[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My plan has failed..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: WP_20160213_14_15_21_Pro.jpg (3MB, 3552x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160213_14_15_21_Pro.jpg
3MB, 3552x2000px
Hi, autistic 18 year old here. I wanted to find some like-minded people, but my interests include and are limited to anime, games, and daydreaming, so it's kinda hard. I'm not even invested enough in anime/games to call myself a weeb/nerd.

My plan was to go to some place outside where people generally don't go, and wait there until I meet someone. This doesn't seem to be working though, I thought loners like me would go to places like that but I haven't seen anyone yet. I guess they must all be holed up in their homes. So how do I meet lonely autistic disinterested lazy selfish pricks IRL?
>>
>>16897662
Your plan sounds hella autistic. Idk try craiglist. Are you in school? Join a club or attend some events.
>>
>>16897670
I'm a NEET, and isn't Craigslist a good way to get murdered? And yea I guess it does sound pretty autistic
>>
>>16897662
>Wanting to meet assholes
>Going to places where most people do not go
>Assumes people who are lonely assholes go outside of their house very often, let alone meet someone like you
>Implying assholes are not cynical enough to even be willing to talk to you for a reasonable amount of time
>Not wanting to be more outgoing, socially capable, open-minded, etc.

Your plan is bulletproof.
>>
>>16897680
Never used craiglist before so idk but probably lol. Join a group or event in your community? Are you capable of making small talk?
>>
>>16897662
Are you me? Seriously the only difference is the age really.
>>
>>16897689
Well I was basing it on the assumption that if I saw some lonely dude outside I'd try to befriend him or something, and I can't be the only person in the world that thinks like that right? And they don't have to be an asshole, I try to be nice at least even if I'm an asshole at heart.
>>
>>16897702
I tried looking for some group but nothing that I could sustain a conversation about came up. I hate small talk though I guess I could do it for 5 mins before I ran out of stuff to discuss.

Are there some sites for meetups like that besides meetup.com (the one I checked already)?
>>
>>16897720
Nice to know people like me are out there, but damn it's hard to find them anywhere short of 4chan.
>>
>>16897726
Well ok... That still sounds really autistic. How is meeting someone like that less prone to get you murdered than craiglist...
>>
>>16897756
>go in crowded place
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>make friends
>>
>>16897764
he literally told you he was autistic.
>>
>>16897756
Never used it before. It's gonna be hard to make friends if you're a NEET. Most ppl make friends through work or education. Do you want irl friends or will online friends suffice? Cos you can always make friends through vidya.
>>
>>16897770
Oh god. I actually considered doing this. I think I've had enough 4chan for today.
>>
>>16897775
Everyone on here says they're autistic.
>>
>>16897662
What kind of games do you like?
>>
>>16897670
HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA HELLA
>>
>>16897764
OK well I've looked through Craigslist before and there wasn't anything interesting, so should I try posting a listing? Like under the Personals section?

>>16897770
What crowded places? Give examples please. Pereferably somewhere that's not super awkward to be alone at.

>>16897780
I guess online is fine. But I never made any friends online even though I frequent a lot of forums and stuff.
>>
>>16897791
As I said I'm not even that much of a gamer but older FPS games are what I play generally. Unreal Tournament would have to be the one I play most, pretty much every other game I almost-complete and then stop playing for some reason. I even dropped fucking Undertale.
>>
>>16897820
Replying to all of it:
1. Never used craiglist but have used similar site. Made a casual friend this way. It was aight.
2. A mall or a public library or a university lecture hall or church on Sunday mornings.
3. Do you play mmos? What bout guilds?
>>
>>16897835
Earthbound and Mother 3 is the shit. Fuck Undertale.
>>
>I want to meet people.
>Go to place without people.
Brilliant!

You don't need like-minded people. You need nice people, and then you need to not be a cunt to them.
>So how do I meet lonely autistic disinterested lazy selfish pricks IRL?
Construction yard or ghetto.

Look, forget the interests thing, forget the nice little cross that you've decided to nail yourself to for some fucking reason. You don't want to wallow in the filth that you were, more likely than not, born to. I don't know who or what did it to you, though I'm familiar enough with the story to guess that you had an absent or indifferent father, but I do know that what you need the most is someone who'll help you struggle back to your feet. Are you able to see a therapist? Some will give you a free appointment for consultation. Even a church or some kind of young adult support program would be better than nothing.
>>
Where are you located?
>>
>>16897839
OK I'll try Craigslist later.

>2. A mall or a public library or a university lecture hall or church on Sunday mornings.

Library is a good idea though.. But like, fuck, I'm way too anxious to actually try talking to someone. If it was outside and I could just run away when the conversation turned sour I could maybe do it, but in a quiet library or mall with a bunch of people I can't imagine myself starting a conversation. Also I'm pretty uncomfortable in churches and stuff, so I'd rather not go there :/ Although the people there are probably the nicest.....

3. Nope don't like MMOs :/ I've been in some FPS game clans but I never used voice comms or made friends with clan mates.
>>
>>16897890
Just don't like give out any personal info cos there some fucking weird people online.

You mean like literally run away wtf? Just walk away or go bout your business. Nah don't go to a church unless you're religious. Some of them will try to rope you in under the guise of conversion.

Should have used voice man. Why not try some new FPSs?
>>
>>16897849
Well, there were lots of nice people in school but I never could relate to them, and talking to them felt like a chore. It was hard to try to seem interesting when I'm not.

Dunno if I can find a free appointment.. Plus I can't drive and I don't want to tell my parents. Also it's not like my life is a super horrible hellhole, I just get a bit lonely in the middle of the night sometimes (like now). But thanks for the advice.

>>16897876
Phoenix, AZ
>>
>>16897890
Under the guise of friendship I mean.
>>
>>16897925
Too bad. Canadafag here.
>>
>>16897925
So close, yet so far. Only one state away
>>
>>16897919
Well, I tried talking to a random passer-by some time ago but I realized I was visibly shaking after I said "Hi", and that realization made it so awkward I just sprinted off as fast as I could. I dunno if I have the option of doing that in a library, they'll think I stole a book or something.

As for new FPSes, I'm just not interested I guess. I try a lot of new games and anime, then think "oh this is interesting, I finally found something I enjoy" and then get bored of it a few days later. I have like 10 games I installed, played for an hour or two, never touched again. And many anime I watched like 20/24 episodes and never finished.

Also I'm too anxious to use voice comms. Not because of the other players but because my parents might hear me talking, and this makes me super uncomfortable for some reason.
>>
>>16897662
I'm 28 and im in the same situation. Can't talk to new people so no social interaction outside of work. Not into anime tho, but into metal horror and fucked up movies.
>>
>>16897927
What do you mean by that? Talking to a stranger under the guise of friendship? I don't have the balls to do that...

>>16897937
:(

>>16897955
:(
>>
>>16897960
Just don't do that man. Just walk away. Pratice in the mirror. Are your parents not supportive or will they make fun of you for talking to people online?
>>
>>16897979
I mean sometimes church ppl will befriend you but all they want is to convert you. I have had that happen before when I switched schools and had to make friends from scratch.
>>
>>16897979
Sorry OP. :(
>>
>>16897987
Well, I'm not saying I will definitely do that but it's hard to walk up to someone and start talking if I don't have a "path of retreat" (running away). How can you just walk away? That's too embarrassing. I can do it easily in the mirror, but I can't imagine myself doing it for real.

I doubt my parents would make fun of me but I still can't bring myself to do it. Might be because my mom used to be overprotective and eavesdropped on me all the time in my childhood.

>>16897996
Oh yeah, I guess church isn't a good idea then. I'm not religious anyway.
>>
File: book-revue-c2a9-warner-brothers.jpg (39KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
book-revue-c2a9-warner-brothers.jpg
39KB, 640x426px
>>16897720
no this is me
>>
>>16898033
Try counting backwards from 100 and walk away. Maybe work your way up social interaction wise. Offer to go pick up the groceries so you'll have to interact with the cashier at least. How come you're not in school or working?
>>
>>16898049
>Try counting backwards from 100 and walk away.

Well, when I imagine myself doing this I still think it'd feel awkward and I'd run away. Should I practice this out on the street first? I get a sinking feeling just thinking about this though..

Well I have no problem getting the groceries as I don't really have to say anything to the cashier. I'm a NEET only for a few more months, then will probably go to college but I doubt that will change anything.
>>
>>16898094
Just practice. Also it'll get better once you get to college trust. It's late here but if you wanna talk you can email me at [email protected] yes fig not fag.
>>
>>16898099
Well if it gets better in college then cool. I'm probably going to sleep now too, but might email you tomorrow maybe. Thanks for the help man
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.