[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/adv/ i have failed a test which seems to be one of the biggest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1433711938001.jpg (89KB, 960x716px) Image search: [Google]
1433711938001.jpg
89KB, 960x716px
/adv/ i have failed a test which seems to be one of the biggest challenges of my carreer and can be life changing.
Now i will have to repeat and pass no matter what.

The exam is in April and the subject is "Theory of Computation". I need some good advice for planning and making the most out of my time.

I have started using a pomodoro timer and i will make a daily schedule.
How to keep concentrated? Should i stick to coffee or do some sports?
>>
>>16862345
>Should i stick to coffee or do some sports?
I like to drink a cup of coffee and I use the pomodoro technique as well. During my break I like to walk around or go outside. I used to take a break by going on the Internet and that was a horrible idea, since I'd stay there forever.

Good luck, anon!
>>
>>16862345
>Should i stick to coffee or do some sports?
Both have their pro's and cons. Coffee gives you a good energy boost, but you build tolerance to it pretty quick, and it can mess with your sleep, meaning you wake up tired the next day, meaning you need to drink coffee just to feel normal. Excercising and keeping fit raises your energy levels which will let you get more done, but ti won't put more hours in to the day - if you spend five hours a week in the gym that's five hours that you're not working on your thesis (or whatever it is you're doing) for.

If you're in to suppliments, gamma labs' g-fuel is about the best energy drink there is. Gives you a really good boost, lasts about 4 hours, doesn't make you jittery like red bull does, and you don't really get the "crash" like you do with regular energy drinks. It's not desperatley expensive either, allthough they're not particularly quick with shipping. Tolerance build up isn't too bad if you stick to one or two a day. I was going through 5-6 scoops a day at one point, and at first I was like superman with the amount I could get done in a day, but after about three weeks I just felt lethargic all the time no matter how much I used. Stopped having it all together when the last tub ran out, and I was absolutley fucked for about a week after that, couldn't go to work or anything, so probably don't use too much of it if you go down that route.
>>
>>16862345
Lost my original window.

#1 Get proper sleep. Most people need a minimum 7 - 9 hours to function well. Forget the people who say they only need 4 hours and can do everything. Find what works for you.

#2 Get exercise. It will help work out your tension and anxiety. Also studies show people actually learn better.

#3 Eat but not to excess. Don't get distracted with weird ass detoxing nonsense or food nazis. You need something to look forward to.

#4 Seek tutoring help ASAP.

#5 ask for help in study skills

#6 Coffee is fine. Despite all the attempts to find something wrong with it, the studies keep saying it's beneficial and even inhibits cancer. Just keep it to 3 - 5 cups a day and don't drink it after 3 PM, perhaps 2 PM, or it will interfere with sleep.

#7 Take breaks every couple of hours. Your brain can only handle so much at once, and you'll need to review the same material to make it stick. Take a walk around the block, find a distraction for 15 minutes. Drink your cup of coffee outside, etc.

#8 At least once a week take a longer break with supportive friends who understand you can't get falling down drunk or stay out until 02:00 AM. You need your sleep. Dammit.
>>
>>16862484
>Excercising and keeping fit raises your energy levels which will let you get more done, but ti won't put more hours
>in to the day - if you spend five hours a week in the gym that's five hours that you're not working on your thesis
> (or whatever it is you're doing) for.

IMO, setting aside an hour a day to prepare for exercise, doing it, and cleaning up, the 3 -5 hours a week is worth it. Stay away from travel to go the exercise. Put on your shorts and running shoes, run through your neighborhood or park for 30 minutes. Get cleaned up so you don't turn into a slob or the guy people avoid on the bus.
>>
>>16862519
I forgot a final step

#9 : don't spend all your day on 4Chan

:-)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.