[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what age should I be worried I don't have a girlfriend?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1456105013887.jpg (31KB, 428x376px) Image search: [Google]
1456105013887.jpg
31KB, 428x376px
At what age should I be worried I don't have a girlfriend?

I know some people say "Just wait for it" But like, When should I stop waiting?
>>
>>16870519
You gotta go get a girlfriend

if I know one thing in this world it's that girls almost never ask guys out.
>>
>>16870519
How old are you?
>>
>>16870519
At the risk of sounding cryptic, when you're ready.

Have a job? Have your own place? Then it's time.
>>
>>16870519
How old are you?
>>
>>16870519

>at what age should i be worried i dont have a girlfriend

no age? people can be single at any age.

do you mean enver having had a girlfriend? how old are you now. under what circumstancedo you find you dont have a gf?

ive been single for about 4 years now, but its just easier living a single life and haivng sex when you can.
>>
>>16870519
There are single people in their 30s, 40s, and older, you know.
>>
>>16870519

You shouldn't be out there actively seeking out a girlfriend. This doesn't mean you ought to be anti-social, but people need to stop acting like having a girlfriend is something that you absolutely *need* There are far more important things in your life to accomplish than having a girlfriend.
>>
>>16870718

this. standards are a thing. going out with any girl who will say yes just so you can say 'i have a gf' is somethign that middleschoolers did in yahoo chatrooms before immediately confessing their love to the girl without ever having seen a picture.

if you're too ugly / bad personality to get a girl you actually appreciate, its okay to be single. nothign wrong with having standards if you accept the sacrifices that come with it. so long as you dont whine on it.

but getting a GF is like getting a 'dream job'. you cant put a timeline on it. you can only keep working at being your best and doing what you like to do along the way. and maybe if ur lucky you'l lget that little something extra (the dream job, the girlfriend, etc).
>>
dont even try and find one. you dont litterally need one. be happywithyourself then youcan live and not worry about it and get there when you get there.
>>
>>16870519
I wonder about the same thing. I'm soon to be 21 and never done more than holds hands with one girl who I was kinda orbiting around while she was taken for a bit.

I work some while attending community college and living with my parents. I don't really have any good friends either. Acquaintances at best. I feel like I shouldn't even try with girls until I've created a social life but I've been trying to do that for 2 years now.
>>
File: 1451455688983.jpg (49KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1451455688983.jpg
49KB, 720x960px
>>16871551
I can totally relate anon.

I'm 23 + obviously KV + diagnosed mild asperger for bonus points, and after a shitty depression that made me drop out, I'm clawing my way back up, I'm back in uni, soon in math grad school, started lifting, getting results with my socializing efforts... Sometimes I'm struggling and fighting feels too hard, then I remember how far I've come. I can't just give up now.
I'm getting healthier, smarter and more social. I want a gf but not in a "need" way, I've just never had an intimate relationship and they sound like fun so why not give it a shot ? I'm happy with myself and motivated to keep on improving regardless, so not desperate, just open to opportunities. I don't think there's much more I could ask for at this stage.

Stay strong anonbro, if we have the willpower/discipline we're all gonna make it.
>>
I believe 30 is the official wizard age
>>
>>16870718
>There are far more important things in your life to accomplish than having a girlfriend
Sure. But if he was having trouble with other things he'd be asking about those.

>>16870741
>you cant put a timeline on it. you can only keep working at being your best
If giving up is a possibility then a timeline exists

If you're under-aged, don't worry. If you haven't been trying, start. If you're 20+ and have been trying for a couple of years then there's a problem.
>>
>>16871654
What if you're 20+ and haven't been trying at all?
>>
>>16871659
Hasn't your mother been talking to you about grandchildren?
>>
>>16871659
Start.
>>
>>16870519
Girlfriend won't arrive randomly if you just "wait for it". Don't make it the main focus of your existence, but try to meet girls, ask people out, whatever.
If you never even tried to have a relationship in your mid 20s, then you should worry a bit, yes.

>>16871621
Your post really made me smile.
>>
File: roses.jpg (12KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
roses.jpg
12KB, 278x181px
>>16870519
>When should I stop waiting?
You shouldn't be waiting. You have to actively pursue it. And by pursue I don't mean going out to bars and being all, "hey bb u wan sum fuk". Women are attracted to different things, but the two most recurring themes are usually money (read: safety, provider) or good looks (read: genetic fit, successful offspring). Everything else in between is the shit that makes you not want to strangle each other after a year or two (read: personality, similarities).

In short, work on yourself until you're competitive - if you can confidently say that you're a good looking guy, who has a good, stable job and enough income to raise a kid and buy a bunch of shiny trinkets that'll impressive even the most Kardashian of whores, then you're off to a good start. Then actively seek out environments where you can socialize with women, and eventually be like, "hey bb wan sum fk".

But seriously, I think it's sad that you're down on yourself for not having a girlfriend. Women are a poor yardstick of validation. The reason being - there's always someone better looking, more money, whatever. If you bet the farm on a girl to find validation, when things go to shit - which is pretty decent odds - that giant hole inside you opens back up and you're back to square one. The truth is, and I know it sounds sappy, but you gotta be happy being on your own. Do this shit that you love, the shit that doesn't revolve around a girl. If you don't meet someone, it's not so bad. And if do you meet someone and hit it off, that's cool. And if you break up, it'll suck, but not as bad as it might have been if you were in it for the wrong reasons.
>>
>At what age should I be worried I don't have a girlfriend?
never, make life good without one. it's not upto some girl to make your life worth living and no girl is attracted to a guy whose life isn't worth living without a grill.

>I know some people say "Just wait for it" But like, When should I stop waiting?
those people are idiots! you don't wait for it. I don't think you can actively search for the right one but you can increase the chance of meeting and connecting with that person by
>being around womyn
>talking to womyn
>being open and approachable
>being interesting
>being interested, like allways ask questions and get the other person to talk about themselves
>>
>>16871654

>if giving up is a possibility then a timeline exists

nope. you can spend your hwole life trying to do something and have it never happen. not everyone pasts a tests, gets their dream job, becomes an actor or an astroanut, or whatever. a lot of thigns, no matter how hard you try, wont just happen when you want them to. you can only do your best, and see what happens.

>if you're under-aged, dont worry

im 23. i have a gf. i was single for 4 years waiting for the right girl to come along instead of just dating a girl so ican say 'i haz a gf'. cuz like i said, thats retarded. when i was able to say 'ive been single for 4 years' i could wear that like a badge of honor. i wasnt desperate.

but on the other hand, i was attractive enough to turn down relationships so that helps.
>>
>>16870566

my current girlfriend practically raped me
>>
>>16872311
If you didn't get it done in your lifetime then that's definitely a time limit exceeded.
As for being single for 4 years; this thread is really about never having had a girlfriend or being unable to find one. Everyone is single at one point, and if you're single by choice then what's the problem.

>cuz like i said, that's retarded
Please, nobody is desperate for status. People are looking for love and emotional support. Sounds like you had both even without a GF. Good for you.
You see desperate low self esteem people end up in abusive long term relationships all the time. I'm sure they're in it for the bumper sticker.
>>
>>16870519
>>
>>16871627
you are correct
>>
>>16871663
I told my mother she'll never see grandchildren
>>
>>16872854
How did you get in that predicament
>>
>>16871627
Thanks, bastards.
>>
>>16873566
Your poor mother. Her heart is broken
>>
Better question: Do you even want a girlfriend? Don't get one just because you think you should have one.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.