[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i even compete with others? and stop being such a boring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: s65757.jpg (83KB, 560x682px) Image search: [Google]
s65757.jpg
83KB, 560x682px
how do i even compete with others? and stop being such a boring loser

>be me
>zero friends
>unattractive loser
>shy and socially awkward
>late 20's kissless virgin

i have many coworkers, i work with many people in their 20's
>most are very attractive
>lots of friends and outgoing
>active lives, sports, travel with friends, have hobbies and skills (e.g. music or something)
>most always have a story, usually of parties (and the more "popular", the more bars and parties they go to)

seems like most people's lives revolve around their friends too. as a guy with no one to do things with, it feels like i can only spend my time indoors. all of my "hobbies" (like reading or watching movies) are things i do alone in my room
>>
Peoples lives are not as action packed as they seem to be. See facebook
>>
Don't focus on competing with others, focus on improving yourself.

Start going to meetups and at least attempt to socialize or do a hobby that involves being outside of your room. There are entire websites out there for this.

I used to go to a boardgame group, it was totally free and hosted at someone's house so it didn't cost anything. Having the game to focus on made it so that you didn't have to make small talk if you didn't want to. Just find an event or activity that interests you and get out there.
>>
>>16863276
even if I only compare the highlights, other people's are still more interesting than mine, many times over

i've worked with some of these guys as they are coworkers, the really popular (and who also happen to be more attractive) guys go to bars/parties multiple times a week
>>
Thing is, you notice the outgoing people more because they're more outgoing. There are a lot more quiet/introverted people than you might think. And there's nothing wrong with that, as long as it's what you like.
>>
>how do i even compete with others?
You don't. You figure out who you want to be, not in comparison to x person, but for yourself. Then pursue it little by little.

You'll feel like quitting all the time, but if you really have faith in your vision, you'll always find just enough strength to keep going.

Also, lift weights and eat protein.
>>
>>16863290

If you work with these people and you want such a lifestyle then ask them if you can come with them maybe one weeked.

Its your fault you are whatever the fuck you claim you are loser/boring etc
>>
Truth is often more boring.

>see all my coworkers and think how cool they must be, going out and doing shit all the time.
>the reality is most work all day, if part time work and school, then go to sleep. Maybe go see a movie on weekend with their spouse.

80% of people are boring as shit and live vicariously through TV, Internet, Games, and Movies.
>>
>>16863306

To add to this, watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yx0moKyWoW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4Ko32D5ALw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hbJJEcbTzw
>>
>>16863271

>zero friends

make friends, but i dont see how friends help you 'compete' though im not entirely sure what you mean by compete so...

>unattractive loser

the two are separate. for attractiveness, work out. even if ur butt ugly people will be impressed by muscle and think of you as 'strangley attractive'. become a butter face, and you too can have your very own butter face.

also post a pic of yourself here and we'll talk make over. i was an ugly duckling most my life. most of us ARE ugly ducklings unless we make effort.

>shy

get over it

>socially awkward

practice

>late 20s kissless virgin

the older you get, the less people care about virginity. and the less they know to suspect it. in your late 20s no one will think ur a virgin. even if ur the ugliest person ever they will assume you've had sex with other ugly people. dont think about your virginity and no one else will. someone might realize it after the fact but by then they'll already have your penis in them, so too late.

>other people have stuff!!1!

stop worrying about other people. contrary to belief life is not a competition.
>>
>>16863311
Holy shit.. You saved my life.

Thank you!
>>
>>16863271
>parties/bars

This shit is overrated honestly. I hardly ever go to 'parties', and I hate loud, crowded bars. You don't need to partake in this shit (i.e. be something you're not) in order to enjoy having people in your life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.