[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /adv/ i have very rare phobia Altocelarophobia - The fear

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

Hi /adv/ i have very rare phobia
Altocelarophobia - The fear of high ceilings. Does anybode here has it? You probably cant imagine how bad it is. I cant go to Tesco, churches, cathedrals gyms, please help me if you can
>>
phobias aren't permanent you silly goose
it's not like fetishes that last a lifetime

face your fear, and get over it
>>
>>16859929
Or better yet, masturbate to high ceilings and develop a fetish in the place where you had a phobia.
>>
>>16859929
> phobias aren't permanent you silly
> goose
> it's not like fetishes that last
> a lifetime
>
> face your fear, and get over
i cant have opened eyes or look somewhere else than down. i also have fear of heights. Im always thinking that im fainting. have read forums and its going to be even worse
>>
are you a female?
>>
>>16859952
nope
>>
i have had fear of heights for my whole live but fear of high ceilings started form day to day
>>
I was afraid of spiders when i was little
but my friend had a really cool tarantula
thanks to the help of my friend I woke up with that spider many times, and we grew to be bffs
>>
>>16859979
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBWgT3LbStE
>>
>>16859919
Holy fucking shit I never heard of anyone that had the same thing I had. When I was in high school one of my gyms had an extremely high ceiling that I often had nightmares about. It was the worst time of my life because of how uneasy it made me. I can't go to any places that have high ceilings either. Just thinking about it is giving me sweaty palms.
>>
>>16860073
Exactly, how did you overcome it?
>>
>>16859932
This
>>
That's the name for it? I have that phobia too! I also hate looking up from street level at tall buildings, do you think that counts as the same thing?
>>
>>16859919
If I lie down outside I get casadastraphobia - fear of falling into the sky
>>
>>16860635
And that's another phobia for me

I'm a nervous wreck
>>
>>16860628
its the same thing my symptoms are the same plus i cant be in cathedrals and churches
>>
>>16860635
i dont have this one, i know that these phobias sounds funny and stupid for normal people but it really affects my live
>>
Not sure how to overcome it but curious about what is considered a high ceiling? What about a store like Home Depot?
>>
>>16859919
I had a few ridiculous phobias as a child but now they are pretty much just regular fears. My family was cruel and unsympathetic and forced me to deal with my fears. It was sink or swim. I was lucky and didnt sink. You can try to man up and face your phobias and OVER TIME build up immunity, or avoid the water.
>>
>>16861283
The fear stems from the ceiling falling in on you. Its like heights. Normally just heights you deem dangerous.
>>
>>16859919
I'm the opposite. I really like bring in large, open, enclosed spaces.
>>
If you're a man, you need to suck it up. Phobias are pretty stupid for the most part. Fear of heights sort of makes sense, since you can fall and then splatter on the ground, that's the one I had. I ended up having no money and no job, and had no choice but to work shit jobs that involved heights with no safety measures...Each day i'd literally be sweating and shaking and dizzy...sometimes I'd throw up. Then one day, while bending my arms over the side of a roof on a house which was on a cliff (at the bottom of the cliff was ocean waves crashing against rocks) I suddenly wasn't afraid anymore (1/2)
>>
I'm not sure how to explain it, but just try and be rational. The sky isn't going to fall... The ceiling in walmart isn't going to crash. Be logical, keep those thoughts in your mind. Then slowly get yourself in situations which involve facing fear a bit at a time. Realise that there are actual REAL dangers out there, in muslim countries you could just get your head cut off for no reason, or be shot, etc. You probably have a very safe life compared to many people. Be thankful. What would happen if you had to go to war? And face real danger? Toughen up! if you're a girl, disregard, since the world panders and coddles women and the government will give you welfare if you're afraid of a job or something lol
>>
>>16861283
it depends, i have worse fear when i see so much light from ceiling, i think height ceiling is 10 meters for me
>>
>>16861318
i want to be you, every week i fight with this phobia in gym and it isnt getting better
>>
>>16861346
Exactly, i want to be racional but sometimes i just cant look up i have to close eyes and wait
>>
>>16860601
I just get sweaty palms and nervous
>>
File: _design.png (86KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
_design.png
86KB, 280x280px
>>16860601
>>16862133
I try to tell myself that the ceiling isn't going to fall and that the building stood for ages so what are the chances. Also I tried listening to music in those type of places. It's just me though
>>
>>16862150
earphones with loud music help me a lot but i csnt listen to music in school gym
>>
i also thought about buying VR display and create 3d game which simulates these situations it xan help me maybe
>>
>>16859919
>I cant go to Tesco
Step aside peasant, Waitrose masterrace coming through.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.