[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did I make the right choice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_3418.jpg (79KB, 750x728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3418.jpg
79KB, 750x728px
I'm sixteen years old and I just dropped out of high school. I'm hoping to get my GED, which is apparently called hightest or some shit now, and I'm going to take classes at massassoit next year. I honestly couldn't handle all of the homework combined with my job, and this honestly seems like the way to go. I'm interested in cooking, but I also might want to be a welder since they make a lot of money and I've been interested in metalworking for years. I already have a car and everything seems like it's going to be great but I'm still having some doubts. Any thoughts?
>>
You're apparently incapable of reading the rules too, so I don't think your future looks too bright.
>>
>>17853568
>Did I make the right choice?
>I'm sixteen years old and I just dropped out of high school.
no. no you did not.
>>
Is there an age restriction on here or something? And if so it's not like I'm on here for trap hentai or whatever you people like, I'm just here for honest advice.
>>
>>17853568
>combined with my job
Why do you have to have a job at 16? Aw, boo.
Also you're not allowed on 4chan before 18.
>Welder
Trades are cool
>>
Meant to reply to the other guy, but the GED basically confirms that I have a high school education, so I don't see a big deal.
>>
>>17853623
Yes. You will get banned for being under 18. Read the rules. 4chan.org/rules
>>
>>17853629
you won't be able to do shit for two years anyway since you're a child so why not just finish school normally?
>>
I have a job because I need money. I am planning on going to college, but I don't do well in social settings either so I decided to take a different direction.
>>
>>17853623
4chan is an 18+ website, and that rule is zealously enforced. Enjoy your 2 year ban anon.
>>
How would I even get banned, I posted anonymously.
>>
>>17853629
People will judge you and consider you either an idiot, a failure, or a victim of unfortunate circumstances. Because your situation requires you to have a job while in highschool, I'm guessing you're the last.
High school is considered the absolute bare minimum to complete in society. It doesn't look good if you are unable to complete it as the way our society expects.

Yeah, a GED is the same knowledge, yes. But high school also teaches you how to socialize and be a good little factory worker. And society doesn't care about logic, only about fee-fees.

>>17853644
IP bans.
>>
I honestly don't care if I get banned, this is my first time using this and I've gotten done what I needed done, so see you in two years.
>>
>>17853637
>I have a job because I need money.
Why

>I don't do well in social settings either
School is supposed to teach you how to do that. That's the whole point. That's why people will judge you for not figuring out how to deal with other people, because working a job will require you to deal with other people.
>>
>>17853644
>How would I even get banned, I posted anonymously.
Lmao
>>
I should have specified this but I mostly don't do well socially at school because I used to be really fucking weird and it pretty much made everyone hate me, but I've gotten over that. I just couldn't go to the same place for 2 more years with people that will hate me no matter what.
>>
>>17853669
Learning how to be in a place for two years with people who you don't get along with is how you learn how to survive in a work setting.
You and your classmates will grow a lot in these two years. These are vital times to learn these skills. You are doing yourself a disservice.
>>
Heres my experience.

Dropped out at 16 because I was depressed, had some friends but never really felt like I fit in. Took a year off, and realised i had made a mistake in dropping out because i wanted to try college out. Ended up having to do grade 11 over, so had to do 2 years of schooling. Ended up doing it in 1 1/2 years because of place i went to. Got decent grades, went to local college (canada). Got to college, realised I hated it, dropped out after 1 1/2 years, found cooking job in very busy restaurant, excelled at it because it was just stress management and being attentive+common sense (knife skills are easy to learn, all cooking is really straightforward, hardest thing about cooking is time management - being able to keep track of lots of things at once, being able to plan ahead, and also being able to improvise.)

Now I'm spending my free time training to eventually be a professional artist - I've drawn my whole life but it's just been doodling, nothing ever serious, but I've always enjoyed it and for some reason was too afraid to pursue it. Was always intimidated by kids who were in drawing and painting classes in school. Well, my experiences the past few years have given me much more confidence - college, having to live on my own, and dealing with the stressful restaurant environment.

Tl;dr I think you should at least finish high school, and if you don't enjoy college then pursue cooking, just know that a kitchen environment isn't for everyone, it will be hard, and staying in school around people you don't get along with is seriously just easymode of what a fulltime busy restaurant job is like.

Oh yeah welding is cool too but it wrecks your eyes, I'm sure you know this. Spoken to a few career welders about it - they enjoy it and make beautiful work.
>>
>>17853759
Are you taking commissions?
>>
>>17853686
You are not doing yourself a disservice
You can learn these skills easily on the job, 2 extra yeas of high school won't be the determining factor when it comes to dealing with people at work or in general

Source: I did independent study for my last two years currently working in an office

You're working already so this is really a non issue
>>
>>17853568

Come on man. I'd understand dropping out of College, but High School is a joke. I was a B+ student in High School, with a few A's here and there, while maintaining a part time job. High School is a complete joke. If you can't even handle that, i doubt you'll be a competent welder.

Anyways, get your goddamn GED and then come back to us in two years.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.