[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ebay Scam?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ebay-logo-scam.jpg (16KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
ebay-logo-scam.jpg
16KB, 500x275px
Hello /adv/

Here's my situation. I just put a warhammer fantasy skaven army onto ebay. I calculated it out to under $500.00. I put it up on ebay for $200.00

I get a message asking me if I will accept an offer. I responded and he/she sent me this.

Thanks for your response, I will like to offer you $650.00 for the Warhammer/AOS Skaven Army. If my offer is been accepted the payment will be made through check. I will send the check via mail and my mover will only come over for pick up when you notify me that the check has been verified and cleared by your bank. Paying with check will be easier for me on this transaction i haven't get chance to fund my PayPal account due to the nature of my work and i really need to buy this item. Due to the nature of my work i don't have time to check my eBay messages.

Kindly do me a favour if my offer is been accepted please text me immediately at ------------ with your eBay user ID, Agreed Amount , Full name, Full mailing address and email address to have the check overwrite asap and get it mailed to you soonest as i'm at work. As soon as i receive your text message you will receive the check shortly. Hope to hear for you soon. David

Is this legit or am I being scammed because this seems to good to be true.
>>
yes it is a scam, sending checks way more than the amount you asked for is all fake
the check will go through and a few days later it wil bounce back and u will owe that money. happened to me once when i was trying to find a roommate
>>
Scam

"Fund my paypal account" - Paypal is linked to your bank account... the same way a check is.

Literally any buyer on ebay that tries to make you do a transaction OUTSIDE of ebay is a scammer.
>>
Why the heck can't they just hook up their checking acct to paypal?
It's literally the point of paypal-a convenient way to sync bank accounts and cards etc through a virtual account.
If theyre willing to pay you through a tedious check system, something's probably up because syncing their account to paypal or just transferring the funds like a normal ecommerce user is far more convenient.

***also, if youre on ebay you should be able to check out their feedback as a buyer.
>>
>>16862902
that guy has a point
>>
Obvious scam.
>>
It's an overpayment scam:

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/buying-or-selling/overpayment-scams
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.