[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are good jobs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Job.jpg (93KB, 535x275px) Image search: [Google]
Job.jpg
93KB, 535x275px
Hey, I'm just wondering what you guys are doing for work and if there are any jobs you'd recommend. I'm not looking to go to school because I don't want to go into debt, but I also don't like working retail/food service. I'm looking into YMCA/KROC Center type jobs, as well as golf course and lake gas station jobs.

Any recommendations for entry-level jobs?
>>
You'd take gas station over retail?
>>
I work at Wal-mart and a shitty one at that (metro area a lot of homeless and crappy low quality customers that really fuck the store up). I honestly enjoy what I do. I don't make much but I don't require much to be happy either. I used to let the store pressure me because a lot of jobs do that to people but I quit giving a shit and just set my own pace now and am still a stand out employee. I could get promoted if I wanted but I just don't like the pressure, it's not for me. Honestly I don't know what the big beef is with Wal-mart but I would suggest giving it a shot. Once you make it in the store you can easily raise in rank to whatever position you feel comfortable in. You can become a store manager if you wanted eventually. If you pic a good store that knows what it's doing you get a nice little bonus also. Wal-mart gives bonuses (if you guys do good) every 3 months. You can get up to like $400 or some shit. Ours varied usually from $100 to $300.
>>
>>16860386
Lake has station-- for boats. You get to be out on the docks all day.
>>
>>16860408
I work at Wal-Mart right now. I've been trying to switch to days since November, but the management is douchey and won't do it. I've been working overnights there (hence why I'm awake) and I'm so over it... I was a daytime cashier before that... it wasn't bad, I agree, but retail isn't very fulfilling.

Maybe I'm just being a little bitch. Lol
>>
>>16860430

I hear that, I work at night too. How many Wal-marts are near you? you can switch to another store into a position in the daytime if it's available? if you don't have any coachings.

I'm pretty sure you know all that but well what exactly is it you don't like about the job? is it just mainly because the position is at night?
>>
>>16860430
Nah, most of the managers are fucking incompetent.

The whole corporation is going through a rough patch due to the whole mandatory wage raise bullshit. (2000 employees went to Supreme court and won a case for a mandatory starting wage of $10.) They have to cut corners to turn a profit.

Combine that the E-Commerce Boom and it only compounds the problem.
>>
Continued from >>16860439
It's projected that the corporation will lose 1.5 billion a year due to the new mandatory wages. So they will cut your hours or try and make your life hell so you will leave.
>>
>>16860439

So Wal-mart was forced to make the $10 raise? I thought they did it voluntarily.
>>
>>16860452
Nope.

They were mandated by the Supreme court, do not believe what the managers tell you. If anything, they also have info held back from them as well.

I am not a business expert, but the sudden change of internal policy in regards to wages in a corporation means 1 of 2 things.

New CEO or New Wage Law.
>>
>>16860438
Mainly because it's at night, but also because I want a job where I'm in a fun environment where I get to make a more significant difference in people's lives (I applied to be a music instructor at the KROC center. I'm qualified, but there are no positions). I tried switching stores, but I have 4 occurances within 6 months-- my store allows 9occurances, but the one I tried to switch to only allows 4, so they wouldn't let me transfer.

>>16860439
>>16860445
This. It's just like their bonuses too. Yay, we're making $15/hr or getting $400 bonuses, but then they cut hours in half so you really end up getting less money. Bullshit, man...
>>
>>16860469

You can try Goodwill. I worked at a Goodwill for a couple years and it was cool. You see a lot of awesome shit get donated and the workers there are usually good people.
>>
>>16860481
Not a bad idea. Thanks.
>>
>>16860496

One time we found two handguns in a bundle of clothes and one of them was loaded. They called the police to get them.

They have a big compactor to destroy shit they can't sell. I loved seeing that thing crush full couches, giant tv's, metal desks (big 80's style ones).
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.