[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do girlfriends hold you back in life? You always think they have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1442855782999.jpg (51KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1442855782999.jpg
51KB, 640x360px
Do girlfriends hold you back in life? You always think they have your best interest at hearth but it's slowly dawning on me they just want to extract maximum usefulness out of your life. I don't think any gf really ever gave a shit about my career (as long as I wasn't moving away far), my social life (as long as it didn't involve single girls) or my general happiness.

Fuck how do I get rid of these leeches?
>>
>>16864335
yeah girlfriends hold you back, but they fulfill a primal instinct in you at the same time so it feels like its worth it

its much easier to be successful and doing cool stuff when you arent spending time money and effort on a girl

everybody who has been involved with something on a deep level has seen the change in one of their peers once they get a gf
>>
Its basically that they you aren't giving in to you.

Girls are supposed to be submissive to the right man. That feeling of care will arise from their side once they think that you're the right man for them.
Don't get rid of them.
Open out yourself. Let your thoughts hurt them if they do. You should be telling the same thing to your girlfrend rather than posting it here.
Go ahead and do it. But your relationship more naturally.
If this one doesn't work out, your girl seriously has no thoughts on real side of life. It'll all happen naturally even if getting rid of her.

Be honest from the start, take your thoughts out of your head. That way, finding the right one who'll care for you, will be super easy.
>>
Pour salt on them.
>>
>>16864335
Depends on the girl and how open you are with her.
My boyfriend and I talk about everything. School while he was still in school, career now that he's working, friends, family, any problem he ever had - I was there for him. He always asks my advice, he always talks to me about what's going on in his life. I have supported my boyfriend even when it was against my own interest, because I care about him as a person.
When he graduated with he told me "this wouldn't be possible
It all depends on the quality of the relationship and the person you are dating.
>>
Yes, they absolutely hold you back.
>>
>>16864335
>Do girlfriends hold you back in life?
yes.
>>
My boyfriend attributes where he is today to me. If it weren't for me, he'd probably still be working at Burger King.
>>
File: 1445313117050.jpg (13KB, 360x261px) Image search: [Google]
1445313117050.jpg
13KB, 360x261px
>>16865212
How's he liking the much improved lifestyle of a chef at Wendy's?
>>
>>16865252
>being this bitter about other people's lives
Go on, continue explaining why you don't have a girlfriend as "they hold you back". Pretend the truth isn't that you can't get one.
>>
>>16865212
your bf obviously never had anything going for him in the first place.
>>
>>16864335
From my experience and and friends, GFs hold you back most of the time. A lot of the time they want your attention but at the same time want a guy who is successful, its like they dont understand that you need to put in labour that doesn't involve them to be successful.
>>
>>16865257
But anon, women only want to date the best of the best men.

Seriously though, where did you get that idea from? He had potential, but not motivation. He was bitter from an accident that he had a few years earlier which left him unable to follow his parents steps in joining the military, and he had no idea what he wanted to do. He was also still studying at the time, but hadn't really put much effort into his grades because his mind wasn't at a good place.
>>
Not if you actually find a good partner who is right for you.

Mine motivates me to work harder than I ever have, and she always takes stress away, never adds it. She brings out the best in me.
>>
never had one but i always hear about them bitching when you dont talk to them so many a day or if youre busy for like a week its this big crisis so id say yes!
>>
You're right OP, they hold you back and are a waste of time, girls are gay anyway

Just follow your dreams, work hard and when you're feeling like sticking your dick in something pull a random girl from the bars or order a prostitute
>>
>>16865272
If people have to depend on others for motivation then they have no independence and therefore lack a will of their own. you have basically just reinforced my statement which wasn't even serious anyway. I dont know why women often have this obsession with changing guys. women always say they want a confident, smart guy but they often end up with generic, unambitious guys. I'm not Jelous, i dont need a gf but it baffles me. Most of my friends in uni have gfs and they are some of the most lazy people i know.
>>
relationships take time and effort, which takes away time and effort from other things in your life

I'd say personally that the point of life is not slaving away at work to be "successful" but rather doing so in moderation and enjoying yourself in the company of people you like the rest of the time.

>it's slowly dawning on me they just want to extract maximum usefulness out of your life

On the other hand, these would be gold diggers, emotional vampires and bitches, don't waste time with girls like this. Some girls really do hold you back.
>>
In a good relationship, both partners support each other and help each other grow.

If one partner is only leeching off of your happiness and success, then it's not a good relationship.

Find someone who inspires you. There's a good partner out there for everyone.
>>
>>16865296
Okay, if you feel that way, I'm not going to try and change your feelings because I don't really care enough. Responses like yours and >>16865292 make me wonder how many guys ITT have actually had a girlfriend in their adult lives though, and how many are basing their ideas on what they're read online. The fact that you said a bunch of stereotypes perpetuated by /r9k/ and said that you're not jealous when no one accused you of being jealous makes me think you're in the latter category. Good luck with your life and whatnot, but remember that your attitudes are only going to hurt you in the long run.
>>
Ive always been the one to pull the load (financially, emotionally etc) in my relationships and Ive felt the same way you do about men - but I think its really just about who you get involved with and how you let people (in your case girls) treat you.

I stopped dating scrubs who let me fix everything and pay all the bills (and by all I mean ALL, one of my exes was unemployed for 2 1/2 years while I patiently tried to encourage him to figure out his education/careerdreams) it set me back a lot and it made me rethink my choices in men.

There are hardworking, good women and men out there, and there are men and women who will support you and work with you, not against you (or let you work for them). Dont lose hope yet
>>
>>16865307
i dont base my perspective off anecdotes. i interact with women and men on a daily basis. i have had a handful of relationships, i was dating a 40 year old women for a little while. i most likely perpetuate a stereo type because they are true in most cases.

lol >>16865292
this guy is fucking right. my past gfs always expected me to talk with them even when i was busy trying to make something of myself. Every single guy i know has similar experiences with women.

i brought up jealously because i am aware of how i could possibly be perceived, i thought this would be obvious. It is easy to get a gf, all you have to do is pretend to care. its all about security and an emotional connection with women.
>>
>>16865333
Okay. I'm happy and my boyfriend's happy and that's all I really care about, to be honest.
>>
The less you care about girls, the better. You want to be able to find a girl that will submit to you completely.

Remember, the key to relationships is this: the person who cares least wins.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.