[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, Humans. I live in a town of uniformly stained ignoramuses.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 19

File: QtyE6FlyNr2blo3oGf4r2k6xo1_400.jpg (20KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
QtyE6FlyNr2blo3oGf4r2k6xo1_400.jpg
20KB, 399x600px
Hello, Humans.
I live in a town of uniformly stained ignoramuses. I am a loner, but I have no trouble making friends, if they make the first move. I'm not wierd, I'm not ugly, I'm not awkward, I just can't introduce myself.

Every now and then I'll see someone who shines against their shitty mediocrity and all I do is admire from a distance. How can I stop being so shy?

p.s. there's a girl
>>
File: pc5dnkycB.jpg (20KB, 693x693px) Image search: [Google]
pc5dnkycB.jpg
20KB, 693x693px
>>16866275
Jesus fucking Christ what is wrong with you.
>>
File: 1450988379469.jpg (2KB, 125x55px) Image search: [Google]
1450988379469.jpg
2KB, 125x55px
>>16866275
>>
>>16866275
Dude I'd hate to be this guy...but it's you.

People are stupid and suck but sometimes you have to look past that to see the good.
>>
Nothing to see here, folks. Just another case of special snowflake syndrome. Move along now.
>>
File: image_0_0.jpg (2KB, 70x70px) Image search: [Google]
image_0_0.jpg
2KB, 70x70px
>>16866286
>>16866290
>>16866314
Gee thanks, fellas. This helped sooo much. I must be on the wrong board.

>>16866295
I'm sorry but I just can't associate with people who;
>can't speak proper English
>have no respect/appreciation for anything
>do nothing but fuck and smoke and complain when their life is shit
>listen to nothing but "trap" music and trash everything else
>represent every gang
>etc.
>>
Really though, I just asked how to introduce myself. The fuck is wrong with that?
>>
>>16866326
I don't give a fuck about helping you, kid. You don't have a problem other than that you're an asshole who thinks he's special. Now fuck off.
>>
>>16866338
I don't think I'm special, I just don't like some people with just reason. If you don't want to help then why did you comment, and if the response isn't help, then don't
>>
>>16866355
Somebody doesn't like somebody else! News at 11.

Why haven't you left yet?
>>
>>16866360
Irrelevant sarcasm, nice.

Left what, specifically. If you mean the thread, it's because I want actual advice on how to introduce myself to people
>>
You know what, fuck it, 404 the thread already. I don't know why I thought I would get advice from Advice.
>>
>>16866380
Nobody will miss you. Bye!
>>
>>16866400
Weird how out of all the boards I've been to, the very one meant for support is the only one that has shown me blatant disrespect.

You had one job, /adv/.

Btw, nice meaningless last word, I'll let you have another go
>>
>>16866380
Dont forget your fedora, sir!
>>
>>16866326
Hey OP, hope you're still here!

A couple of years ago, I got a job in a small town in eastern Kentucky. The population here is what I initially considered less than desirable.

If it isn't Jesus, Meth, "muddin" or sportsball, people here don't seem to know about it.

I fuckin' hated it here for the first year. No one here knows how to speak properly, There was a rumor going around that I was gay and that I was an atheist based solely on the fact that I brought a book to read during my lunch break. And I don't know if this is related, but about once a fuckin' week for the past two years, if a stranger hears me speaking in public they laugh and say, "Too tok liyke 'at Sheldon off da Big Bang Theery!"

But, the only way to make the best of this situation is to find where the people you DO want to meet frequent and become active there. Join a book club. Pick up a hobby.

Have a slice of humble pie. Perhaps you're not as sophisticated as you think. After all, you've found yourself in a place like the one you're in.
>>
File: bitch.jpg (50KB, 500x324px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
50KB, 500x324px
Maybe quit being a snob and pretending you're better than everyone else. Unlike everyone else, you're not participating in the community, forming pair-bonds as part of meaningful relationships and building a life that is satisfying enough to allow you to indulge in the joys of having a sense of community, belonging and, possibly, joy.

If everyone is so stupid but you, why can't you figure out why no one likes you? Seems pretty obvious to me, and, likely, to everyone else.
>>
File: disgust.jpg (52KB, 1024x1094px) Image search: [Google]
disgust.jpg
52KB, 1024x1094px
>>16866275

I dont think you are a special snowflake like that other guy says.

I think you are just manifesting how you actually feel and theres nothing wrong with that.

If you feel that way then you feel that way, why should you go againts it when you are completely certain of such a feeling of disgust and apathy for others?

Thing is, that doesnt make you special, as others suggest. You are not. You are nothing just like me and the rest of the people in this thread.

To get to the point, the only way to be less shy is to interact more with people. I assume your shyness becomes more aparent when you are around women or that special someone, as is normal on those who suffer from it (like I do).

I think its pretty aparent what you need to do, I mean you already knew what to do before you made the thread but you came here anyways to get... validation?

Anyways, talk to girls or just go balls deep and talk to this girl, whats the worse that could happen really?
>>
>>16866450
This^

As I mentioned in my other post, when I initially moved to Kentucky, I hated it here. I thought everyone was so ignorant and sheltered.

But I decided to get involved in a local music festival, and it let me realize what I had in common with a lot of people. Then I volunteered at my local library for a little while, and took some classes at the local community arts center.

You have to ask yourself, if I want my community to do something for me, what am I going to do for that community.

And that goes for everyone who posts the "how do I make friends as an adult?" threads. It starts with where you go to make friends.
>>
Okay, because you guys seem to think I'm some pretentious asshole who doesn't give a shit about others, let me clarify.

I don't think I'm special, I just know I'm different from the crowd here (because I don't like the things they like, that's all). I don't think I'm better, I just know I think differently than others about things. I called them ignoramuses because of the way the vast majority acts. I too am ignorant to some things. When I say that others "shine against their shitty mediocrity", I'm just saying that I found someone who isn't constantly blabbering what I consider nonsense.
>>
>>16866463

One thing worth noticing OP, is how your thread immediately attracted a good amoung of posters that were ready to attack you and going againts your narcissism (?) / feelings associated with feeling more capable or greater than others.

To me, imho, they feel threatened in some way, not physically, but their inner core throws off an alarm that makes them direct their attention towards those specific points you barely mentioned, instead of the immediate direct point of your thread (shyness), as if they once felt special but where brought down to their knees by others / or maybe their own mediocrity. Or as if they actually felt special right now but, as I already suggested, also felt threatened by another of their kind.

Whatever the case, the amount of hate you got is worth noting.
>>
>>16866421
Oh you'll let me? Thank you my liege for your overwhelming generosity!

Fuck you, kid. You're an asshole through and through. The sooner you realize that the sooner you'll realize why nobody likes you.
>>
>>16866463
>>16866488
Thank you for showing some humanity.

>>16866494
People do like me, actually. I have quite a bit of "friends", just few of the kind I want because I don't know how to appeal to them. The majority of my friends are people who came up to me and introduced themselves and thenceforth. They aren't bad, I enjoy them, but we don't have much in common.
>>
>>16866507
I'm glad you didn't contest the fact that you're a douchebag. Also, it's fantastic you think all your friends are ignoramuses. What a swell guy you are!
>>
This whole thread needs a fedora over it
>>
>>16866550
You need this, don't you. It makes you feel good about yourself, making unjust accusations fettered to petty insults.

I'm an ignoramus as well, we all are, they are just one of a different breed, one not as bad as the others.
>>
>>16866507

Remember something OP.

One of the first enemies to your greatness is men.

People dont want you to be greater than them. You see, people want you to be normal, boring and apathetic, while claiming how wrong your perspective is and how green is the grass where they are right now.

If you want to feel the way you feel, go ahead. If you trully believe everybody else is an idiot but you, do, hell, you might be right.
>>
>>16866566
>backpedaling this hard
Oh my, OP, you truly are a special type of faggot aren't you?
>>
>>16866609
No backpedaling, it's just that his accusation was so absurd a proper rebuttal would seem strange, as it was irrelevant. I didn't even address the douchebag thing because I thought I already had.
>>
Tell me about her, OP, why is she so special
>>
File: 58c.jpg (43KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
58c.jpg
43KB, 580x435px
>>16866275
Whoa kid, tip your fedora any harder and you're gonna hurt someone.
>>
>>16866326
Let's be real here, which is more likely? That you have an inflated ego, or that the entire town is full of idiots?

I've seen plenty of people like you in my engineering course, stop trying to fit people into these nice little boxes and understand people are gestalt things. Get over yourself and you might learn something.
>>
File: IMG_20160111_003222.jpg (132KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160111_003222.jpg
132KB, 720x1280px
>>16866693
She has subtle beauty and is relatively quiet, that is all I know which is why I want to introduce myself.

>>16866707
Jesus Christ do I look like I wear a fedora?

>>16866717
When I describe the town I'm using the words of the inhabitants
>>
>>16866726
>Jesus Christ do I look like I wear a fedora?
Yes

>When I describe the town I'm using the words of the inhabitants
>Every now and then I'll see someone who shines against their shitty mediocrity
Come on m8
You tried to make it out as if you were some diamond in the rough and now you're just back pedaling. Fear of greatness my ass, this entire thread reminds me of that guy in Grandma's Boy
>>
File: nisekoi1-2.jpg (33KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
nisekoi1-2.jpg
33KB, 600x338px
>>16866275
Force yourself to socialize more often. You can develop social skills if you talk to people and force yourself to socialize more often. You learn how to deal with all sorts of different people and give the impression that you want.

You will make mistakes. You are going to make many of them, but the important thing is that you learn from them and make a conscious effort to apply it.

With enough experience, confidence, and help from supportive people it will make sense to you one day. I get the feeling that you have the potential to get what you want if you push yourself outside of your comfort zone and one day you will have epiphanies in which you feel as if your experience is all coming together and things begin to make more sense.

Do whatever it takes to achieve this sense of self confidence and emotional intellgence. Listen to music, socialize with people online, and read articles. These things helped me. More importantly, talk to people in real life and try to get a better perspective of who they are.

You strike me as a very intuitive thinker, and this is how I managed to achieve the social capital and intelligence that I do now.
>>
>>16866726

It might be the lighting but, as far as I can see OP, you are one of those, how you call em, african americans?

I am hoping this girl you want is of african descent, right?
>>
>>16866744
People in the town described other people of the town badly, the diamonds you mention would only be silence. I look for silence.
>>
File: 1456261896810-1.jpg (55KB, 600x373px) Image search: [Google]
1456261896810-1.jpg
55KB, 600x373px
>>16866791
>the diamonds you mention would only be silence. I look for silence.
>>
>>16866791

Answer >>16866765 its important.
>>
>>16866803
What? What the fuck is your problem now?
>>
>>16866765
We're all of African descent
>>
>>16866834

That you are wrong my friend.

But going back to my point, are you one of those black guys?
>>
>>16866726
AAAAAAHHH HAHAHAHAHAHA

What a fag! Hahahaha oh wow. Please kill yourself.
>>
>>16866874
What is the purpose of this?
>>
>>16866932
To call you a faggot, faggot.
>>
File: stickbundle.gif (12KB, 262x267px) Image search: [Google]
stickbundle.gif
12KB, 262x267px
>>16866959
?
>>
File: hilarious_original.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
hilarious_original.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>16866966
>>
>>16866991
The hypocrisy is real, my friend
>>
File: chokingdicks.png (13KB, 446x361px) Image search: [Google]
chokingdicks.png
13KB, 446x361px
>>16866998
>>
File: edgy.jpg (20KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
20KB, 259x194px
OP pls stop
>>
>>16867009
You're not even trying anymore

>>16867015
I'm bored, this is entertaining
>>
File: LR-and-nothing-of-value-of-lost.jpg (191KB, 604x417px) Image search: [Google]
LR-and-nothing-of-value-of-lost.jpg
191KB, 604x417px
>>16867019
You aren't worth trying over.
>>
>>16867039
I never was and vise versa, but did that stop us? These useless moments fill in the gaps, anon. You will continue, maybe not here, but you will continue.
>>
File: 22941.jpg (55KB, 488x317px) Image search: [Google]
22941.jpg
55KB, 488x317px
>>16867079
Wow so profound. Tell me more.
>>
>>16867089
Maybe tomorrow, little one. For now we must rest.
>>
File: andy-samberg.jpg (58KB, 230x306px) Image search: [Google]
andy-samberg.jpg
58KB, 230x306px
>>16867101
Oh gosh I cant wait to hear another story from Uncle Douchebag!
>>
>>16867128
It's Uncle Dickhead, you little cunt. Get it right next time.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.