter for a few months and saw a horse with a really fucked up back due to mistreating claims riding is always the absolute devil and unironically thinks people who ride horses should be in jail.
I only rode a horse once and I doubt it'd be so common if it was so terribly inhumane, can you shed some light on this?

Kisses, Anon.
>>
>>2011601
so a horse needs a protruding stickbone to have fun and a personality?
>>
File: common horse human interaction.png (81KB, 241x225px) Image search: [Google]
common horse human interaction.png
81KB, 241x225px
>>2011515
Photo evidence.
>>
>>2011651
Nothing is natural about being on a horse and its a massive sign of trust. Anything above it is seen as a predator from an instinctual point of view.

That being said, you're friend is off his rocker for thinking riding in general is a mortal sin. There are people who treat their dogs better then their loved ones and people who treat them like shit. Same case with horses, especially with more ignorant (not all, most of them are pretty gud) rednecks and mexican charro types especially.

ANYONE HAVE A STREAM OF NATIONAL FINALS RODEO GOING ON? CBS SPORTS NETWORK MOST LIKELY. I WANNA WATCH IT.
>>
>>2006035
dat roman nose.
>>
File: pony_laminitis.jpg (61KB, 500x350px) Image search: [Google]
pony_laminitis.jpg
61KB, 500x350px
>>2007625
You're in a massive grey area. Several ways to do it though. There's certain plants, especially one very commonly used in landscaping, that are extremely legal to horses

If you're good with medicine, you already know about injecting into a vein, especially air.

Guns you need something very strong to do it through a horse's skull and the right spot to do it.

Otherwise, the best situations do involve getting your dad in trouble, ignoring the "he lets you actually do something" situation. Heck even taking it away from the property would be stealing.
>>
>>1995509
>english riders

Probably a spoiled rich white girl as well.
>>
>>2011594
winking is at least partially an involuntary movement so i don't know how you get consent out of that
>>
File: beltonframe2.jpg (325KB, 800x452px) Image search: [Google]
beltonframe2.jpg
325KB, 800x452px
>>1997766
Might want to stop before [spoiler]bug guy[/spoiler] comes in and gives youu 100 baseless reasons why that's wrong.

[spoiler]I've heard a story where someone was taking care of a mare in the stable and she, quit literally, backed up against him. Yes, in 'that' manner. Was told they do in fact know where human male genitals are.[/spoiler]
>>
File: White girl and her tiny ass.jpg (484KB, 600x881px) Image search: [Google]
White girl and her tiny ass.jpg
484KB, 600x881px
>>2011980
Well they know where snacks are in the pocket.

ALSO WHY NOT MORE LOVE FOR ASSES.
>>
>>2011984
You're telling me mares eat snacks located in your dick pocket with their asses?
>>
File: pony bale.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pony bale.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>>2011990
When they're horny.

No idea, if dicks have a certain smell, they probably would deduce where they are on a guy a long time ago before they go into heat.
>>
>>2011887
>Muh elitism
Working class scum.
>>
>>2009101
>>2011638
>>2011882

Thanks for the help guys, I gave him a load of 00 sprain and buried him, dad was furious, but has since calmed down, all in all, I am confident he didn't feel much, dropped like a sack of potatoes.

Shooting animals is never fun.
>>
>>2012074
How can one tripfag claim to know everything about every animal, and understand them their conscious desire on everything relevant to any particular thread?
>>
>>2012192
By lying.
>>
>>2012192
>>2012218
>>2012074
He reminds me of what is said in Animal/Equine Science classes, both from medicine and behavioral/training/ranch management point of views, so don't write him off as insane.

That being said, he is on the extreme medicine point of view with what he said and partly agree with him but not totally. Let's say this was just between horses, even a mare in heat will try to kick the face off a stallion if he tried anything, hence the reason why people tend to hobble and tie mares. Common exception is a standing heat. The same case would be to a human. However, heat is more biological then "emotional" if anything, and if she's confused and horny...

On the other side of things with my own experience from helping people in horse classes...

Let's just say anthromorphizing is a major issue, and so are delusions. Horse obviously wants to bite a rider's face off and she thinks the horse is in love with her. Furries have alot of these issues too of imagining something that just isn't there.

>>1997805
>>1997766
This guy right here is "Woman thinks horse loves her when its trying to bite/kick her face off" -tier.
>>
>>2012297
Jeeze, with your line of reasoning, the AVMA would love to take you on.
>>
>>2012283
>>Implying that the model of Equine behavior advocated isn't based on gross assumption.
>>Thinking the average person around a Horse wouldn't be able to tell if a Horse is trying to bite or being affectionate.

They communicate more honestly and clearly then most people.
>>
File: White-Horse.jpg (499KB, 1024x819px) Image search: [Google]
White-Horse.jpg
499KB, 1024x819px
>>2011980
A common enough occurrence that the act actually has a name: If you hear someone who works around Horses refer to being Pinned, that's what happened.

It's really amazing to think that another species could become that attracted to us but they do and there are stories from people who have admitted to experiencing that level of attraction from a Horse. It's not anthropomorphizing, as affirmed by many. Nor is it in the context of looking for someone to relieve their heat. No, I mean actually falling in Love with a human -I'd be interesting in accounts from women on this- I've honestly had it happen myself even though I didn't take it anywhere out of concern of either getting caught or having it possibly influence bad-behavior. Especially since she wasn't living with me.

There were times when she would wink at me, probably the most notable being the time when another worker and I were in the field and she came over and started playing with my gear. Ambled over and fussed with me for a few before turning away, walking off a few paces and doing a classic squirt and wink. Even the guy with me said words to the effect of:
>>"Dude, that was all for you!"

Then there was the time she tried to pin me, I was so dense and uncertain that I didn't believe that that could have been her motivation at first. So I asked her why she did it, -you can get a point across to a Horse that nuanced if you know how- She winked and gushed.

I know she Loved me and I Loved her. She rarely ignored me and would walk across the field to greet me. Probably one of the sweetest moments I had with her was when I just walked by myself out into the pasture just wandering and she followed me. I'll never forget the way it felt, the two of us stood side-by-side on a hill over-looking the land and turned to look at each other at almost the same time. She had such a happy expression and I felt so honored by her presence and wanting to be with me, I could feel that Loving regard in her gaze.
>>
>>2015080
What the fuck do you mean by gushing and squirting?
>>
>>2015066
There's "horse people" who delude themselves in terms of horse behavior. Even some of the best, more knowledgeable ones threw reason out the window if the horse they were dealing with was THEIR horse.

>"Look, Trigger is coming to see me!"
>It's feeding time on the dot.

>>2015080
Look up mares in heat, especially standing heat.
>>
>>2015194
He means that the horse took a random piss while walking away and happened to glance at him. According to the mentally ill people in this thread that means the horse is in love with him and wants him to fuck it.
>>
File: Nala.jpg (194KB, 650x486px) Image search: [Google]
Nala.jpg
194KB, 650x486px
>>2015194
What do you think? Look up mares in estrus on youtube if you really want to know and see how unmistakably they can communicate arousal.

>>2015372
>>2015461
You call someone who feels Love between them and a Horse delusional but if you have been around them and can't read or acknowledge their emotions: Then you're the one with a problem. Doesn't mean you have to feel great about people engaging in zoophilia but that's your personal bias and it isn't based in the reality of what can happen as people bond with a Horse.

Some people fall completely into every aspect of the relationship, including It's potential for sexual interaction. This is probably even more common then people will admit but we know how prevalent it is for Mares to make sexual-overtures towards people just from prevalence of behaviors like pinning. If a human woman hangs around with you and clearly enjoys your presence: Then grinds up against you at some point, there's no denying what she intends.
Another species of woman with different capacities acting much the same way though? Nope, can't be Love and lust, you must be a delusional, neck-beard fur-fag if you think that even an animal would be attracted to someone like you!
Shows more about how you feel regarding yourself really.
>>
>>2011887
>not being from a horse village
Mate, I'm a state-school oik, and I can't fucking piss without hitting a horse.
>>
So last night I watched a video and it told me that cleaning your horse's genitals whether male or female and backside is a thing you gotta do like twice a week. I never would have suspected such a thing but apparently it is. Also, horse beans, heheheh.

Imagine someone who doesnt know about horses sees you out washing your horse's extended wang. Oh the questions. What if they call the cops and the authorities dont believe you?
>>
>>2015588
Its something that should be done, especially with geldings.

Funny enough though, most girls (i know) won't do it due to "eww" factor. Guys more prone to doing genital clean up on their horses.
>>
>>2015588
I remember my mum cleaning her gelding's genitals. I'm sure it wasn't that often.

I do remember she bought a new gelded pony, and the state of his ever-unwashed dick was really gross, poor guy. It looked so much better afterwards, and you could tell he really enjoyed getting it done, and not in a furry way, haha. He just seemed relieved.
>>
>>1945096
if you care about your horse you wont braid or in any way style your horses mane. its for getting rid of flies, not looking pretty. if you braid it it will make the horse feel pain whenever it goes to shake off a few flies or communicate with other horses.
>>
>>1951204
you pretty much need to be with a horse. people who treat their horses like 4 hour pets like cats and dogs are literally abusive. herd animals need constant companion ship, especially if you want good reciprocation.
>>
>>1956037
you pay exactly as much as it takes to get your horse to someone who knows how to take care of it better than you.
>>
>>1963815
that girl looks really inexperienced dragging those horses by that close on the lead rope. shes afraid of both of those animals.
>>
>>1963993
hell, you shouldn't get one unless you're willing to get two and have a field for them to fuck around in. stalls are awful and anyone who uses them should feel awful.
>>
>>1971105
>>not keeping your hoses out of stalls like a humane human being
>>not teaching your horse not to be afraid of stuff it's afraid of.
do you even know what the word sacking out means? or do you just keep horses to pet them every once in a while?
>>
>>1990050
this is not true, horses stalled up are even more likely to get skitz or panicky or aggressive.
>>
>>1992525
no matter how loving that guy is, he cant be with that mare 22 hours a day, to provide for her, he probably cant even be with her 8 hours a day. a horses need a herd to be with to be healthy and happy.
>>
>>1995585
>>30 minutes
you are litterally better off watching youtube videos.
>>
>>1997766
people shouldnt have sex with horses because horses who have sex with humans treat them like horses, and mares are known to be pretty kicky against horses they let breed them. its normal behavior for them to kick off mates if they come in too fast, and guess who gets put down when the clueless horsefucker takes his broken arm or rib personally? Humans are in too many positions of abuse on horses, its not required to understand how to take care of them at all to own them.
>>
>>1999253
putting a horse to lay down is domination just like any controlling excersize. hes trained the horse to let him put it on the ground and stretch in that way.
>>
>>2001360
they should introduce horse slaughter plants in the US. their value as produce would not only keep people from drugging them the fuck up for no reason, but their value would increase and it would keep retards from purchasing horses for absolutely nothing and thinking they know what theyre doing and abusing it. it's awful that its come to this but horses without a strong pedigree are almost valueless these days and people don't understand how to take care of them.
>>
>>2007625
just call animal services
>>
>>2011651
horses should not be rode heavily until theyre 5 to be safe. theyre not fully developed until then. they get big fast but it takes a while for them to really build up a tolerance to weight on their back.
>>
>>2011980
>>in that manner
thats human intervention that causes that. horses do present to humans, but they do not naturally hang out in choke points where they cant get out like stalls. in their natural environment they would not have anything to back a potential mate into. horses will present to humans but backing them into a wall isn't something that happens between horses in the wild.
>>
>>2015066
yes they do, but that does not mean people are receptive to it. because humans are focused on speech and do not pay attention to body language. the average person does not know shit about it, there are tons of horse owners that are absolutely clueless about this. they keep em stalled, they sometimes dont even own more than one horse, and that horse is all alone. foal imprinting on humans alone is a disgusting practice. you can't be literate on the situation horses face and believe for even one moment most humans are not a dog with a chemistry set.
>>
File: 1421213370576.jpg (282KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1421213370576.jpg
282KB, 2048x1536px
>>2017291
I know what you're saying and gree with the horse slaughter part.

However pedigrees/registries are being retarded nowadays, especially when suggested conformation has nothing to do with health AND everybody fucking wants quarterhorse mixed in.

Mustangs, many of the pony breeds, and so on are fantastic horses but this snooty tooty attitude many horse people have isn't helping the industry. The tax shelters were eliminated for the most part but horse people aren't acting like it. It's the reason why shit tons of horse equipment and such is so expensive on top of losing blue-collar related trade.
>>
>>2017297
sounds like evopsych bullshit, it's perfectly reasonable for a horse (or any mammal) to be able to understand and control its immediate space

and all he said was backed up against, horses presenting parts of their body when they want attention isn't unusual

>>2017299
foal imprinting is fucking weird. just born? pin it down and stick some fingers in its butt
>>
>>2017459
Are they not fear humans?
>>
>>2017286
Putting Human interaction with a Horse on the same terms as interaction between Horses is assuming that they see us as other Horses: And that therefore, they will act the same way. The thing is, they don't, they know full well that we are a different species with our own physical attributes and limitations. You keep writing like someone who took a few behavioral science courses on animals and thinks that they know everything about them: Yet hasn't spent any real time interacting with animals themselves.

I'm not basing what I write on zoophilia and my acceptance of it on just pulling things out of the air based on wishful thinking but from having considered my own experiences with them: While looking at what people who have engaged in these kinds of relationships say It's like.
>>
>>2017491
Part of the tourist attraction is the wild horses that live there. So I'm sure they're perfectly fine with people as long as they keep some kind of distance, and/or don't do anything stupid to them up close.
>>
>>2017459
the thing is, we don't need new horses. the mustangs we have now are too many because they have no nautral predators and its illegal to hunt them because baww horsies are horsies.
>>
>>2017469
are you too dumb to read between the lines. she backed up to him in a stable. thats not a natural environment. I already went over that mares present to humans.

>>2017491
the island is a special case.

>>2017588
you dont know what you are talking about. of course the animal can tell you are not like it. but it is a horse, it has two modes of operation. dealing with the herd, and dealing with predators. if it sees you as a predator, it will not be dealing with you well. so it must see you as a horse. and while horses are fully capable of being gentle and careful, even acrobatic animals, that doesn't change the fact that their hair trigger response is still the same, and you are going to be just as likely to get both barrels if you come up to the buisness end of a mare who wasn't ready as any other horse.
>>
>>2018843
Actually, It's a bogus lie that Wild Mustangs have overrun the ranges where they are still free and they are being hunted down by helicopters.

>>2018845
Yes, obviously, an animal with a long history of domestic interaction with our species couldn't possible have evolved a differentiated understanding of interaction with us. Or that we can't respond to them in a manner that reinforces better communication and allows us accomplish activities with them that we couldn't do with other animals. It's like you've constructed this argument to have a means to decry what some do with Horses because of how it makes you feel.

>>if you come up to the buisness end of a mare who wasn't ready

So they can be ready and willing? Why are we having this argument then?
>>
>>2017459
dang that looks comfy.
>you will never feel the warm sand against your soft muzzle and floppy ears
>>
>>1971478
>>1971750
well, guess he won't make it working in a office.

>>2011601
anon, in that case you're he unicorn's pet.
>>
>>2019288
how the fuck is it a lie? they have no wild predators.
>>
>>2019288
>>why are we having this arguement
are you illiterate you retard? it's because the horse doesn't get to defend itself when animal services come to pick up a corpse of a horse fucker. As long as the horse lives in a world where the slightest fuck up it does no matter how natural against retards like you who don't even understand how horses think results in punishment and death, it will never be ethical.
>>
>>2017270

Naw, unless its different in horses, I always have my hand close to the head when leading my cattle on halter.

On a related note, how expensive and difficult would it be to purchase a horse that would get along with cattle? I don't have any cowboy fantasies and don't want a rodeo horse, but I have seen lots of people whos horses freak out around cattle and I could see that being dangerous since horses are giant retards and cattle are trampling retards.

What would /an/ suggest for someone who has lots of land and an interest in getting a horse?
>>
>>2020005

http://www.ksla.com/story/30449465/man-arrested-accused-of-having-sex-with-miniature-horse

http://valleycentral.com/news/local/man-accused-of-trying-to-perform-sex-act-with-horse-again?id=1215584

first two cases of horse rape I found on google, neither of them involve putting the animals down.

Pretty sure if I found a man with no pants lying dead in my barn behind my horse, I wouldn't have the horse put down either.
>>
>>2020005
Ah, so your argument is now that if someone is kicked to death while being amorous with a Horse. It's the fault of the Zoophile that society condemns their acting on what can be a mutual desire to the point where they will take extreme action. Although, as another anon pointed out, the Horse won't be put down if they do panic and kill a Human paramour.

Even then, the only case I've heard of where a person died from such activities was Kenneth Pinyan and that was because the Equine was over-eager! Not resisting.

What will happen though if a zoophile gets caught is that the animal will most likely be declared as abused and removed from their custody.

Yet you would support this violation of their rights and the removal of an animal from such a person without even determining if the animal is actually being harmed. Considering that you go even further to imply that the Horse will kill anyone who tries to engage in sexual activity with them: Even though we've already gone over the point that this isn't rape as the Horse can consent and won't kick a human partner if they are being considerate.
>>
File: backlithalflinger.jpg (102KB, 955x717px) Image search: [Google]
backlithalflinger.jpg
102KB, 955x717px
>>2020220
Half-flinger or some other breed known for interacting with cattle. I've had a half-flinger actually help me herd cows before, it was funny too, I was on foot chasing a stubborn Heifer around a field when one of the Mares charged at her. I almost yelled at the horse before I noticed that she was driving her in the direction of the gate out of the field. So I shouted encouragement instead. She ran that cow right out of the field and up to the barn.
>>
>>2020220

Because horses are prone to spooking, you want to keep about a foot of lead rope between you and the horse to give you a chance to stay out of the way. That, and a lead animal is more relaxed with at least some freedom to control their own head. Unless the horse is causing an issue, it's better for everyone involved to give them some slack.
>>
>>2020254

In addition, stick with coldblooded horses (drafts and cobs). They're plenty good for any application, including most riding disciplines, and are less excitable than hotblooded sport horses so they tend to get along better with cattle.

You're going to want to get two, at the least. Sometimes cows and horses bond, but far more commonly they prefer to stay with their own kind.
>>
So horse general that's been here since August, are you doing anything with your horse over Christmas? Festive pictures?
>>
File: horsechristmaspresent.jpg (63KB, 420x312px) Image search: [Google]
horsechristmaspresent.jpg
63KB, 420x312px
>>2021083
I don't have horses ;_;
>>
>>2021083
>>2022070
This.

I cry.

At the very least I wish I could've gone ride a bit today, but university stuff due next month doesn't let me.
>>
File: got your nose.jpg (190KB, 425x282px) Image search: [Google]
got your nose.jpg
190KB, 425x282px
Bump.

Hope everyone and their horses had wonderful Christmases.
>>
>>2017459
Do you know how to get to horse beach?
>>
Holiday bump.
>>
So, last Saturday I had my first fall after a whole year and a half of not falling since I first started riding. The fall itself didn't bother me, but the situation I found myself caught in did. The horse apparently decided for some arbitrary reason that it didn't want me on its back (this was the Nth time I was riding it, for the record), so he bolted off, kicking and yanking its head. I'm actually fucking terrified of mounting again. I mean, I will, there's no other way of getting over this without just fucking mounting again. But goddamn, I'm fucking terrified now.

My instructor wasn't present at the time, mind you. I didn't exactly fall because the horse threw me off - I slid off its back consciously because I understood I wasn't doing anything on its back. Due to the way the horse was going crazy, I kind of got bent forward with my head right over the horse's neck and I wasn't managing to sit back upright again, so I just grabbed the horse's neck and slid off before I screwed it up any harder.

Tell me, /an/. How do you deal with those situations? For the record, I will mount again in a couple days and I intend not to screw up again. Even if I'm terrified and anxious about losing control again, there's no other way to get over this without facing that stuff. But just how can I deal with that? I need help.
>>
>>2026859
It's just a horse, ffs. It shouldn't ruin your day or your life. Maybe it just felt like it didn't want you on its back at that particular time for some stupid reason. Just try again, be more careful and be prepared for the same situation. If it goes nuts again and again then just get over it and get another normal horse.
>>
>>2027421
You're right, I was just letting my insecurities talk, I guess. I'm not all that good at dealing with fuck-ups. Just gotta own up to it, I guess.

But question, how should I act with a bolting horse that refuses to stop? Do I drive him into a wall? Make him walk in small circles?
>>
>>2026859

The amount of times horses freak out for no reason is a lot smaller than the amount of times people brush off otherwise fixable problems as 'the horse was crazy'. What you're at right now, especially if the horse had been respectful up to then, is a reflection point.

Did something happen to cause it to spook? Had you pushed it past its limit? Is there a chance the horse was reacting to pain? Lunge for a while and build back up to where you had been. Hopefully it can help you to pinpoint what went wrong last time to help fix it and move on.
>>
>>2027452
Pretty sure he might just be getting sort of fed up. For context, that horse spend his first 7 years (he's currently 8-9 years old) confined to a rather small field, all alone and neglected. His owner only went there to give him food and water. So, while he can be a pretty nice horse, it's easy for him to get distracted by other horses, dismiss his rider completely, get spooked by small things, etc. As a result, a lot of people at the school I go to refuse to ride him. However, recently, the teachers have been pushing for more pupils to ride that horse, so he won't stay still all week long until I get there. Maybe he's getting tired of this sudden shift? I mean, back in the summer he was getting mounted as often as he is now, if not more, but then most of those people stopped going there around September.

But yeah, I'll ask my teacher to let me lunge the horse for a bit if possible. He's getting mounted every day, so that shouldn't be necessary. I'd rather be safe, though. The week before he was kind of already not wanting to listen to me, and sometimes I'm not the most assertive bloke of the bunch, so he probably already recognizes me as a weak rider. I dunno, maybe I'm just overthinking it.
>>
I'm thinking about crocheting horse blankets to sell at my local county fair and rodeo. What material do you recommend? I imagine cotton would be the best for wicking sweat away from the horse's skin, but I'm not a rider or horse-handler myself.
>>
>>2028877
To be more specific: saddle blankets. And a little searching has revealed that most such blankets are made of wool or acrylic, which surprises me a little. I guess they provide better padding?
>>
I got kicked by a horse once, Then i fed him with grass every time i saw him and then he became friendly.

My conclusion is, Horse are just big cats, A little more retarded tho.
>>
File: 1421276818467.gif (994KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1421276818467.gif
994KB, 400x300px
Anyone done the BHS?
>>
File: 1420246315454.png (144KB, 353x220px) Image search: [Google]
1420246315454.png
144KB, 353x220px
>>
File: 1434953192776.jpg (316KB, 768x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1434953192776.jpg
316KB, 768x1892px
>>
File: 1392383602942.gif (496KB, 350x198px) Image search: [Google]
1392383602942.gif
496KB, 350x198px
>>
File: 1396638002160.jpg (38KB, 550x360px) Image search: [Google]
1396638002160.jpg
38KB, 550x360px
>>
>>2026859
Safety: Damage Control and get off.

Training: YEEEE HAAWWWW RIDE THAT SUCKER INTO THE GROUND.

As far as recovery goes, especially being a teaching assistant with beginning riding, all I can say is this: It's a simple as getting back on. Not to say getting back on a horse thats a time bomb waiting to happen, but sort of like writing the first word in a paper. Otherwise seen people (less then a handful luckily over 3 years) who fell kind of just stare at the side of a horse they're riding, regardless if they fell off or had a incident on it or not.

Also helps to do ground training an exercises on horses. Some people know all about riding them but know jackshit with reading and taking care of them. LAPD mounted are the prime example of this. They can ride anywhere and whack the shit out of niggas and liberals with their beatsticks but can't figure out for the life of them what to feed their horses (other then barn people of course).
>>
File: Mammoth donkey17.jpg (100KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth donkey17.jpg
100KB, 400x300px
>>2028901
Horses are herbivores/prey animals. That in itself is a whole new school of thought to deal with.

>>2028877
>>2028881
No idea. Can see how things go or start testing things out with a friend's horse/equipment.

>Oh my that donkey is club footed!
Anyone see anything wrong with this statement?
>>
>>2030365
>Training: YEEEE HAAWWWW RIDE THAT SUCKER INTO THE GROUND

Is there something I'm missing here?

> It's a simple as getting back on.

Yeah, I have mounted that horse again meanwhile, and felt much better after trotting around a bit. That horse gets a bit too hot really quick and speeds up to get really close to the horse in front. I still need to learn how to properly calm him down while on his back... But, other than that, it went fine, I even did some jumping and the horse didn't try to avoid the jumps.

Only ground exercise I've ever heard of is lunging. Googled a bit and seems like there's a lot more of interesting things I could do with him. After finals I'll have some more free time, might see if I can talk with school owner to do some of those exercises with that horse. Thanks for the tips, m8!
>>
Well ancient horse thread, it's been fun.

So when is the next one being made?
>>
New hotness >>2031084
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 85

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.