[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need advice on how to deal with an issue

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: help.jpg (7KB, 413x303px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
7KB, 413x303px
I live with my mother 50% of the time. My parents are divorced and both remarried, witch has never bothered me, but my mother continuously hits me an hurts me even 30 minutes after a fight, her and her husband show no care or respect towards me. We get in physical fights slot, and I'm not proud of it. I have tried being kinder to them but it never works, and they come up with arbitrary nicknames to call me EX: lanegina, or retard, or gay. But I am recently more fed up than usual, and have been having suicidal thoughts and actions. It isn't much better at school either.

I would like to change this, and live my life without these problems. Please help me /adv/
>>
I honestly would like some advice, I don't know what to do
>>
>>16877746
Are there any free counselors in your school you can see? Your mother is being abusive, and you should prioritize getting away from her. These are serious warning signs, not simply "issues." You need to take steps to protect yourself from your toxic home environment. It will get better, OP, and possibly soon, but you need to reach out to a helpline for domestic abuse and/or school/community counseling services ASAP.
>>
I have gone to a counselor at my school, but my mother made me sound like I knew nothing, and in turn I was getting laughed at by the counselor
>>
I also can't hold a conversation about this without crying or breaking down, and I fear getting made fun of for having to go to counseling.
>>
>>16877839
>>16877849
Did the counselor actually laugh at you, or did your mother "explain" to you that they were secretly not taking you seriously?
Listen. Your mother is a bad person. She may not know it, she is your mother, but she is a bad person. She is hurting you. She is not someone you should trust. This may mean, for a while, you won't have anyone to trust, and this is scary and lonely. And I'm sorry you have to go through this, but at this point, you just need to get back out.
Go to the counselor again, cry if you need to, it's ok. I've cried in front of counselors (I mean therapist, not guidance councelors) countless times. You need to get out. How close are you to finishing school? You need to see the counselor and tell them that your mother made it sound like they were making fun of you. Your situation is serious and your complaints are completely valid, but obviously your mother, who is hurting you, does not want anything to change. There are many people in the world who are better than her.
>>
I was there when the guidance counselor was snickering at my story, it hurt alot and I don't know how to approach the other counselors for help, I'm almost done with 8th grade but IDK if I'm gonna pass this year and I plan on getting my dad to help me out of the situation, but she doesn't leave marks anymore so I have no proof, except my brother watching it.
>>
ugh, this sucks. can't you go to your dad?
>>
>>16877905
I am trying to, but he is telling me to wait it out
>>
>deal with it just like i did
>once you turn 18 get a job just like i did
>once you get your 1st paycheck leave home without a word to anyone just like i did
>stabilize your life just like i`m doing
trying to save up some cash to get my degree don`t let that shit take you down OP
>>
>>16877917
i don't know how the law works in your country, but where i'm from, you'd be with your dad asap. can't you get some video evidence with your phone or something?
>>
>>16877922
That's in 5 years, what do I do between then
>>
>>16877929
I'm not even supposed to have a phone here, but my dad let's me sneak it incase my mom or her husband do anything
>>
>>16877931
i have no idea.
but for what i get your father seems the best option.
>>
>>16877929
I will try though
>>
OP I'm just popping in to say I very much agree with This anon. >>16877822
>>16877861

If your counselor laughed at you he is a fraud and does not deserve his job. Talk to ANYONE else who is some kind of authority figure you can put some trust in like a teacher.

Also I think you should be explicit to your dad about how you are feeling, and if he isn't immediately committed to helping you bring up the suicidal tendencies, and if he doesn't take action fuck him, bring this to the aforementioned authority figure who will hopefully be a competent human being about this.
>>
New guy here, gonna leave some judgmental stuff so feel free to glance over the next few things.

1. The counselor is fucked up and doesn't deserve a job, let alone compassion

2. Parents are supposed to protect their kids from harm, your mom is a failure of a mom.

Advice= Be better than them.
>>
Thanks everybody for helping me out, I'm going to try to go to a different school counselor and get the rights switched to 100% my dad, or close to it. I will also try to lessen my depression.
>>
You've all changed my mind about some topics, and helped me see some things I didn't understand, and for that, I thank you
>>
Anytime, you're welcome.
Stay Determined
>>
if none of this advices work just follow these steps
>gather 25 bucks
>go to nearest bum you see
>"i`ll pay you 25 bucks if you kick my stepdad ass and say to never touch me again"
>bum is happy
>you are happy
>your father is happy
>your stepfather never touches you again

>inb4 try looking for an ex trooper bum
>>
>>16877974
>>16877984
You can do it Crimson! Sometimes things feel hopeless and desperate, but after keeping yourself safe, you'll feel better. Just trust me when I say, you will be SO grateful that you did not take your life once the storm has passed. Your situation is not hopeless and a better life is closer to you than you think.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.