[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pug thread post your best pugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 20

File: poog.jpg (53KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
poog.jpg
53KB, 800x533px
pug thread
post your best pugs
>>
>>1702766

Ugh, pugs are so gross and broken down pieces of shut. Why would anyone want a brachycephalic breed? How can you even look at that face without feeling revulsion about what humans have done to this animal just for the apparent novelty of the look?
>>
mmmmmmm bueno
>>
>>1702775
just got cut by your edge, reptile owner confirmed
>>
File: pumpkin_2[1].jpg (52KB, 550x400px) Image search: [Google]
pumpkin_2[1].jpg
52KB, 550x400px
>>1702766
best ones are the already dead ones. this is the closest i've got
>>
>>1702780
more
>>
File: pug-defects[1].jpg (65KB, 600x418px) Image search: [Google]
pug-defects[1].jpg
65KB, 600x418px
>>
>>1702780
>>
>>1702782
more
>>
File: ScANQq6[1].jpg (107KB, 670x510px) Image search: [Google]
ScANQq6[1].jpg
107KB, 670x510px
>>
File: 1280px-Exophthalmos_in_pug[1].jpg (173KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Exophthalmos_in_pug[1].jpg
173KB, 1280x960px
only people who hate animals would be okay with these fucking horrid things.

i wish they all simultaneously blinked out of existence.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 625x626px
>>1702775

Dont fall for it
>>
File: aQdlkld[1].jpg (225KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
aQdlkld[1].jpg
225KB, 640x360px
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 960x576px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 960x576px
>>
File: image.jpg (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91KB, 500x500px
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 195x258px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 195x258px
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 500x462px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 500x462px
>>
>>1702792
fuckn fish eyes
>>
This thread made me sad.
>>
>>1702851
i thought it was pretty nice
>>
>>1702856
>being told that a cute breed suffers from hereditary birth defects
>nice
>>
>>1702864
already knew this brah, pugs still best
>>
>>1702864
>Cute
>>
>>1702788
It's just people who claim to love animals, yet only like "cute" things.

>It looks goofy, so I love it!
>LOOK AT HOW FUNNY IT LOOKS LOL
>>
>>1702856
>>1702881
The embodiment of shit.
>>
It's beyond me how people keep breeding some animal breeds. I would die from guilt.
>>
>>
File: totallynormalnotdeformed.jpg (726KB, 1942x1457px) Image search: [Google]
totallynormalnotdeformed.jpg
726KB, 1942x1457px
>>1702766
>>
>>1702977
People can't think ahead, and stop their thoughts at
>durr cute funny looking dog!
>>
>>1703076
>stop their thoughts at
>$$$

fixed that for you
>>
/an/ does it again!
>>
>>1702976
nigger ive never seen a cumstain so dense
>>
>>1703076
id fuck your brain
>>
Is there any way to breed the Pug back to healthiness?
Puggles generally seem to look pretty healthy.
>>
>>1703182

Sort of/maybe. It is possible that they could start breeding them for lack of extreme features and gradually produce a dog that is less afflicted. It is also possible to cross them with something to try to gradually eliminate the pug's worst features.

For example the flat coated retriever is currently being bred with labs by certain breeders right now in an effort to save them from their deadly weakness to cancer. Of course this really pisses off all the breed clubs by threatening their tightly wound anuses, so who knows if it will ever be recognized or accepted, but technically it is possible.

This happens in a lot of breeds with these issues. Certain breeders take it upon themselves to breed back to how the dog originally was. You can see this in the olde english bull dog, gargoyle bull dogs, working bull terriers and more. Of course it is not a perfect solution because these crosses are sort of untested. Hybrid vigor is a thing but is useless if shitty genetics are still being passed on. I still support and admire it because it is the exact same way any breed came about, by a bunch of people changing a dog to the way they like it. This sort of experimentation was necessary and if they've got health as the first priority I think that's a worthy cause. There are many breeds not recognized by the kennel clubs so I don't think they should be the final authority.
>>
>>1703197
>olde english bull dog, gargoyle bull dogs

You mean backyard bred mutts?
>>
>>1703197
Your English is improving so much!
Too bad your point was lost the moment you touted gargoyle dogs as a healthy alternative to other breeds.
>>
File: i85.jpg (158KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
i85.jpg
158KB, 460x460px
>>1703253
>>
>>1703248
>>1703253

I wasn't touting any new breed as being the hero that /an/ deserves. I was just saying that people are breeding to change these dogs. The process would be long and full of failure but ultimately that's how we've gotten every dog breed available is some dude started breeding dogs the way he wanted them to be and it worked out or it didn't.

I didn't say "healthy alternative" at all. Actually I said that they were untested and useless if the genetics that are passed on are shit. Read much or is it just the blind hostility /an/ brings people under?

It is just how new breeds are made and a possible way to salvage hopelessly unhealthy breeds.

I mean do you think that suddenly one morning labs blinked into existence? Every breed began in this experimental manner. IF they've got health as a first priority, I respect it. Not all the breeds I listed as being experimental hybrids fulfill this. asshats.
>>
File: image.jpg (132KB, 934x1030px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132KB, 934x1030px
>>
>>1703261
>blind hostility

What? I didn't see any of that. Work on your victim complex, please.
>>
>>1703261
>asshats
Oh good, it IS you! Your sentence structure has improved markedly, grammar too. Isn't it nice when people can clearly understand you! Now all you need to work on is your rage. Name calling and aggression is very off putting. It makes you look juvenile and hot headed. Not a cute look if you're trying to make a point about something. But then again, no one will take you seriously because you try to talk about things you don't understand. Creating BYB mixes in your back yard is not the way to create new breeds, or 'fix' old ones.
Does the name Gargoyle scream 'healthy dog breed to you', or does it just sound like some thuggish version of the Pitt bull? If the breeders of gargoyle dogs wanted to be taken seriously, they would have chosen a better name for their breed.
>>
>>1703197
>For example the flat coated retriever is currently being bred with labs by certain breeders right now in an effort to save them from their deadly weakness to cancer. Of course this really pisses off all the breed clubs by threatening their tightly wound anuses, so who knows if it will ever be recognized or accepted, but technically it is possible.

I was totally with you, up until you started talking about your bullies, "hybrid vigor", and implied that it's that it's okay they're "sort of untested". No, they aren't tested, and they're BYB trash.
>>
>>1703290

>your bullies

I don't have bullies.

>>1703285

I don't know who pissed you off last time but it's not me. My grammar has always been this shade of mediocre.

We were just talking about possibilities in fixing some of the more fucked up breeds. It was all highly hypothetical.

I'm sorry I mentioned the gargoyle as being an offspin breed some people decided to develop, but I never claimed it was anything but that they were such an example. Never did I say they in particular are healthy. People are still creating new breeds which is good and bad.

How far must your head be shoved up the AKC that you so violently reject any dog that is not recognized by then? How do you think breeds ever happened? What makes on breeder a byb and one a reputable breeder aside from a few sheaths of paperwork? I mean there ARE shitty breeders but they come in every type of establishment, unfortunately.
>>
>>1703319
>not liking backyard bred ghetto dogs means you love the AKC

HAHAHAHA PLS
>>
>>1703324

>ghetto dogs

hm, do you have voices in your head because you keep taking this in really weird directions that have nothing to do with what I said. Don't get your dog out of a ghetto, I'd like to think this goes without saying.
>>
>>1703326
>hm, do you have voices in your head because you keep taking this in really weird directions that have nothing to do with what I said.
Sounds pretty similar to you saying
>How far must your head be shoved up the AKC that you so violently reject any dog that is not recognized by then?
>>
>>1703355

You're such a fucking crazy person. Why are we even arguing? I was just discussing how you can hypothetically "fix" problematic breeds. That's all. I didn't tell anyone where to buy a dog. I didn't recommend a certain dog. I just discussed various ways breeds could potentially be changed and listed some examples of people currently changing various pure breeds.

You are the most insufferable faggot on this board. I can recognize you wherever you post from the weird hostility and condescension you ooze while adding nothing of value to the conversation.

Please adopt a trip like you want other people to do so I can filter you.
>>
>>1703358
I love how you act like there's one person this whole time.
>>
>Be me
>Around 8 and a half years ago adopt a pug from a breeder
>Was ignorant on how terribly unhealthy pugs were and impulse bought pug because "OMG kwoot puppy!"
>Train him, get him neutered, go to vets for vaccines
>Only just recently (two years) realized how truly unethical pugs as a breed are
>Don't want to just kill dog who has been loyal to me almost his entire life but still have undying guilt

I just don't know how to feel. I can't say he's being smothered by wrinkles like most pugs, but he still has many other flaws these breeds are notorious to have.
>>
>>1703359

Well its pretty easy to identify when it is you, as it often is. As soon as someone has disagreed with you adequately you launch into the whole "AHA. IT IS YOU, MY MORTAL ENEMY BYBANON. WE MEET AGAIN ONLY THIS TIME I *WILL* HURT YOUR FEELINGS BWHAHAHAHA!"

Everyone else is less theatrical with it. Now that poster IS retarded and I support your feelings about that but you're starting to become a problem yourself.
>>
>>1703365

Well, he already exists to the best thing you can do is keep loving and caring for him but just not buy any more pugs in the future. There is nothing wrong with the living pugs, they're just dogs. The problem is that people keep breeding more that will suffer and continue to exaggerate their features.
>>
>>1703319
>How far must your head be shoved up the AKC that you so violently reject any dog that is not recognized by then?
Actually, I prefer the parent club for my breed, and I prefer shows hosted by the club.

>How do you think breeds ever happened?
Are you really asking, or are you just being snide? I could post a few links for you, explaining the origins of several different breeds.

>What makes on breeder a byb and one a reputable breeder aside from a few sheaths of paperwork?
Again, if you like I could post some links so you could educate yourself on the subject.

>I mean there ARE shitty breeders but they come in every type of establishment, unfortunately.
Something you have first hand knowledge of I'm sure.
>>
>>1703366
That wasn't even me. Jesus. Get over yourself.
>>
>>1703366
Your bitching at the wrong person. While I'm not the anon calling bully anon out for being a BYB, I am the person who keeps asking bullyanon to adopt a trip so we can all ignore her ignorant ass.
>>
>>1703365
Don't buy any other extreme breeds. Try to spread the word about them, and changing of standards by mass education. Don't stop loving and caring for him just because of this.
>>
>>1703261
>>1703358
>>1703366

If you're not BYBanon, you're on the same tier of her. Aggressive, obnoxious, rambling replies to moderately tame or snarky posts. It's like you want to be hated just so you can say "AH-HA! SEE?! YOU GUYS ARE AGGRESSIVE!".
>>
>>1703394
>It's like you want to be hated just so you can say "AH-HA! SEE?! YOU GUYS ARE AGGRESSIVE!".
No, I want bullyanon to adopt a trip so we can easily ignore her. Just as I have repeatedly said.
>>
>>1703368
>>1703388

I never stopped loving him. I'll be honest, I probably wouldn't have the heart to take him to the vets and euthanize him for existing unless he had some deadly disease or was too old to walk, it's that I felt guilty that I'm putting what I consider to be a cute dog's health in peril by letting it exist.

I will make an effort to inform any aquatince of mine that is considering adopting a dog as I am actually looked up upon for being fairly knowledgeable with pets in my family so it's not like the discard my opinions/advice on animals.
>>
>>1702780
What the fuck is even happening here.
>>
>>1703395
I think you're confused about who I'm quoting.
>>
>>1703403
You know what, I was. My bad.
>>
File: sigh.jpg (69KB, 500x726px) Image search: [Google]
sigh.jpg
69KB, 500x726px
this fukn thread
>>
>>1703493
Yeah. Why the fuck would anyone think pugs are worthy of a thread or admiration?
>>
>>1703399
Mouth cancer.
>>
>>1703398
At least you got him from a breeder.
>>
>>1703498
pugs may be autistic as shit, but one of them will still be worth far more than u ever will be faget.
>>
>>1703365

I've had several dogs through out my life, the one that seemed to live the happiest and healthiest was my pug. She lived to be 17 years old.

I've had several adopted/mixed/purebred dogs. One lab mix I had had such terrible allergies that the only things it could eat were potatoes and carrots. After it hit that point, I had it put down as it was constantly in a gigantic rash and miserable.

Yes, pugs have their issues, but I would get on again and just make sure that the pug is from a reputable breeder that genetically screens them. (Yes, I know it going to be expensive.)
>>
>>1703825
right on man. you cant just generalize about a whole breed, yet all these fags here think they're correct.
>>
>>1703827
>>1703825

No, that's one instance of a pug. This doesn't mean that they're structurally sound just because one lives long. That's just really stupid reasoning to get one or perpetuate their existence.
>>
>>1703830
it's really stupid reasoning to generalize as much as these people on here are. im not advocating anything by pointing out that not all pugs are in bad shape,im just pointing out that people's assumptions on here that all pugs are bad is trash.
>>
>>1703844
It doesn't matter if all pugs aren't trash. No one is saying that at all. It's just that vast majority of pugs and virtually all of their standards cause them to be disgustingly unhealthy. They simply shouldn't exist even if there are exceptions.

It's like you're arguing smoking can be okay because you know a couple smokers who have no lung issues or heart issues. The couple of people with healthy lungs/hearts doesn't mean that smoking should be undermined as potentially harmless. It also doesn't mean that smoking should exist.
>>
>>1703920
thank you for not generalizing, that's really all i was put off by. not sure if it would be worth getting them out of existence even though they're an unhealthier breed. oh well if they are, just let it go and let them live their llives. it's no biggy
>>
File: 1383495874583.jpg (102KB, 488x434px) Image search: [Google]
1383495874583.jpg
102KB, 488x434px
literally
every
dog thread

someone starts the breed vs. nature debate that we had in every other dog thread

and then its 200 posts and 32 image replies omitted, click here to view
>>
>>1703935
I don't mean cull all pugs right now. I'm saying don't continue to breed them, blindly admire them, tell other people to get them, or support those who breed them.

They were created voluntarily with a body that directly impairs their health and mobility(and ONLY because it looks funny and is entertaining), so they shouldn't be continued to be bred as such. They're just a very selfishly created animal.
>>
>>1703947
What debate? I'm not seeing anyone having a debate over breed vs. nature.

Fuck. I'm so sick of you faggots coming into every thread and saying "durr typical /an/!". It's not funny or new or anything.
>>
>>1702977
Well to be fair 95% of all purebreeds should make you guilty. No matter how small the defects may be you are still aware of them, yet keep on breeding.
>>
>>1704093
>95% of all purebreeds should make you guilty
Er. No.
>>
File: 1890s-pug.jpg (65KB, 522x752px) Image search: [Google]
1890s-pug.jpg
65KB, 522x752px
>>1702775
He's right, pugs are probably the least healthy animal on Earth and it's all Humanity's fault.

I mean, look at this beautiful little dog. Then, 120 years later, look at what we turned it into:
>>1702766
>>1702782
>>1702783
>>1702787
>>1702788
>>1702792
>>1703075
>>
File: holyfuckpugagility.jpg (350KB, 1096x992px) Image search: [Google]
holyfuckpugagility.jpg
350KB, 1096x992px
>>
>>1703949
this.
I'm the breed vs. nature guy and I skip entire months of threads.

sometimes I switch to pain vs. nociception, other times I argue outdoor vs. indoor or byb vs "responsible" breeding. Most of the time I just ignore stuff though. Depends on my mood.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.