[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An apartment complex made me sign a lease before I moved in and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Southmoor_Apartment_Hotel.jpg (3MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
Southmoor_Apartment_Hotel.jpg
3MB, 2816x2112px
An apartment complex made me sign a lease before I moved in and needed a cosigner my cosigner was not approved but they are still holding me responsible for the lease, even though I can't move in, because I "signed the lease". They're saying because I agreed to have a cosigner with their requirements in the lease that I'm still responsible for the apt even though they did not approve the cosigner. Is this legal? What can I do
>>
All a cosigner does is provide someone that the landlord can go to if you don't pay your rent etc. That doesn't release YOU from your obligations, all it does is provide another level of security for the landlord. You're still bound by the lease.
>>
>>16864274
Really? What can I do, they wouldn't check my cosigner until after I signed the lease but then they didn't approve it and I couldn't move in
>>
>>16864274
dafuq?

OP says he can't even move in to the apartment. He is under NO Obligation to any lease if he can't even move in.

OP, tell this guy to either let you move in or go fuck himself. You don't owe him SHIT if you don't live in the apartment.
>>
You're not paying rent are you?
>>
>>16864346
No I haven't paid
>>
>>16864272
Tell him that you'll find another co-signer, they will check it that day and approve it, and if they don't, they can go fuck themselves until that happens. Additionally, you'll be going to whatever authority you can report them to to investigate fraud as you believe they are trying to make you pay rent without letting you into the apartment and you want to make sure they aren't trying to pull this scheme with anyone else.
>>
First, I'd say sit down and talk with their representative in a civil and reasonable manner.

Second, if that doesn't work, tell them to fuck off and find somewhere else.

Third, if you're still being held, try to contact a city social worker, they usually have a housing department, and deal with renter's issues a lot.

Fourth, if they're really pushing you still, lawyer up. 4chan is not a lawyer.

Also, if they say, "yeah, you're off the hook" or anything substantive, get it in writing and have them sign it. That would constitute a legally binding contract even if you scrawl it on a notepad. Date it and make sure everything is in ink, not pencil.
>>
>>16864515
>>16864495
I find another place to live already one that isn't trying to fuck me, it's fucked up because I didn't get any notice really of them even trying to collect first month's rent, they just sent me to collections.

What's this about a social worker? I asked a lawyer and he said talk to the supervisors like you said and if not come back to him
>>
>>16864522
Found*
>>
>>16864522
>they just sent me to collections
Holy fuck, really? You need to dispute that shit right away and maybe even call a lawyer.

If I were you, I would be on the phone RIGHT NOW with that asshole giving him a piece of my mind.
>>
>>16864542
Yeah I already called them they're saying it's because I technically signed the lease. It's kinda like they're laughing in my face hahaha gotcha
>>
I def don't have money for a lawyer so I don't know
>>
>>16864544
What he's doing sounds fraudulent to me. You don't owe him shit if you never even moved in. And he's defrauding the collections agency as well by selling them fake debt. Fuck this guy.
>>
The lease contract, in essence, says (a) you agree to lease the place, (b) they let you in on mm/dd/yy and (c) you pay rent.

If they have not lived up to their part of the contract, then they have violated the contract.

Send them a certified letter stating that they have not allowed possession of the apartment per the lease and therefore have violated the lease agreement and that they have five days to remedy the violation or you consider the lease voided.
>>
>>16864272

That landlord needs to wake up tomorrow with a horse's head in his bed.
>>
>>16864650
or, if you don't to lease the apartment now, tell them you NOW consider the lease voided.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.