[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I cope with the fact that I will never live in a medieval/fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1456378188213.jpg (180KB, 1024x670px) Image search: [Google]
1456378188213.jpg
180KB, 1024x670px
How do I cope with the fact that I will never live in a medieval/fantasy world? That I'll never drink in a tavern with good friends after a day of adventuring, I'll never walk through castles with royal friends, will never fight with a sword, etc.
I already work in a medieval style inn, I can go hiking, I can travel the world on horseback, but I will never find an inn to rest, bathe and place my horse, or discover new things or get quests. It will never be as good, I will always be stuck in this shit reality.
>>
Larp I guess
>>
books are your friends

also alot of RPGs have the medieval feel to it
>>
>>16885147
Tried that, but it's ot the real thing you know

>>16885151
I haven't been able to enjoy games/rpgs for the last few years, no matter how hard I try to immerse myself. Skyrim was the last game I could play for hours.
If you have any good book recommendations, I'd like to hear them. But then again, it'll never be real.
>>
well first you should realize that your fantasies do not actually reflect the reality of medieval life and are just that, fantasy, so don't fall into that "I was born in the wrong generation" nonsense.

>>16885177
read The Decameron, by Boccaccio who was a Florentine from the mid 14th century. its a collection of 100 short stories that are often funny, political commentary, and some are very racy. The guy has a very good sense of humor and the stories do a lot to illustrate life if that makes any sense. At the beginning he says he wrote the book for noble women who were forced to stay inside all day while men got to go out and have adventures.
>>
What you are looking for, OP, is called the Society for Creative Anachronism (SCA for short). Close as you're going to get, and honestly, close enough for most purposes.
>>
>>16885135
Go to renaissance festivals. Play fantasy RPG's. Wait for fully immersive virtual reality.
>>
>>16885177
You should try ESO, way more content than Skyrim.
>>
>>16885135
By realizing that in a medieval setting you'd be illiterate, you would shit in a horrible letrine and you'd die at 35.

You need to realize that those books and movies are just fantasy and there's a reason why they call it the dark ages
>>
>>16885702
I was gonna suggest this, but you beat me to it.
>>
File: Vissarion 38.jpg (97KB, 702x563px) Image search: [Google]
Vissarion 38.jpg
97KB, 702x563px
MOVE TO SIBERIA!
>>
>>16885723
>>16885729
Already doing those

>>16885702
It isn't enough

>>16885736
First of all that's bullshit, and secondly yes I know there weren't any dragons either. It's besides my point.
>>
Become a journeymen.
>>
>>16885736
>people back in the day died really young cause life was hard and humans were apparently more fragile
>it wasn't just due to ridiculous infant mortality rates

When will this meme end?
>>
>>16885135
Console yourself with the knowledge that you'll never die of the plague either
>>
>>16886670
Plenty of other diseases now
>>
form a community of likeminded people who would like to create an ideal community and try out virtual reality consoles like vive. maybe you can even come up with altering softwares.
>>
>>16887743
none of them are like the plague
>>
>>16886425
Not even a meme bro, if you survived then sure but more than likely you'd have died an infant. So no quests then. Also you'd probably be indentured to some guy to make a living, so no "questing", whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. If you're a fat, indolent, lazy fucktard now, you'd still be a malnourished, illiterate imbecile in the dark ages. Plus your birth would be more important, and statistically you'd be far more likely to be born to serfs or dirtfarmers. tl;dr - you're delusional
>>
>>16887810
If you died an infant you wouldn't have consciousness anyway. But I'm not asking to be teleported back in time, I'm asking how to deal with being stuck in this world.
>>
>>16889053
Join the French Foreign Legion. Or your home country's military.

Fight wars, not caring which powers you serve or who you're fighting so long as you're fighting alongside your brothers.
After hard, bitter fighting, hit the bars. Eat food, drink beer, fuck girls until you've had your fill because the next deployment is coming up.
Then get out of the military and start contracting and you're basically living the dream.
>>
Create it yourself or suffer what else the world can offer. I view my life as a medieval plethora of quests viewed from the perspective of our descendents about a millenium hence.

I think you've just list your imagination and you rely on external stimuli to do all the work for you, and so your mind has become stagnant with disuse. Nothing material can fix this - you must study and learn about yourself a lot more.
>>
Wait for virtual reality with the rest of us.

Give it five-ten years, and we'll have some incredible stuff. Not that the Rift and Vive aren't really fucking cool already, but think about where smartphones were 8 years ago. The first iPhone launched at 600$, and now you can buy something with equal or better specs for 20$ at Walmart.
>>
>>16885135
I'm surprised no one talked about it : read Don Quixote and essays about the book. You'll never go to a fantasy setting, so fight the delusion by understanding how it's created.
>>
>>16885135
You wouldn't do any of these things. You'd worked the damned fields for me and you'd learn you're damned place in the world.
>>
File: I Believe In You!.png (450KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
I Believe In You!.png
450KB, 1000x1000px
>>16885135
Coping is for people who give up, you're not a quitter are you OP? Here is a simple solution.

>Become Terrorist
>Wipe out the world's tech with EMP's
>Logistics network breaks down
>Widespread starvation and anarchy
>Wait for things to settle down
>You are now a wanderer in a medieval world

Not that easy in practice but if you truly want something you'll do anything to obtain it. Never give up on your dream OP because we believe in you.
>>
>>16889092
Will be doing that in a few months already
>>
>you will never die of easily preventable causes
>you will never be killed for following the wrong religion or lack thereof
>you will never be a slave to a lord
>you will never live without internet, central heating, indoor plumbing, toothpaste, washing machines, electric light, and organized public services like firefighters and police
>>
lmfao holy fuck op you are so delusional

do you honestly think that people in the medieval ages lived like the people you see in movies?? do you seriously think that the snippets of scripted television is anything remotely similar to the life of a commoner hundreds of years ago?

"adventuring" sure dude, sure. what makes you think you would have all of these friends in the tavern? you dont have any now, why the fuck would they like you back then? face it, you'd be killed off by the time you hit 14
>>
>>16890660
No you twat, and as I mentioned earlier, I'm not asking to be teleported back in time.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.