[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

People that learned a new language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Duolingo_logo.png (26KB, 332x300px) Image search: [Google]
Duolingo_logo.png
26KB, 332x300px
People that learned a completely new language they had no knowledge of to the point of being fluent and able to use it like their mother tongue. How did you do it?
>>
got to practice it erry day

just chip away at it

Jeder Tag, lese ich die Deutsche-Welle Zeitung, oder schau ich ein deutsche Let's Play, und naturlich I benutze Duolingo und Memrise
>>
dunno if I ever quite got to the point you describe, but immersion plus dedication to practice.
>>
>>16898755
>>16898751
Yeah, I'm learning Deutsch too.

I already know the grammar because I pick up that kind of stuff (in theory) but expanding the vocabulary is so hard.

http://bs.to/andere-serien

There is a lot of popular shows here dubbed into german so I watch it on one screen with google translate in the other and just type out everything they say but I keep coming back to most words. Duolingo is very time consuming but slow.
>>
>>16898771
nice! I would love to watch German TV shows

m-maybe we could be Duolingo friends?

What's your screenname?
>>
>>16898775
But good german tv shows are so hard to find... I mean, Deutschland 83 has great production and even if you can get over the leftist and gay propaganda (which I don't really mind but it's just so obvious) it only has a few episodes.
I just watch the stuff I watched already like Scrubs, Dead like me, Simpsons, Dexter, Psych, Rick and Morty. I love Seinfeld but it's kinda impossible to enjoy in german.

My screen name on duolingo is my real name and surname and I'm not really into getting doxxed.
>>
>>16898788
> using real name and surname

that's not very smart
>>
>>16898748
Does anybody learn russian? Is it hard?
>>
>>16898793
>on a website that teaches you words
>where it will never mean anything to anyone
>>16898801
My language is similar to russian and if you only know english you're in for a wild ride.
>>
>>16898814
If it doesn't mean anything to anyone, why would that guy care about getting doxxed? It's still a public profile
>>
Tv shows, youtube and some classes, that's your recipe.
>>
My native language is French (and Italian). I learnt English by first learning words and basic grammar (using ressources on the internet). Once I had enough vocabulary to build basic sentences I found people on the internet to speak English with (in online games mostly). Then I got to the point where I would hang out in skype with English-speaking people. Also I watch tv shows in English with subtitles. I went through the same process with Russian.

Eventually my English/Russian is very far from perfect, I would even say that it is pretty weak, however, I am able to hold a conversation "fluently" (text or voice) and read these languages.
>>
Moved to the country, lived there for 4 years. Really you're not gonna learn a language you don't use regularly
>>
>>16898801
it's actually not too bad in the beginning, but the cases (there's 6) over 3 genders kills you. This is coming from someone who is fluent in German as a foreign language (which has 4 cases). In Latin there's 5 cases which kinda makes sense, the 4 in German are actually one too little leading to lots of confusion. The extra one in Russian makes even less sense.
>>
>>16898853
I come from a language that has 7 and it all makes sense when you learn it from a young age.
>>
>>16898858
7 really? What language?

My native language has none (just like english) and it works just fine. Really no reason for them except maybe in literature.
>>
>>16898860
Croatian. Also 3 genders.

Yeah sure, some people will struggle especially if they had bad education but most do just fine.
>>
>>16898748
I am currently learning Spanish. I took a Spanish course at college but had to drop it this semester as I have a lot of other stuff to do.
Duolingo is pretty useful. I complteted the Duolingo tree. My Hispanic friend understands my Spanglish text messages. My listneing skills are crap though and I can barely understand what Spanish speakers are saying in Youtube videos.
>>
>>16898878
So is Duolingo pretty good? I'm pretty sceptical about it.
>>
>>16898748
By not being retarded.
>>
>>16899089
Better than what I expected
>>
i learned english since i was 4 years old,though it was always the same all the years, "verb to be" (spanish is my native language) and also most of my interests are always in english (video games,comics,films,etc) so i had to practice more if i wanted to understand.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.