[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

19yo here, I've a date on 12th of March Any advice? Her

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: 1431278090989.gif (652KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
1431278090989.gif
652KB, 900x506px
19yo here, I've a date on 12th of March

Any advice? Her hobbies are fashion, literature and movies

She has [spoiler] an Instagram account with 20 000+ follows [/spoiler] but she's still shy as fuck

My budget is $1000 and it's my first date ever, what clothes/stuff should I buy and what should I talk about

HELP
>>
>>16883635
Just be yourself.
>>
>>16883635

Just go on a cruise for the weekend. Also $1000 is really low for the first date. With that many instagram followers the usual budget range is $5000 - $10,000. Look up the most expensive restaurants in the world and fly her out to Japan or something to go to one, if you don't want her to be completely disappointed.
>>
>>16883642
>$5000 - $10,000
Jesus fucking christ

I forgot to mention - I live in Europe, so that much money is unimaginable
>>
>>16883652

>so that much money is unimaginable

To you. That doesn't mean it isn't what she is used to and expects.
>>
>>16883670
Basically this. I have only 5k followers, and I'd be happy with $1000, but she's expecting more because she knows she's worth it and if you don't, some other guy will
>>
File: 1449445328241.jpg (12KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1449445328241.jpg
12KB, 224x225px
Just take her out for a nice dinner, you don't need a grand, jesus christ.
>>
>>16883677
>Just take her out for a nice dinner

That's what I'm going to do but I need to buy some good clothes and I don't know shit about fashion.
>>
>>16883635
Holy fuck senpai you don't even know her.
Low investment. Go get coffee at a book shop christ.
Dress like a human male and talk about stuff.
>>
>>16883642
>>16883670
Fuck this dude, 1000 is pretty okay for a first date. Just be yourself, try to have fun with her, keep the small talk rolling, maybe get her a fancy gift like some jewelry. Also, don't do the dinner first, that could lead to some awkward moments. As for clothes, go classic casual, not too dressy, not clothes you would just throw on. Be well groomed, and for chrisssakes brush your tongue. What should you talk about. What do you always talk about? Just hang out, man. Like you always do? Don't ask if she's having fun more than twice.
>Fashion
Does she window shop? Some girls just like to look around for no reason.
>Literature
What kind? If you're a reader too, talk about your genres and authors. Take her to a bookstore if she's really interested in it.
>Movies
Well,take her to one!
>>
>>16883635
1k for a first date is so overboard I don't even know how you're doing this OP. Don't go spending a grand on a girl you don't even know shit about. DO NOT.

Go out to a nice dinner, talk a lot, take a walk, maybe do something fun like shop at a used book store. That would be an ideal date for me not even exceeding 100 dollars.

If you bought me shit on a first date, I'd be so uncomfortable and really overwhelmed.
>>
>>16883677
>>16883684
>>16883692
>>16883702
>>16883705

Hahahaha, oh man, I almost want to help you guys troll. It would be worth it if I could see the girl's face when she realizes that the guy seriously thinks $1000 is enough for a first date.

>>16883675

At least you seem to know where you need to be to have a chance.
>>
>>16883702
$1000 is my budget for clothes and stuff like that, I'm worried because her biggest hobby is fucking fashion

>>16883722
Screw it, if it won't work I won't even be surprised

Still, she's worth a try
>>
>>16883722
>At least you seem to know where you need to be to have a chance.
I *think* I could get more, since I've built up a pretty strong and relatively large follower-base in only about 4-5 months, so I think my potential for growth could get me more, but I like to say $1000 as a minimum.
>>
>>16883730

You know I am just fucking with you, right? If you know nothing about fashion, you would be an idiot to spend that much on clothing. Assuming you have NO decent-condition clothing whatsoever, it looks like this in the US:
$40 jeans
$60-120 shoes
$20-60 sweater or shirt

You shouldn't be dropping more than $200 on clothing. And again, that's assuming you don't already have those things in decent condition.
>>
>>16883732

You are trolling as well, right? Or is your autism really that strong. I am not even sure.
>>
>>16883730
I doubt she'd ask for Jimmy Choos on the first date anon. First dates are for testing the waters. You don't take a girl on a fucking cruise ship like this faggot >>16883722
Just don't blow your entire wad on her, and don't start with dinner. Also, why not start with something simple? Grab a coffee, lunch, a bar. It doesn't have to be an all day thing. Unless you're planning an outing. You could do one of those before the date as well, just to get a feel for her.
>>
>>16883741
I'll probably have to buy new jeans and shoes, but what should I choose?

Also I'm not this >>16883732 guy

>>16883750
From what I know she really likes Cupcake Corner and we're probably going to be walking right in front of it, so I was thinking about stopping by. Is this a good idea?
>>
File: craig.jpg (17KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
craig.jpg
17KB, 225x300px
>>16883751

The default answer is "If you don't know how to dress, imitate james bond." Ib4 "cringe" - the pictures I am posting are the ultimate low-key not try-hard decent clothing.

Note the picture I posted - you could do with a shirt that is a bit looser and longer. Also, jacket could be swapped with a nice black or red form-fitting sweater. If you are fat, I can't help you.
>>
File: craig2.jpg (187KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
craig2.jpg
187KB, 500x500px
>>16883788

If it's warm, you could just go with a polo. I don't know who the fuck picked the shoes in the picture, but they are fucking trash - there should be something that looks like a mix of dress shoes and casual sneakers that is ideal with jeans. Someone should be able to pitch in. My problem is that they are purely for casual wear and not formal enough for meetings and you can't use them at gym, so I don't like them, but they are ideal.

Look at main picture here, not side shit - it's just something I found on google. The jean fit in both pictures is perfect.
>>
>>16883751
Yeah, that'll work beforehand.
>>
>>16883788
>>16883798
Thanks. I'm not fat, far from it, so a tight shirt isn't a problem

Is something like pic related okay?
>>
>>16883831

Yea, but wear socks that go to your ankle bone or above.
>>
All right OP, I'll help you out.

Clothes and such depends on where you're taking her, and how old you are.
For an example: If you're taking her for some coffee, suit will make you look like you like a tryhard. If you still want to make it look special, you could wear a sweatshirt with a shirt under, and wear some jeans and normal sneakers.

Now over to the conversations. You said that she's pretty shy, but she has 20000 followers? Well maybe she is shy because its you. She would've maybe acted sassy in front of another guy. If you're pretty normal and social, the conversations will work out by itself. Or else just talk about movies, I suppose that you're not really into clothes and books OP.

And where you take her depends on what kind of a girl she is, is she the classy type? or the chill type?
If you don't know, just take her and have a coffee
>>
>>16883837
I'm 19 and she's 18.

She's shy in front of everyone, not only me. I'm more of an extroverted enthusiastic person so most of our conversations are smooth. [spoiler] Also she never shows the face on instagram photos because they're more 'artsy' than 'cool' [/spoiler]

I'll probably go for the casual look, she's not really into serious looking dudes in suits.
>>
>>16883852

Suit is just too much for your age. And that's not "hurr durr, you are a kiddie," you would just look try-hard as fuck in a suit outside of some formal event.
>>
>>16883852
Go for the casual but classy look (sweatshirt and shirt) But don't fuck up the color matching of your look. No one wants to look like Super Mario (red shirt, blue sweatshirt)
Just complete that with some nice jeans and shoes.

Do you know what kind of food she likes?
>>
>>16883888
Yeah, after visiting Cupcake Corner we'll probably go for some sushi, she loves it
>>
Ya'll trolls are f*cking crazy.

I took a girl on a first date hiking at one of the lesser known spots in town, afterwards shared some french fries and non-alcoholic drinks at the restaurant in the mountain village.

$30, including gas and food.

If you need to buy a new wardrobe for this girl, she's not worth it.

If she has 20,000 followers on instagram, she's an attention whore. I have only 500, and I'm one of the most well known hikers in Southern California.

Who's "hobby" is fashion anyway? If it's her career, then awesome. If by hobby she means buying clothes on daddy's credit card, run.

>baited
>>
>>16883931
>SoCal
disgusting
>>
Okay, OP, you don't need to worry. /adv/ has got your back.

Firstly, don't say anything about fashion unless she instigates the conversation. You likely do not know anything about it, and you do not want to seem stupid for obvious reasons. Instead, steer the conversation towards books and movies. A popular topic is how movie adaptations are always worse than the original book, but I'll leave that up to you. Make sure you know what kind of books/movies she likes -there are obviously differences between sci-fi, fantasy, novels, romance and the like. You want to be reasonably knowledgeable of the specific type of literature she likes, but not too knowledgeable. Besserwissers are never liked.

Secondly, when choosing clothing go with simple yet stylish. A striped or checkered shirt (avoid white at all costs) with jeans and black shoes goes a long way. Avoid anything to fancy, meaning don't come there in fucking tails.

Thirdly, don't buy her anything, at least not for the first three dates. You don't want to make it seem like you are trying to buy her off.

Fourthly, if she has 20 000+ followers and is still shy around you she might very well be so because she finds you attractive or hard to approach. This part really depends on you, but if you are having food with her you should try to keep conversation going until you hear her voice every fifteen seconds or so. If you're a charismatic guy, twenty might be fine, but don't overwhelm her. If SHE is the one overwhelming you, try to say something, even if it's just an agreeing "uh-huh", every ten to fifteen seconds.

The Dateguru of /adv/ bids you good luck, Anon.
>>
This thread is fantastic.

I still can't believe OP only has $1000 for a first date. On my first date I spent $17,000, and that was 35 years ago, so imagine how much that is now with inflation.
>>
>>16883635
Dude,with that many followers she is used to a level of attention that no single man will be able to quench for too long.

Be chill, have fun on your terms, don't try to "win her over", just have fun on the date with you that she happens to be a part of. Don't "convince" her.

All that said, OP I want you to know that if things don't work, it isn't because of you. You most likely aren't going to do anything wrong. She is just corrupted by social media. She clearly has some kind of addiction if she spends that much time on IG accepting/sending friend requests, posting pictures of her life, etc. Even if you start going out, guaran-fucking-TEE she will still be posting pictures of her self, most likely with cleavage, just soaking in all the attention for horny perverts/beta orbiters that she willingly keeps as her followers - with no care at all that her bf might not like it.

Holy fuck do not buy her clothes, wtf is wrong with you. Max, the date should be $200 if oyu go out to eat some place nice, pay for parking, and entrance to what ever activity y'all do for the night.
>>
Jesus, just go out and have some fun, it's a date not a business meeting. Go out for a coffee and talk, get to know each other. Don't go out of your way to impress her, that's a sign of insecurity. Don't spend 1000$ on a fucking date, that's just retarded. Don't buy clothes just for a date unless you have nothing else to wear.

It's just a fucking date.
>>
File: Sad-Frog-Meme-Girl-08.png (288KB, 550x535px) Image search: [Google]
Sad-Frog-Meme-Girl-08.png
288KB, 550x535px
>that feel when you only have 100 instragram followers, so men only spend $5 on our first date...
>>
>>16883931

dude, are there really famous hikers? i can't name one.
>>
It isn't famous in the way you think, like celebrity status like Brad Pitt or Johnny Depp, hikers have their own little world where everyone knows each other.
>>
>>16883635
>spending a thousand shekels on a first date
no bueno, even if you are rich. especially if you are rich. you have much to learn, young one. bear in mind that this will end horribly, and try to remember everything you can about the event to refine your technique. also, do some googling. the game theory/pua shit does have some useful information, just dont take it too seriously.
>>
>only $0.05 per follower
top kek lad she's gonna dump ya
>>
>>16884023
>On my first date I spent 17k
You got fucking robbed m8
>>
>>16883852
Never spend $1000 on a woman that isn't the love of your life. She is 18. Take her to dinner and to a secluded spot.

By the way women with that many social media followers are usually way too gassed up to have something real with. Especially if she's 18.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.