[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since I've moved into my own place, I've started cooking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: average_day.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
average_day.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Since I've moved into my own place, I've started cooking a lot

I really like cooking, it's fun it's relaxing and I make pretty good stuff. Nothing too fancy (I think); asian food, italian, I bake various cakes n cookies etc.

However, I get very mixed reactions from people when I share stuff like this, especially if I'm excited about it. I'm really proud of what I make sometimes

I keep getting the feeling that most people see cooking as un-manly. How wide-spread is this? If it's of any importance, I'm in Europe; I know these things differ quite a bit depending on culture but still

Should I just shut up about it or what? I don't get why it's so weird for a guy to like cooking
Or is it perhaps one of those things that's cool only if you're attractive in the first place?
>>
Those people are stupid. Plain and simple. It's such a big thing to cook for yourself, you'd have to be an idiot to hate on someone for it.

Keep doing what you're doing, trust me you'll thank yourself for it in the future.
>>
Fuck people. If you like cooking then keep cooking. Just don't be autistic about it. Same for any hobby. Plus it helps to be interesting or attractive to begin with.
>>
>>16862232
Kid problems. How old are you even....
>>
>>16862232
Maybe you give too many fucks about what people think.
>>
>>16862232
I love guys who cook well. It's pretty sexy. And I love cooking too, so it's a nice thing to do together. Don't worry too much.
I'm in Europe too, if it matters at all.
>>
>How wide-spread is this?
Not particularly from my experience. Unless you live in some shithole it's all in your mind. My friends and people at work around me talk about cooking every now and then, share cool recipes and so on. There's nothing unmanly about cooking. Just don't sperg out, as with everything else. Gauge the interest of your audience and adapt accordingly.
>>
Sounds like you're surrounded by shit people who can't appreciate something if it doesn't conform to their extremely narrow minded view of the world.
>>
>>16862232
Don't feel bad about criticism. Everyone has different tastes.

i am a stay at home dad who does most of the cooking. And i really enjoy cooking and trying to satisfy different tastes. I even went to school for chef training. I have not done anything with it because i enjoy cooking for fun and experimenting not work.

There is a bit of a stigma on guys cooking you are either gay, a chef or both. But truthfully everyone needs to cook at some point or another.
>>
File: guess.png (111KB, 1000x441px) Image search: [Google]
guess.png
111KB, 1000x441px
>>16862240
that's fairly obvious by now indeed

>>16862238
I'm not sure what would qualify as being autistic about it. I don't think I'm obnoxious; I only show some people what I've made like once a week or so, or if they ask if I've made something nice recently. I also take cake/cookies to work once a month to get some feedback/constructive criticism

>>16862237
>>16862238
I try not to care as much as I can, but lately I've become a rather sad person so I'm extra beta from shit like this

oh well, point taken
>stop caring
>continue doing what I like
>shut up about it with people I don't consider friends

thanks anons!
>>
>>16862232
You might be making them feel uncomfortable. Talking passionately about a subject to a person who knows very little of it tends to have that effect. The effect is multiplied if the subject is something that is considered an essential skill.
>>
File: guess_again.png (104KB, 1000x441px) Image search: [Google]
guess_again.png
104KB, 1000x441px
I think this is just another confirmation that I shouldn't act excited or passionate about anything with most people

So far I've noticed that people react better when you act all bullshit-cool like "yea I just made this <obviously above-average> thing, *shrug*"

Instead of being like "hey I just managed to make this thing finally and it turned out better than I expected, I'm so happy!"

not to bitch too much, but this kind of thing always gets me down

I feel like I can't share my happiness sometimes

>and now the thread's derailing
>>
>>16862232
It's only cool if you're a chef.
>>
>>16862358
My solution to this problem is to punish those who don't share my enthusiasm. When you notice that someone is unexcited or bothered, you up the ante and keep talking for as long as you can. Then you just enjoy the look on your prey as they desperately try to find a polite way to escape this predicament.
>>
>>16862426
I think I just the answer to "what does being autistic about it mean?" lol

but yea, I'm not gonna do that
>>
>>16862358
Dont let people get you down OP, i wish i could even cook half of what you can.
>>
>>16862232
Okay, so let's go by the most stereotypical, 1950s, gender roles to the max standards. Even then, even if you imagine a 50s housewife talking to another 50s housewife over a sidecar and camel lights, one of them would absolutely say about a desirable man '...and he cooks too!'

Cooking is a life skill. Knowing how to cook makes you more independent. Independence is one of the most attractive masculine qualities. Also you get to eat delicious food whenever you can be bothered.

Also, caring about something like this is a fag thing to do.
>>
the greatest cooks in the world have penises, senpai
>>
File: 1349388614363.jpg (15KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
1349388614363.jpg
15KB, 268x265px
>>16862475
well I hope you put work in it and learn how to cook whatever you feel like cooking

I guess I'm realizing that it's more important to have someone to share it with

other than that, it's just following instructions and measuring what you put in

heck, I'm an engineer and quite the nerd; if I can cook, probably anyone can if they try

also, if you sift through enough shit on /ck/, you will find decent advice

>>16862486
t-thanks anon

also, what's all this "life skill" thing? what are other life skills if cooking is one of 'em ?
>>
>>16862503
I just mean skills that you need in your day-to-day life, or you have to rely on someone else to provide for you. Stuff like plumbing, mechanics, housekeeping, social skills. Anything that you need done, and would have to have someone do for you if you didn't know how to yourself.
>>
File: 1450473207814.jpg (38KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
1450473207814.jpg
38KB, 400x325px
>>16862232
>I really like cooking, it's fun it's relaxing and I make pretty good stuff. Nothing too fancy (I think); asian food, italian
I'd say cooking is pretty manly, working of the logic that a man is supposed to be able to look after himself properly.

>I bake various cakes n cookies etc
I feel that men who enjoy baking probably like wearing skirts and getting creampied by truck drivers, allthough I couldn't give a valid explanation as to why.
>>
>>16862520
I kek'd
>>
If you talk about how you make and decorate little cupcakes with your bro friends they'll probably make fun of you.

But who doesn't like cupcakes?

The biggest Chads I knew actually wouldn't shut the fuck about how good they were at cooking and how it always got them laid.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.