[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I learn to like real coffee instead of sugar syrupy shit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (53KB, 605x539px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53KB, 605x539px
How do I learn to like real coffee instead of sugar syrupy shit?

I want the cheap comfy caffeine but it tastes so gross
>>
Day one: drink gross coffee

Repeat until you can bare it or appreciate it, or spend extra money on nicer coffee. I don't know. I don't even drink coffee anymore
>>
>>16873856
Buy a French Press then buy some decent coffee. The French Press is gonna be around $20-30 for a cheap one. The decent coffee is gonna be around $10-15 for a bag.

I used to drink instant coffee for years. I've been drinking good coffee for about a year now and the taste is incredibly superior. I

I drink my coffee black by the way because it actually tastes good.
>>
get older. the older you get the more tolerant you become to bitter flavor.
>>
>>16874171
More like you lose taste buds and your sense of smell dulls. You don't become tolerant to bitterness. I mean you can, but you more so just don't sense it anymore.
>>
Have you tried tea? I can tolerate coffee but I never enjoyed it. Tea, on the other hand, is great.
>>
>>16873856

none of us drank our first beer and htought it was good. or any alcohol. but somehow we develop a taste. mostly through forcing ourselves to drink it. considering coffee is your daily routine it should be even easier / faster.

that being said, why not just cut caffiene out?
>>
This. It's an acquired taste.
>>
>>16874249
Not OP, but that caffeine rush in the morning can really wake me up. I acknowledge it isn't the healthiest of habits though.
>>
>>16874249
2 years ago a study was conducted that found a surprisingly strong correlation between coffee drinkers and reduced risk of fatty liver, a lot of research is being done on that potential link now but I drink coffee daily while waiting for the findings because I'm at an increased risk of developing fatty liver.
>>
Repetition. It's the same with drinking liquor... it's gag-inducing at first, but you get used to it. Also, focus on the smell. The sense of smell is tied closely to taste, and even people who don't drink coffee will admit that it smells good.
>>
>>16873856
>I want the cheap comfy caffeine but it tastes so gross

That's because cheap coffee tastes fucking gross.

I've always hated coffee and (still) prefer tea. But good, unburned, freshly ground coffee can taste fucking amazing.

Bur Mill coffee bean grinder($40), French/Italian press ($15), good quality mild whole bean coffee like french vanilla, Hazzlenut, Kona coffee ($20+).

I can drink that stuff straight black.
>>
start out with coffee and a regular creamer and then just wean yourself down until you're drinking black coffee. that's what i've been doing and it works well so far. they also make flavored coffees; even though they're instant, they taste a little sweeter than the regular cheap folger's/community coffee.
>>
>>16874190

Tea is for pansies (like me but that's besides the point)

>>16874151
>>16874334

I believe I may have had "quality coffee" before, but I hated it just as much, if not more. Am I doomed to plebeian taste buds?
>>
>>16875551
Start taking speed instead of caffeine.
>>
>>16873856
Get all the caffeine you want from Coca Cola.
>>
You can just take normal coffee with a cuntload of sugar and milk, have it taste like what you're used to

Then use slightly less until you don't bother putting it in anymore
>>
>>16873856
Drink it strong and only if it smells good. Also have something to eat that works with it.
>>
Cheap coffee is always going to be terrible. I guess you need to only drink it until it tastes okay for you. Or drink some good espresso.
>>
How about a related questions: How much of too much? I drink a pot of black coffee a day but limit it to that because I'm not sure if that's even OK. Based on the containers I use a pot is about 56oz.
>>
>>16873856
I drank black dennys coffee through hogh school.

I'd say the first step is to never drink soda again, that nasty shit is ruining your taste and making you fat.

Then just start drinking coffee. It doesn't taste bad at all. I only drink coffee extra black or espressos.

I also drink ipas and hard alcohol with watet and ice a lot.

Stop eating sugary foods. No candy, no soda, no deserts. Cut down on carbs in general. Eat spicier foods. Try Seshwan chinese sauce. Shit is amazing and very spicy.
>>
>>16874189
Yeah, at 23 I've lost so many it's crazy.
>>
>>16875794
Try not to exceed 800mg of caffeine a day. I don't fucking know the concentration of your coffee.
>>
>>16875655
Coffee is coffee imo. Obviously not instant. But dark roast is dark roast is dark roast.
>>
>>16875806

I'm usually averse to drinking calories in general. That's why I want to be able to drink straight black coffee.
>>
Try going to a nice coffee shop that specializes in getting coffees from around the world.

I discovered one of those in my town when I was in college and after I tried of few of theres and figured out what I liked and didn't like, then I started to develop a taste for it. The stupid part is that a lot of these places are cheaper than all the fru-fru drinks you'll find at chains like starbucks.

Life's too short for folgers.
>>
>>16873856
Get caffeine in capsules
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.