[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hoping you guys might be able to shed some advice on this for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_20131206_150244.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20131206_150244.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Hoping you guys might be able to shed some advice on this for me.

>be 18 year old me
>meet girl online
>form long distance relationship
>visit her for 2 months at a time twice a year for the next 3 years
>accumulate lots of photos of my trip and of girl
>break up after 3 years
>current girlfriend finds photos from my trips
>flips the fuck out

Her argument is that I still have feelings for the girl and that holding onto these photos is proof of that. My argument is that it was an interesting point in my life, and I'm holding onto the images as a memento of my time in a foreign country. I sincerely have no feelings for my ex, and offered to get rid of all the photos of her, while still holding on to photos taken there, but without her in them. Current girlfriend does not believe this is a good enough solution.

Am I being unreasonable? Anyway, bumping with pics from my trips.
>>
She's being unreasonable. Memories are memories. She can't expect you to delete any reference to your past, just because she's now in your present/future. Your a part--a PART--of her life, but that doesn't mean she owns you. Partnerships don't work that way.

She may have issues.
>>
>>16864148
She has no right to demand you to get rid of any of your photos, whether your ex is in them or not.

Everyone has a history and experiences - it's what builds us and makes us who we are. You can still have pleasant memories of travelling with your ex, even though you don't have feelings for her. If your current gf doesn't respect that, it's her own insecurity that's the problem.
>>
File: 148340985569.png (260KB, 461x357px) Image search: [Google]
148340985569.png
260KB, 461x357px
No. Bitches be crazy, yo!

Post more pics of your trip.
>>
My ex wanted me to get rid of my pictures with former boyfriends too, it's not a fair thing to expect. You're allowed to have memories and you've lived a life before you've met your current partner. They need to deal with that.

I'd understand if it was nude pictures or a ton of her in a bikini etc. But it sounds like your girlfriend is being unreasonable and overly jealous. I still have pictures with my first boyfriend from when I was 16 who was a prick to me, not because I still have feelings for him, but because I'm sentimental and like to document different phases in my life. You're allowed to keep those pictures and you need to tell your GF she's being unfair and needs to trust that you're being sincere
>>
File: IMG_20140518_013807.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140518_013807.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>16864166
>>16864167
Thanks, glad to see I'm not being a dick for the sake of it. Now to find out how to show her that. She's now digging through her conversations with friends trying to find photos of her exes so I can see how it feels.

>>16864174
Can do anon.
>>
>>16864186

That's very immature of her, how old is she? Sounds like something I'd do when I was an insecure 16-year old with my first BF.
>>
>>16864259
She's 22.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.