[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nx2xg58IEj1srynk4o1_500.jpg (97KB, 500x666px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx2xg58IEj1srynk4o1_500.jpg
97KB, 500x666px
I was browsing a secrets thread the other day and somebody mentioned their anxiety symptoms. Before this I figured it was just normal for me to experience these things, but after reading that post it made me realize out they were not.

They were along the lines of:

Easily angered

Restless leg syndrome

Obsession & stalking

Unable to sleep at night

3-6 masterbation sessions a day

It really opened my eyes to how destructive these things were to my life. Obviously I want to stop them if possible.
Unfortunately, I'm only 18 and still on my parents insurance. I attempted to tell my mother about what I was experiencing, but she played it off by telling me that I'm still young and hormonal. As true as that is, I still feel like this something that I should get checked out.

What do you think? Should I just wait till I'm completely done with puberty or attempt to get help now?
>>
A psychologist will likely just recommend lifestyle changes at this point. An inability to sleep is really common if you're using electronics at night and if you have something on your mind.

And, judging by what you said about obsession/stalking/jerking off, I'm guessing you're desperate for a girlfriend or really like a girl and can't get over your infatuation. Start some casual dating so you have something to look forward to during the week to give you motivation to rest and take your mind off all the shit that eats at you at night. I sleep like a puppy knowing I'm going to see someone in a couple of days instead of rotting in my room all day.
>>
i have those symptoms too but i thought it was called depression

the obsession part in particular. im not over my ex and it's been almost 2 years. why cant i get over her? we havent spoken since the end of november of last year
>>
>>16860608
I've been using natural light filters on my electronics in an attempt to fall asleep. Maybe should just turn they off at a certain point.

I do have a girl that I'm obsessing over currently. Even when I asked her out I still couldn't keep my mind off of it. I play vidya to keep my mind occupied, but its a temporary fix.
>>
>>16860627

It always comes down to girls. I'm guessing she said no. The solution is not to sit there and jerk off to vidya bro, it's to charge on and find someone else.

My first serious relationship happened two weeks after a girl I'd been into for months dropped me out of the blue. I was talking to a girl I know about it, she got to talking about her relationship problems and we got together after that.

It has nothing to do with luck, it's confidence. Go on tinder if you have to and practice asking random chicks out for dates - worst case scenario someone you'll never meet thinks you're weird, best case scenario you get pussy and/or a relationship.

I was in your boat when I was 18 and I ignored people when they gave me advice like this. Don't make the mistake I did.
>>
>>16860650
Actually she said yes. We were kinda friends before, but I could tell she was into me. It makes me happy. The fact that I obsessively check if she's read my texts, or see if she's posted something on social media is the issue. In my mind I know it's creepy and unhealthy, yet as much as I resist, I still end up doing it.
>>
>>16860650

That's retarded though. What good can possibly come of you stalking her? The best case scenario is that you find out every little detail about her so there's absolutely no excitement in talking to her or finding out more info. The worst case scenario is that you stumble upon details of her previous relationships or her sex life. Considering how obsessive you are the last thing you want is to be stuck sitting thinking about her past with another dude.

Some stalking is fine, everyone on the planet does it. Just stop doing shit like googling her information or reading her entire FB history, exert some self-control.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.