[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it normal to get bored of a relationship after a while, even

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

Is it normal to get bored of a relationship after a while, even if nothing within the relationship has actually changed?
>>
>>16864888
Yes.
That doesn't necessarily mean you should break up, though.
>>
i fear i'm experiencing this right now anon. wat do?
>>
>>16864888

>even if nothing within the relationship has actually changed?

That's exactly why you're getting bored. Relationships need forward momentum or else they stagnate and fall apart. For most people, that means the marriage/children/family track. After a while, if that isn't happening, your subconscious starts telling you that you're wasting your time, and it's time to move on and try again with someone else.

Don't forget that biology factors heavily into your emotions here. Even though we have condoms now, our cocks & brains are still designed with the same purpose they always were
>>
>>16864920
this. you don't necessarily have to walk down the aisle and pop out kids though. that's one way to go, but that will stagnate too after a while, especially after the newness of being a parent has worn off and you're looking ahead to a decade and a half (or more) of never having the time or money to do anything that would liven up your marriage.

if you want to get married, go for it, but don't do it just to keep the relationship from being boring. do it because you want to get old with that person. if all you want is something new in your relationship, then do something new together. take a road trip somewhere you've never been, explore places around town together, sign up for a community ed class in some topic neither of you knows anything about. shit like that.
>>
>>16864920
>our cocks
>>
I'm of the mind that couples need time apart, independent lives outside the home and all that. I think that if my ex and I had our own rooms/offices, we might have worked through some problems more easily. As it was, we were both far enough from our families that we couldn't just split and chill the fuck out for a day or two.

I think a healthy extended family also helps (whether that is friends or neighbors or actual biological family).

I think that's been neglected for a couple generations (in the US) as people are more inclined to move for their career or "lifestyle", and you wind up with a family that's sort of living on an island, with no way to take off the pressure when things get strained.
>>
Yes! They all get boring.
>>
>>16864903
Don't fucking break up with them if you love them
You may feel like you're getting bored but don't do it.
Never forget those small moments when you see their smile or see their eyes light up when the rap a whole verse correctly over Skype and thinking to yourself 'wow he/she's perfect'

Just remember feeling that love in those moments

Because in 4months time when they're going on a first date and have gotten over you it will hit you
It will hit you like a child being punched in the face by an MMA fighter and you'll go to sleep with both sides of the pillows soaked and be greeted with a breakdown every time it says 'Anon is online' on Facebook
Don't have any regrets like me OP, it fucking breaks my heart knowing another girl gets to call him hers when I was too deluded to treasure him when I had him
>>
>>16865242
: (

So many relationships end because of boredom. I think we're trained to believe that anything that isn't perfect ecstatic love and adoration is just shit. We put too much on a partner... expecting them to be the perfect lover, confidante, provider... it feels pretty bad.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.